• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

One Day Late - ZF 116610 LV & LN

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
What would be awesome is a Clean vs ZF comparison.
weve seen all others in the "who has the best hulk' thread LINK but Clean v4 is missing.

all i can see is that CF crownguards are a bit off.
The clean v4 has not fixed anything that would raise it above the zzf that proceeded it. Dials the same crystals the same and the case still isn't right.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
The clean v4 has not fixed anything that would raise it above the zzf that proceeded it. Dials the same crystals the same and the case still isn't right.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

basicly what youre telling me is that ZZF v3 = cleanV4 ( only updated ceramic insert)

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
basicly what youre telling me is that ZZF v3 = cleanV4

This is the understanding, Clean and ZZF is the exact same watch with a different sticker. (Though admittedly It's all abit confusing whether a V3 is a V4 or a V1 is V2S etc, but then I guess it's meant to be. There are however 2 cases, the old one and the new one. The old one had non tapered sides and GMT like crown guards, the new case has tapered sides and crown guards that appear to resemble the early 116610 style, they are quite easy to tell apart when you know what to look for.)

If I were buying a Hulk in today's market it would be ZF.

joekidd41

Looking Around
2/9/21
Hello everyone, with your permission I want to ask something. Is the date wheel worse on the LN model than on the LV? I've looked at a lot of LN and LV models and the date wheel seems to be more accurate on the LV model. Does it just seem that way to me or is it really like that? So I hesitate to order LN.

I would wait for the next VSF if I were you. I have gotten two QC's and the date wheel has been crooked on both and the timeograph has been criminally low (218 for one of min). If I'm paying this much for a rep I expect better quality. Due to the raids and holidays however, the watches have been pretty crap!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I would wait for the next VSF if I were you. I have gotten two QC's and the date wheel has been crooked on both and the timeograph has been criminally low (218 for one of min). If I'm paying this much for a rep I expect better quality. Due to the raids and holidays however, the watches have been pretty crap!

VSF is closed, there's no way to know when or if they will reopen

mercurio007

VSF is closed, there's no way to know when or if they will reopen

I talked to an old member here on RWI, his news is that VSF is reorganizing, they had the seizure of everything, spaces, equipment, materials, it takes time to reorganize all this, from his information could come back by the end of 2021 or 2022 beginning, if there are no other drawbacks. According to him even noob has some hope of returning but less secure. Only the future will tell us the truth

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I talked to an old member here on RWI, his news is that VSF is reorganizing, they had the seizure of everything, spaces, equipment, materials, it takes time to reorganize all this, from his information could come back by the end of 2021 or 2022 beginning, if there are no other drawbacks. According to him even noob has some hope of returning but less secure. Only the future will tell us the truth

Which would be good, and that's why I said if and when, but I wouldn't recommend waiting for a next vsf without knowing whether they will come back at all and to your point if they do then it may be 3 months, it may be 6 months or more, and even then there's no way of knowing whether their new watches will be on par with what they delivered so far.

It's like waiting for the next version of a watch, you don't know when it's gonna come and whether it will fix flaws or add new ones.

So in my opinion if you want a hulk, buy one that is available, and ZF is a good contender. If ever VSF comes back with a better one you can alway sell yours and by a VSF

dragon07

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/20
I don't think vsf will come back. I'm getting a hulk soon. I'm stuck between clean and zf. Which one do you think I should buy? From where ?

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
[h=1]so is the Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic 904L SS Case ZF still a good purchase. thinking about getting my first sub and this is where I have found myself.[/h]
Open to any suggestions,

Cheers

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It's a good choice and would be my 1st choice if VSF were not available once again, VSF certainly has the edge in the popularity contest but this ZF is a really solid release that has been overshadowed by VSF mania.

Reactions: Cadows

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I am still missing if the lume of gen hands matches with the ZF Sub hour markers since by default ZF have mismatching lumes ex factory

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Someone with ZF hulk that can check their clean insert? It's either v3-10 or v4.
Atm the CLEAN hulk look the best for the insert and maybe dial.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
I am still missing if the lume of gen hands matches with the ZF Sub hour markers since by default ZF have mismatching lumes ex factory

I fitted gen hands on my ZF last year and they were closely matched and way better than the standard ZF hands. I could only find this pic next to a VSF 12 series.
a789ca7d42691ced90cd5e15d37ba613.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I fitted gen hands on my ZF last year and they were closely matched and way better than the standard ZF hands. I could only find this pic next to a VSF 12 series.
a789ca7d42691ced90cd5e15d37ba613.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pic. The gen hands surely look good on the ZF. Hope they will match with the 116 Hulk dial too

GMTMasterC

Horology Curious
25/8/13
So... after a hiatus of a couple of years. I have ordered a ZF black LV Submariner. There is some 'available stock' at my TD (Intime)... and I am looking forward to this with real anticipation. My first Submariner was from about 10 years ago (not sure of the factory) and then I bought a V4, then a V6 Noob. Then I moved on to a, Noob Sea Dweller, then Daytona ARF. The quality was obvs always getting better. I'll report back and let you know what I think soon.

Reactions: HomeRye