• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

mistermagoo

9/8/17
I received my QC today and I think I should reject it. Too many flaws, isn't it?
ea26cca2-0261-4036-baab-9a8726c31aa8.jpg

What are the flaws on the watch?

berryhusky

Horology Curious
25/4/21
The "DAYTONA" is too long, and the "SWISS MADE" is not aligned. Those are my thoughts comparing to the gen one.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I received my QC today and I think I should reject it. Too many flaws, isn't it?
ea26cca2-0261-4036-baab-9a8726c31aa8.jpg

First time seeing this
looks like some hybrid hahah
dial is definetly not noobs,subdials too thin like old v3 but hour markers are not from noob,also printing is not like noobs
bezel looks like v3 (not arf but noob v3)
case thickness we cant see it but the pushers are too long like ARF
Stickers on endlinks are also weird

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hi Folks.

I also received the QC pictures of my first Rolex rep (Noob v4) from my TD. My only concern is a bit faint text under "Rolex". Do you think it's a well known dial variant, a flaw or just a lighting/contrast issue of the photography?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
These samples look terrible. I really wonder if they are those previously rejected stocks sitting at the back of the drawer.......
If it is me, I will withhold from ordering any Noob Daytonas at this moment until the situation is clear and confirmed.

Last edited:
Reactions: lolo1972sg

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
First time seeing this
looks like some hybrid hahah
dial is definetly not noobs,subdials too thin like old v3 but hour markers are not from noob,also printing is not like noobs
bezel looks like v3 (not arf but noob v3)
case thickness we cant see it but the pushers are too long like ARF
Stickers on endlinks are also weird

The „A“ in Daytona also have a strange font. Not quite like the 116520 serif font but similar. Definitely not as it should look like in a 116500.

Reactions: Bobi01

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
These samples look terrible. I really wonder if they are those previously rejected stocks sitting at the back of the drawer.......
If it is me, I will withhold from ordering any Noob Daytonas at this moment until the situation is clear and confirmed.

Maybe if they could be bought at a discount due to the flaws?

Either way I think we will see new batches, but might take a few weeks or so as Noob has some issues. I hope the rumors are false, but we have seen factories get knocked down and come back with a vengeance.

Bobi01

2/2/19

He can be happy to get even this

Bobi01

2/2/19
The „A“ in Daytona also have a strange font. Not quite like the 116520 serif font but similar. Definitely not as it should look like in a 116500.

Definetly not noob bro,pushers are too long like arf before (now even arf have genlike pushers)

Redsoxfan02116

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/20
Boston
Sorry for the newbie question... it’s been a while since I’ve posted. Have read most of this thread on the V4 and the raids etc. Meant to pull the trigger on a V3 Daytona and never did. Now I’m interested in the V4 after reading everyone’s comments about the corrections and flaws.

So here’s the embarrassing newbie question... is there an easy way to tell if a Trusted Dealer is selling the V4? I’ve looked at several TD’s websites and some indicate Noob but I dont see V4 etc. Should I just email them or is there a page on this awesome website that indicates which dealers sell ARF vs Noob and the versions etc.? Thanks

Bobi01

2/2/19
Sorry for the newbie question... it’s been a while since I’ve posted. Have read most of this thread on the V4 and the raids etc. Meant to pull the trigger on a V3 Daytona and never did. Now I’m interested in the V4 after reading everyone’s comments about the corrections and flaws.

So here’s the embarrassing newbie question... is there an easy way to tell if a Trusted Dealer is selling the V4? I’ve looked at several TD’s websites and some indicate Noob but I dont see V4 etc. Should I just email them or is there a page on this awesome website that indicates which dealers sell ARF vs Noob and the versions etc.? Thanks

First,you cant get from TDs v3 or earlier versions if v4 exists…
second,im pretty sure that now after raids and noob not working,that you will not get any version.. you can ask some TD ih they have some stocks (ones that most of members here rejected because of flaws) but im pretty sure that most of them are out of stocks…

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

ONly V4 will be obtainable, so if your buying a Noob it'll be V4. Easy way to tell if its Noob or not is the thickness of the case. The Noob (and gen) case is no deeper than the circumference of the pushers. Watches that don't have the slim 4130 of the Noob (and gen) have a thicker case that is thicker than the pushers. Have a look at both and you'll see.. the difference is immediately obvious.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
I’m about to list this in the sales section but can’t find enough info to list, I believe it is BP is it? Actually someone commented before that it was but just to double confirm would be great and I’ve looked at pretty much all TD websites and cannot find it, anyone has any clue how much was the recommended TD price? A TD link would help too

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I’m about to list this in the sales section but can’t find enough info to list, I believe it is BP is it? Actually someone commented before that it was but just to double confirm would be great and I’ve looked at pretty much all TD websites and cannot find it, anyone has any clue how much was the recommended TD price? A TD link would help too

you need to summon KJ2020