• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I disagree, for me the wording rolex that of noob is closer to the gen, while that of arf is different.

arf vs gen
...]

Nice comparison. The gen seems to be one of the "thick font" dials that have been mentioned in the thread. And maybe a little out of focus on the top pair of pics.
I admit that I don't think I can tell the difference IRL.
Funnily it is the ARF where "DAYTONA" seems to be the most orangey .....

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Im too OCD so im not person to judge haha,someone dont care but i want it to be as much as good as it can be,sadly there is no perfect daytona dial st the moment,even the arf have better dial print the markers lume are too big and different shape,subdials still little thinner on most of the examples... while IMO noob replicated markers nicely this time,the shape of markers and lume inside is 90% genlike,lume is identical size,subdials are genlike thickness,for me the color is nicely bright (not too cold white and not too yellowish,just as it needs to be) but the ROLEX fonts and especially O is not genlike shape
anyway that daytona print vary on different examples so you can catch one with lower position.. other things you must choose between arf and noob and live with them

My OCD is getting the best of me too... I wish I could just buy the watch and be happy. Maybe I should stop reading about watches after I buy them. It's so difficult not to see flaws once someone points them out... And that ruins everything for me, it starts eating me inside and I usually end up selling the watch. For very minute flaws... The best thing is that I often miss the damn thing after it gets sold. Oh my... Maybe I should take those pills anyway :D

Thank you for your reply!

Reactions: Bobi01

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
My OCD is getting the best of me too... I wish I could just buy the watch and be happy. Maybe I should stop reading about watches after I buy them. It's so difficult not to see flaws once someone points them out... And that ruins everything for me, it starts eating me inside and I usually end up selling the watch. For very minute flaws... The best thing is that I often miss the damn thing after it gets sold. Oh my... Maybe I should take those pills anyway :D

Just think of the $28,300 that you save over this one ..... that should decrease your ennui over the tiny flaws that you - well, make that I, perhaps you can - can't even see without blowing up the picture 20 times ....
My god I thought they were around $22k ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

Bobi01

2/2/19

Ahahah
i think you can bee happy with v4 white dial out of box,if you can find one with lower daytona print and a bit thinner rolex fonts i think all other flaws are not easy spot on the wrist

Reactions: Therion666

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
Those subdials are the most thin ever noob produce on black dial,reminds me of v3 white dial last batch with super slim subdials, not good imo but maybe the whole last batch is like this so you have no choice

I completely agree! That is what I asked a couple of pages ago.

The Black Dial sub dials are extremely thin. They look like a "zenith" daytona.

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Is there any way to correct this misalignment?
The TD says you don't even notice
d47423fb6b19d9a03c45973fbe567556.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Bobi01

2/2/19
in all the photos it is like this. It appears that the dial is not centered.

Yes,my watch is appearently with nikz and i also spoted that dial is not centered(tilted to the left) so it needs a little mod to tilt it to the right,maybe shaving only one teeth and rotate sligtly to the right

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Yes,my watch is appearently with nikz and i also spoted that dial is not centered(tilted to the left) so it needs a little mod to tilt it to the right,maybe shaving only one teeth and rotate sligtly to the right

It is not a job that I can do alone unfortunately, so I prefer to have one with less obvious defects

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
yes, but it's a sticker!

Its supposed to be written "904L" this sticker is a bad replica sticker! and the lower middle subdial hand is not aligned with the 60 !!! i would definitely RL this one....

ps; looks good mate ;)