• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Further checking convinced that this is a V3 dial; my 2 cents, but I have the doubt that Noob doesn't want to sell the dials alone now.

I'd went for an ARF dial, if I would have found it...
Anyway, this are all the others QC photos, it's definetly a V3 to me...

The one on the left is the V4 dial of Robi01, on the right that of your QC. They look very similar to me...

NASA

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/18
Can anyone identify which version this dial is?

7a6b07d558418d8e45c16fd8adbe9582.jpg

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
The one on the left is the V4 dial of Robi01, on the right that of your QC. They look very similar to me...

Numbers in subdials are crispier and thinner on my example,check out 12 for example,i remember v2 dials had that blurry numbers,also numbers sits lower and daytona text also,not too much but sits little lower

Bobi01

2/2/19

Noob but idk which version,blurry numbers in subdials and tipical noob O in rolex print... but numbers in subdials are not lower like on v4 and numbers are too blurry like old v2

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

- The misaligned Bezel is a V3.
- Many earlier V3s had poor SELs like this.
- There was a batch or two of V3s produced with Sub-dials that had the same thickness as the older V2s.

There was a time when it appeared that Noob was throwing together V3s with what ever parts they could find. This appears to be one of those.

marcmarc

Horology Curious
10/11/20
It really hacks me off when dealers don't look at the obvious stuff like that dent (the picture is almost angled to actually show it to you!!), which is bloody obvious and they expect us to have an opinion in the hope that we might miss it. If we do miss it, I am concerned that the watch just goes back for the next punter in the hope that they miss it.

I have just received some bloody obvious repetitive QC errors from Puretime, that I was utterly shocked that they would even put them in front of me in the hope that I would miss it!

Care to share who the TD is??

It's Puretime but I think the others are correct, that the dent is just a reflection of the hand of the cameraman and the scratches might just be dirt which can easily be rubbed off. I've already requested the TD to send a better picture of the left side of the watch and if they could clean the dirt. Will post follow up QC pics once received!

marcmarc

Horology Curious
10/11/20
This is my QC, even if the lugs are not perfect I found them acceptable for a replica (even if it is expensive). In the first picture the H of HOUR is defective, but in the second picture it is good, the TD assured me that it is dirt, maybe even your 60 to 240 is just dirty! The rial problem of PureTime is the HD of pictures:):):):)

ZmZnqK.jpg

ZmZ6Tv.jpg

Nice qc pics! When did you order yours? If only recently (I placed my order on 21 Nov.), I think it's safe to assume that there are two types of v4 being produced. Also i think there are also two types of bracelets due to the different printing of the 904L sticker (serif and sans serif).

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I've read multiple threads but still confused. Finally does V4 Noob comparable to ARF dial and bracelet? If I don't get used, I'm about to order from TD. Don't wanna spend $750 and do get a watch with shifty bracelet and dial. Opinions please?

marcmarc

Horology Curious
10/11/20
I've read multiple threads but still confused. Finally does V4 Noob comparable to ARF dial and bracelet? If I don't get used, I'm about to order from TD. Don't wanna spend $750 and do get a watch with shifty bracelet and dial. Opinions please?

Based on what I understand:

ARF
- nicer dial (crisper text and better coronet)
- better bracelet
- chronograph doesn't fully work
- thicker than gen

noob
- texts not as crisp and flat coronet
- better bezel
- chronograph works
- same movement and thickness as gen

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkMarky

giu7611

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/20
Nice qc pics! When did you order yours? If only recently (I placed my order on 21 Nov.), I think it's safe to assume that there are two types of v4 being produced. Also i think there are also two types of bracelets due to the different printing of the 904L sticker (serif and sans serif).

I ordered it on November 15th

StevieH

Known Member
14/1/19
It's Puretime but I think the others are correct, that the dent is just a reflection of the hand of the cameraman and the scratches might just be dirt which can easily be rubbed off. I've already requested the TD to send a better picture of the left side of the watch and if they could clean the dirt. Will post follow up QC pics once received!

Yes, on closer inspection I would agree now.

I have one watch coming from Puretime today and 2 more enroute, so an exciting day today.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Was going to order a v4 with CF bezel however my TD said CF aren't producing them anymore? Maybe that's why the V4s are so good, is it a partnership? Either way I know very little about Daytona's but will update thread when I get QC

Bobi01

2/2/19
Was going to order a v4 with CF bezel however my TD said CF aren't producing them anymore? Maybe that's why the V4s are so good, is it a partnership? Either way I know very little about Daytona's but will update thread when I get QC

First time hearing this,i bought one recently

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Already got QC, so this is how the “latest” batch is looking - would it be stupid of me to reject this for the misaligned chrono hand?
V562gh.jpg

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville
Already got QC, so this is how the “latest” batch is looking - would it be stupid of me to reject this for the misaligned chrono hand?
V562gh.jpg

Your dial looks great, sharp fonts. Not sure if the chrono hand is misaligned. Maybe ask for a few more shots from other angles?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Your dial looks great, sharp fonts. Not sure if the chrono hand is misaligned. Maybe ask for a few more shots from other angles?

I mean I don't know much about Daytona's but it looked good to me - is it an easy fix to correct misaligned hands?

marcmarc

Horology Curious
10/11/20
V562gh.jpg

Nice crisp text on the dial! The 11 mark on the upper left subdial seems smudged though.