• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
tobel you meant the bezel or the dial?

I think bezel is slightly misaligned to right and dial to left and that is why it looks too obvious,you shouldve see that on qc photos easy

gpvecchi

4/7/12
You can’t refuse QC on parts, I’m sure he explained that to you before you made the order

Absolutely not, they didn't tell me anything...

Anyway, this is the QC photos; do you agree it's a V2 dial? Orange Daytona text, and the numbers in subdials are centered, and not toward center.
Do you think it's possible to fix the crooked marker @9?

Mathisbou155

Known Member
5/6/19

Anyway, this is the QC photos; do you agree it's a V2 dial? Orange Daytona text, and the numbers in subdials are centered, and not toward center.

It’s a v4 for me

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: gpvecchi

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

It looks fine for a Noob dial :) And you can't judge the color form a picture

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I also think it is not v4,numbers on v4 inside subdials are crispier and sitting lower,for daytona color cant judge on this picture

gpvecchi

4/7/12
Exactly, numbers on V4 are sitting lower. And regarding color, I got QC for the watch from the same TD, so I think with the same camera and lightning, and they were much more red.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Exactly, numbers on V4 are sitting lower. And regarding color, I got QC for the watch from the same TD, so I think with the same camera and lightning, and they were much more red.

For me it is a badly made pic. The subdials have two edges at the outer and inner ends (two darker rings) and the numbers sit on the edge of the inner ring. Try to enlarge the pic, it is evident. If I were you, I'd ask for a few more better made pics. The orange writing may depend on the lighting condition. The lighting conditions are not always the same.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

I deal a lot with Li, and he has always been 100% honest with me.

I've seen 3-4 different variations so far of the V4, some are okay, some has been absolutely horrible. This is absolutely not one of the best, but that's the chance you take when you buy parts. (And that's why most TDs won't sell you parts, because they have no "return to the factory" on them)

I've also received about 2 million QC pics from Li/Lana, and no, they won't always use exactly the same lighting or angle ect. so pics from the same TD can vary in color.

Lastly, why on earth would you buy a Noob dial for a swap, when you could have gone for the superior ARF dial? :)

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Is hard to find just the dial, most people buy the whole ARF just for the dial and swap it to sell the remaining with a loss

Fair enough, that’s what I remember. I would imagine the hands and bracelet too would be an upgrade from the ARF?