• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
what I don't like and that people judge from a simple photo and insists, I am convinced that some of them do not have a personal gen, instead I repeat, I speak because I have seen live the comparison between v4 and gen and we were 3, the only difference we noticed with the gen is the red rolex writing a little clearer.

Double post

Last edited:

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
what I don't like and that people judge from a simple photo and insists, I am convinced that some of them do not have a personal gen, instead I repeat, I speak because I have seen live the comparison between v4 and gen and we were 3, the only difference we noticed with the gen is the red rolex writing a little clearer.

Don’t listen to 2841... this guy enhances photos 20x and if something is off by slightest micron it’s a huge flaw. If any sub dial is slightly larger when zoomed in 20x versus “his dial which is perfect compared to gen”, he’ll come chime in just to let you he thinks your watch has flaws.

This joker tried to tell a gen Patek 5711 owner that the ppf v4 was not a great rep and that the gen owner was trying to convince himself. This guy is seriously delusional.

It’s a $700 rep with a clone 4130 movement... take it for what it is. It’s a solid rep.

I totally agree with your statements. His comments do little to value the thread, and frankly are unnecessary. But that’s this forum for you....

I think a lot of these forum members who freak out over the slightest “flaw” have some serious ego or physiological issues. Go buy the gen if you are so paranoid or better yet spend thousands to mod a watch to make yourself feel better inside.

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Don’t listen to 2841... this guy enhances photos 20x and if something is off by slightest micron it’s a huge flaw. If any sub dial is slightly larger when zoomed in 20x versus “his dial which is perfect compared to gen”, he’ll come chime in just to let you he thinks your watch has flaws.

This joker tried to tell a gen Patek 5711 owner that the ppf v4 was not a great rep and that the gen owner was trying to convince himself. This guy is seriously delusional.

It’s a $700 rep with a clone 4130 movement... take it for what it is. It’s a solid rep.

I totally agree with your statements. His comments do little to value the thread, and frankly are unnecessary. But that’s this forum for you....

I think a lot of these forum members who freak out over the slightest “flaw” have some serious ego or physiological issues. Go buy the gen if you are so paranoid or better yet spend thousands to mod a watch to make yourself feel better inside.

Oh cupcake, i don't even know where to start. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder after i told you off on another thread.

This is a rep watch forum, most of the time spent here is to highlight differences between gen and rep. If we divide those people ion 2 overall categories, then we have people who are looking for best out the box watches, and people who want almost perfection via modding / franken.

I'm in the last category, i own several gens, have done several reviews and modding posts. That's my way of contributing to this community. Haven't seen anything from you, maybe i missed it?

A noob is a very good watch out the box. Would i personally be happy wit that? no. I like the modding part, and when we are highlighting flaws on this model, well one of the most recognizable is the wrong sized sub dials, and yes, i will highlight that!

In regards to the PPF v4, again out the box, great rep, but if you compare it directly to the gen, there are some pretty big flaws that are obvious, bezel size/slope, crown, and thickness/lack of beveling.

If you are a out the box guy, just scroll past my post and think "what an idiot" :) The other people who are interested in getting something a bit closer to gen, might find my posts useful, they seem to so far.

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
I think, given that the Noob Daytona subdials have a point of contention for ages, any change to a fatter subdial following the launch of the V4 is a fair and valid thing to point out.

Reactions: 2841

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
I think, given that the Noob Daytona subdials have a point of contention for ages, any change to a fatter subdial following the launch of the V4 is a fair and valid thing to point out.

I don’t disagree, but it would be nice if the aforementioned user making the comparison actually had some proof of this. Other than providing an opinion saying it’s flawed. That doesn’t add value to the thread.

If he showed a picture of previous V4 sub dials, or even his perfect subdial’s compared to ricciox ‘s pictures, clearing showing the sub dial thickness difference, I wouldn’t of chimed in. I think that is why ricciox was annoyed to begin with that another member is claiming there’s a flaw with his watch just because he swing something with his eyes. I have better things to do than argue with people on the internet unlike others.

Anyways I’m not going to argue with the person, I don’t want to get off topic but just my 2 cents. If you are saying someone’s watch is flawed, a little proof to back it up would be nice, other than some “experts” opinion.

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
I don’t disagree, but it would be nice if the aforementioned user making the comparison actually had some proof of this. Other than providing an opinion saying it’s flawed. That doesn’t add value to the thread.

If he showed a picture of previous V4 sub dials, or even his perfect subdial’s compared to ricciox ‘s pictures, clearing showing the sub dial thickness difference, I wouldn’t of chimed in. I think that is why ricciox was annoyed to begin with that another member is claiming there’s a flaw with his watch just because he swing something with his eyes. I have better things to do than argue with people on the internet unlike others.

Anyways I’m not going to argue with the person, I don’t want to get off topic but just my 2 cents. If you are saying someone’s watch is flawed, a little proof to back it up would be nice, other than some “experts” opinion.

Mark made an observation. Although he didn't agree, ricciox posted a side by side that supported the observation. 2841 made a comment. You hear someone say that the sky is blue and you think it's an asinine opinion unless someone shows you a picture?

Reactions: 2841

ricciox

Known Member
14/4/19
here is a close-up photo, I still don't see any differences.
5d7c5340e98b4031ba2f513b1b503462.jpg

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
Looking at left subdial (hour counter), look at the space between 9 ans the extremity of the black circle.
Counter look more fat on the below picture.

ricciox

Known Member
14/4/19
Looking at left subdial (hour counter), look at the space between 9 ans the extremity of the black circle.
Counter look more fat on the below picture.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but the photo below is on gen and above is the noob.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiffRalf

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
I'm sorry to disappoint you but the photo below is on gen and above is the noob.

The one on the bottom is the same one posted before with the white glove holding it up for QC and the 904 sticker on the bracelet.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
The one on the bottom is the same one posted before with the white glove holding it up for QC and the 904 sticker on the bracelet.

True, however it seems to me that it is a "strange" defect, the subdial seems oval. If the QC has been accepted, I would expect to see it in real life because it could be an aberration of the pic.

Last edited:
Reactions: shel504

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

Just let it go :)

This kid asks for advice, received it, and doesn't like the answer :)

ricciox

Known Member
14/4/19
True, however it seems to me that it is a "strange" defect, the subdial seems oval. If the QC has been accepted, I would expect to see it in real life because it could be an aberration of the pic.

certainly franco, as soon as I get there I take the photos and put them here.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

ricciox

Known Member
14/4/19
Just let it go :)

This kid asks for advice, received it, and doesn't like the answer :)

of course I asked for advice, but your advice is not necessarily exact, especially when you insist that you must be right, in fact you have also been reprimanded for this before by Lebron.

Reactions: LebronXiJames

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
of course I asked for advice, but your advice is not necessarily exact, especially when you insist that you must be right, in fact you have also been reprimanded for this before by Lebron.

Unfortunately, it is the habit of someone to bore others with annoying comments. They spend most of their time here and want to look like they are top of the class. The most annoying thing is that they almost seem to take pleasure in mortifying the choices of others. The best thing would be to ignore them even if I understand how difficult it is to digest certain behaviors.

Reactions: LebronXiJames

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe

There is no disappointment my friend. I only commented about thickness and what I saw ;)

Whichever is more thick, doesn't really matter. What matters to people is that their replica is different compared to gen I guess.

Last edited:

ricciox

Known Member
14/4/19
here is another photo with the zoom of the subdial questioned, I hope this is clarification.
9d7ebac440c06ae137216cd7977816d2.jpg

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
The only way you can tell this perceived difference in subdial thickness is if the watch were so big you would have to wear it on your thigh LOL!

Reactions: Tijdwijzer