• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Anybody know if you should replace to a gen spec crystal gasket and spring bars on an ARF 116520? I’ve read here that it is advisable for a Noob 116520.

doumstyle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/19
Hi folks. Bit of a lurker but I have bought from the td’s and find the information members post incredibly useful. Just ordered my Noob V4 Daytona from a TD. I’m delighted with the QC pics, and given the the comments here about the variable thickness of the Rolex printing on the dial, thought I would show you how good I think this one looks. I’m not an expert and can’t spot the issues; but this looks fab to me. I have noticed the slightly squared off coronet; but they all seem to be like that.

https://clickpix.org/image/ZlcOML
https://clickpix.org/image/Zlc1o8
https://clickpix.org/image/ZlcYgR
https://clickpix.org/image/ZlcI1Q

hi
what td makes beautiful pictures like these ?

Reactions: Plantagenet

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Anybody know if you should replace to a gen spec crystal gasket and spring bars on an ARF 116520? I’ve read here that it is advisable for a Noob 116520.

The gasket is fine on the ARF, usually the spring bars aswell, if the fit is good and tight, no need to change.

nottbear

8/4/19
Nottingham
Watch has arrived within 3 days of payment! Thanks to sead! It’s stunning I think. All working correctly and no issues. Delighted with it. Here’s a quick wrist shot. Any dust specs are just that. As per the QC pics, the 5 lines of text are really sharp and not bold. Will post more photos when I have more time to take better ones.

Reactions: DonG and Pizzo

ricciox

Known Member
14/4/19
Watch has arrived within 3 days of payment! Thanks to sead! It’s stunning I think. All working correctly and no issues. Delighted with it. Here’s a quick wrist shot. Any dust specs are just that. As per the QC pics, the 5 lines of text are really sharp and not bold. Will post more photos when I have more time to take better ones.

very nice from which td did you buy it?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Having issues with flush SEL’s - one even slightly protrudes, any fixes? I’ve tried swapping bracelet sides to improve it marginally or would you say leave it be?
VB01F6.jpg

VB0yns.jpg

VB0Irh.jpg

VB0QJ0.jpg

VB0CfD.jpg

VB0UXF.jpg

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Last batch of v3 daytonas had perfect sels with slightly recees,no gaps... idk why noob ruined that badly on v4

Willyw

Horology Curious
11/2/21
I really like the Rolex Daytona with a gold case, blue dial, and leather strap. Though, I'm not able to find it on any of the trusted dealer's websites.

Has anyone experience buying from noobfactorywatches.shop ? Are they really an "official" Noob Factory dealer/factory itself?

I'd like to buy this watch from them:
https://noobfactorywatches.shop/pro...aph-daytona-blue-dial-116518-v4-best-version/

Price seems more expensive than from the trusted dealer's websites though which is a bit of a red flag for me. Or is that because of the leather strap?

johndoe12

2/6/12
Hi folks, could you help me out please?
I have a Noob V2 Panda version. I haven't kept up in a while and having trouble finding posts that compare the V2 with this new V4.
Could you let me know if it's worth upgrading to the V4 vs. installing a CF bezel on my Noob V2 panda?

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Hi folks, could you help me out please?
I have a Noob V2 Panda version. I haven't kept up in a while and having trouble finding posts that compare the V2 with this new V4.
Could you let me know if it's worth upgrading to the V4 vs. installing a CF bezel on my Noob V2 panda?
Bezel is a must, as the V2 has the serif R on the bezel. I personally have the CF bezel, but also a V3 bezel. My V3 bezel is much brighter than CF, although on a loupe the CF has a nicer finish.

I think the V4 dial might be slightly better than V2, but at least it doesn't have the thin subdials we had seen in some of the V3s. One would argue you should get an ARF and that will be a much better upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
I've read that if you if you press the chronograph reset button (ie lower pusher) while the chronograph is moving, you will break the 4130 clone movement. Is this really the case? If so, does anyone know if there are any gen parts (or after market parts) that can be swapped into the 4130 clone movement to fix this design flaw? (I'm assuming the gen 4130 does not break under this same scenario).

popi2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/20

Daytonas are addicting, here's my new baby coming! Very good SEL and no fat printing on dial!