• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
incredibly enough these two tones go (relatively) cheap on the market despite looking f class

Yeah its strange, ihave seen that to, you can/could buy a two tone Daytona for 16 000-18 000€ But a ss one goes for 25-30 000€ its crazy..

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
A two tone here is cheaper than that tompa
my friend bought it for that amount but in local currency

Reactions: Tompa

CurtisL

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/21
Illinois
This happened today!
33b460579d5b41e0f27c943a6cd3c09a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks very good. Very nice purchase.

CurtisL

21/4/21
Illinois
I had my V3 serviced immediately after I received it : it was not working when I opened the package coming from China.
After the service, the watch behaves perfectly, I even had the chrono running for more than 12 hours, and I use is regularly.
If the chrono or anything fails in the future, I'll just get it serviced.
The cool thing is that all movement parts can be swapped with GEN parts, so it's quite easy to repair (but it can be pricey for some parts).
You also have the option to buy another Noob (V3 or V4) to have another 4130 movement in case you need parts and the GEN are too expensive.

If you don't mind me asking what service did you have done? I am curious so I know what should be done.

Bobi01

2/2/19
If you don't mind me asking what service did you have done? I am curious so I know what should be done.

Full service,dissasemle all movement parts,cleaning them and lube with proper oils,waterproofing after thar

Reactions: CurtisL

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
How does the build quality compare to your Noob Daytona?

It's a good step up in build quality. The marriage between the moving parts like the crown and tube and the pushers are to a far greater tolerance and butter smooth. It's nicer to unscrew and wind, it has an aura about it that the Noob does not have. Put both in hand and you instantly know which is the rep and that's not just the weight, it's the finish and how solid it feels, like one piece instead of a bunch of parts, hard to describe but it's really nice.

Dayton

10/12/20
Singapore
It's a good step up in build quality. The marriage between the moving parts like the crown and tube and the pushers are to a far greater tolerance and butter smooth. It's nicer to unscrew and wind, it has an aura about it that the Noob does not have. Put both in hand and you instantly know which is the rep and that's not just the weight, it's the finish and how solid it feels, like one piece instead of a bunch of parts, hard to describe but it's really nice.

Congrats on your TT Daytona. I know exactly what you’re trying to describe. I have the gen 116500 white dial but only wear it on special occasions. The noob is my daily beater and I can tell the difference even when blindfolded. Everything about the gen is buttery smooth to touch, wind and even the closing of the clasp has a haptic feel to it. If only we can all buy SS Daytonas at TT prices.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
If only we can all buy SS Daytonas at TT prices.

If only.. lol.. as above we could buy TT and plate in SS.. or that would be silly but more realistically you could buy TT and convert it with genuine parts, once you've sold off the gold parts you would be way ahead of the game if you didn't mind having a genstein (for a lot less).

CurtisL

21/4/21
Illinois
Full service,dissasemle all movement parts,cleaning them and lube with proper oils,waterproofing after thar

Very nice to know, thank you for responding. Do you have a special watch repair you use or do you just go to any jeweler?

Bobi01

2/2/19
Very nice to know, thank you for responding. Do you have a special watch repair you use or do you just go to any jeweler?

You can even do it by yourself if you have skills :)
we usually use our trusted watchmakers here on forum,you have many od them with high skill in US, EU or UK
just scroll and read a bit,everything about it is already disscused

Reactions: CurtisL

CurtisL

21/4/21
Illinois
You can even do it by yourself if you have skills :)
we usually use our trusted watchmakers here on forum,you have many od them with high skill in US, EU or UK
just scroll and read a bit,everything about it is already disscused

Thank you.

Reactions: Bobi01