• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

marcmarc

Horology Curious
10/11/20
Here are some QC pics for a v4 i ordered. While the watch mostly looks good (low daytona, slim text, aligned bezel insert, fat subdials), i have the following issues:

1. SELs could be tighter
2. There seems to be a scratch on the bezel insert from 60 to 240
3. Dent on the left edge of the watch

I'm thinking of giving it the RL. Thanks for any inputs!

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Here are some QC pics for a v4 i ordered. While the watch mostly looks good (low daytona, slim text, aligned bezel insert, fat subdials), i have the following issues:

1. SELs could be tighter
That's a perfectly fine watch, mate. You're seeing things...

Reactions: Mathisbou155

StevieH

Known Member
14/1/19

1. SELs could be tighter

Zix80S.jpg
Zix6TW.jpg
ZixnoP.jpg
Zixt5Q.jpg
ZixQNR.jpg
ZixBBL.jpg

It really hacks me off when dealers don't look at the obvious stuff like that dent (the picture is almost angled to actually show it to you!!), which is bloody obvious and they expect us to have an opinion in the hope that we might miss it. If we do miss it, I am concerned that the watch just goes back for the next punter in the hope that they miss it.

I have just received some bloody obvious repetitive QC errors from Puretime, that I was utterly shocked that they would even put them in front of me in the hope that I would miss it!

Care to share who the TD is??

Last edited:

HG 2000

Supporter
22/7/20

I’m seeing the mark from 60 to 240 as well.

I would hope that a TD wouldn’t let something that obvious slide, but you never know.
Maybe ask them to try to wipe it off and re-take the pic?

Reactions: StevieH

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18

1. SELs could be tighter

I don’t see a dent on the watch. If anything I see the top of a camera and the cameraman’s hand on the reflection.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that watch, in fact, the dial looks pretty good for a noob

Reactions: Mathisbou155

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K

Clearly the reflection of the camera and hands taking the picture, seen that within a second. The scratch appears to be dirt/residue. Perhaps better, whoever ordered it to ask first and people looking to look properly before jumping to conclusions.

If this is the standard of watches going out and people rejecting them I feel sorry for TD’s.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
How much are the ARF dials mate?

Depends on the version, seller and how hard it is to find :)

To give you an example, i've been on the hunt for the "perfect" ARF dial a while now. I found 2 that met the standards i was looking for, paid 150 for the first and 195 for the second

Reactions: jcher

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Depends on the version, seller and how hard it is to find :)

To give you an example, i've been on the hunt for the "perfect" ARF dial a while now. I found 2 that met the standards i was looking for, paid 150 for the first and 195 for the second

Fair enough, so assuming I’am looking to use an ARF bracelet too, guessing it makes more sense to just buy the whole watch.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Fair enough, so assuming I’am looking to use an ARF bracelet too, guessing it makes more sense to just buy the whole watch.

Well yes and no, you still have to sell the leftover ARF watch, now with Noob parts :)

gpvecchi

4/7/12
For me it is a badly made pic. The subdials have two edges at the outer and inner ends (two darker rings) and the numbers sit on the edge of the inner ring. Try to enlarge the pic, it is evident. If I were you, I'd ask for a few more better made pics. The orange writing may depend on the lighting condition. The lighting conditions are not always the same.

Further checking convinced that this is a V3 dial; my 2 cents, but I have the doubt that Noob doesn't want to sell the dials alone now.

I'd went for an ARF dial, if I would have found it...
Anyway, this are all the others QC photos, it's definetly a V3 to me...

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
It's obviously a hand reflection! And i agree its a good looking watch. 99% of us would GL

giu7611

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/20

1. SELs could be tighter

Zix80S.jpg
Zix6TW.jpg
ZixnoP.jpg
Zixt5Q.jpg
ZixQNR.jpg
ZixBBL.jpg

This is my QC, even if the lugs are not perfect I found them acceptable for a replica (even if it is expensive). In the first picture the H of HOUR is defective, but in the second picture it is good, the TD assured me that it is dirt, maybe even your 60 to 240 is just dirty! The rial problem of PureTime is the HD of pictures:):):):)

ZmZnqK.jpg

ZmZ6Tv.jpg

Last edited:

zzg1344

Horology Curious
10/11/20
EU
This is my QC, even if the lugs are not perfect I found them acceptable for a replica (even if it is expensive). In the first picture the H of HOUR is defective, but in the second picture it is good, the TD assured me that it is dirt, maybe even your 60 to 240 is just dirty! The rial problem of PureTime is the HD of pictures:):):):)

ZmZnqK.jpg

ZmZ6Tv.jpg

I got mine too. Mine looks the same as your QC photo. And it is 5 sec faster per day, what about yours?

giu7611

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/20
I got mine too. Mine looks the same as your QC photo. And it is 5 sec faster per day, what about yours?

Mine is yet to arrive, from the timegrapher it is +9.8. However it is very easy to adjust, any watchmaker can do it