• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
If you are happy with one without mods, you are probably smarter than me :) The only thing i like about the noob, is the movement, imo ARF is superior on everything else.

I quite agree. Stock is already good enough for the money. New version comes almost every 6 months.

V4 came out and I just finished mod. V4 bezel and things get better than my current mod. Enjoy stock without hassle and when new one come out, buy new one.

For example, I’m definitely sure that one day we will get better case and we have to buy it again anyway lol.

enyce

Horology Curious
4/2/20
Hi everyone I just received a noob 116519 with the sa4130 clone movement. The movement when shaken is fairly noisy and wobbly. I use to own a gen 116520 circa 2009 which was damn near silent and I don't recall feeling wobbles. Is this noise and wobbliness common for the new noob Daytona's?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
If we are strictly talking about color only, both ARF and Noob are period correct. The gen Daytona dial has had both these color variations (pure white and cream white). Even the RED Daytona font has gone through changes:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=735978

Overall - because of printing crispness, marker roundedness (and WG like shine) and better coronet shape, the ARF dial (if you have right sub dial thickness) is technically superior than any Noob dial. Personally, I refuse to use any Noob dial in my modded Daytonas except the grey 116519 (which is spot on). Even the thin sub-dial ARF is better than any Noob (just my opinion ;))

Question about your opinion on the 116519 dial. I find it impossible to look at the ridges on the black subdials unless it's ridiculously bright and even then I have to have it 1mm to my face.... ARFs 116519 subdial ridges were way more apparent. Is the Noob really spot on with this?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Hi everyone I just received a noob 116519 with the sa4130 clone movement. The movement when shaken is fairly noisy and wobbly. I use to own a gen 116520 circa 2009 which was damn near silent and I don't recall feeling wobbles. Is this noise and wobbliness common for the new noob Daytona's?

Some of them need service to oil and clean them from debris. I would advice you to do so

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Im glad someone have experienced the same issue LOL

But maybe the movement above V2 noob dont need any mod anymore, im not sure about that. Well i dont think anyone will believe that we have to mod the movement because we already pay the gen hands and drive me crazy because it cant fit into 4130 noob hahhahaha...

Cheers mate for having same experience :)

To be honest all you have to do is enlarge the hands spot a bit to make them fit. Any experienced modder/watchmaker can do that.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I have a 116519 v3 that I like so much that I want to get a Panda now. Are they really of similar quality? I was never a panda fan but this makes me want to try it. My only hesitation is I hear the dial is not as good as ARFs and doing all that modding shit sounds kind of annoying. Is it really not worth just going stock?

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
These watches are so tiny and shiny in real life that you don't even notice 90% of stuff discussed here over 20x zoomed macro photos. The 116519 does indeed have the best dial, but 116500s are equally well made watches. I'd say even better, because the 116519 lacks the weight and the white gold tone of the gen. I know, I had one and also saw the gen in the metal. It's not the same. But not a problem if you don't hold them side by side.

Reactions: Trowt

StevieH

Known Member
14/1/19
Let's not forget what happens when someone admires the watch at arms length and asks for a demo of the chrono...

Reactions: Therion666

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Let's not forget what happens when someone admires the watch at arms length and asks for a demo of the chrono...

Nothing will happen when you wear a Noob, because the chrono is fully functional and will work exactly the same as the gen. However if you wear an ARF stop your test before one Minute is over:D

Reactions: tdk1010

mOrLoC89

Known Member
15/2/19
Hi Daytona Fans! :)

Studied a lot in this threat but was not able to check the right things to look at when it comes to identify a noob v3 vs v4.
Could you please take a look at this two shots and help me to identify whether its a v3 or v4?

And what spots are the main things to identify it?

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16

I seen this image on the gram from a gen grey dealer. He done a video essentially warning other dealers how good rep’s are becoming these days. He uploaded this picture as the example, which one is the fake? Interestingly but not surprising most people got it wrong, including other gen dealers.

This forum is very educated on what to look out for but as a bit of fun, which one is the rep?

Reactions: stufuse

StevieH

Known Member
14/1/19

I seen this image on the gram from a gen grey dealer. He done a video essentially warning other dealers how good rep’s are becoming these days. He uploaded this picture as the example, which one is the fake? Interestingly but not surprising most people got it wrong, including other gen dealers.

This forum is very educated on what to look out for but as a bit of fun, which one is the rep?

Hell they are good, aren't they, but I think the one on the left may be the Gen?

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
<— Gen.. my guess based off slightly better sparkle on the dial markers?

Monet333

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/8/15
Just got v4 qc pics the sub dials looks thin like v3 and sel on top left seems off. Any feedback would be appreciated

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Just got v4 qc pics the sub dials looks thin like v3 and sel on top left seems off. Any feedback would be appreciated
ZaktVt.png

Yes you are right, the subdials are way too thin. Looks like a V3 indeed. Hopefully the shit with the wrong subdials will not start all over again….

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

To me it's obvious :)

Gen on the left. To name a few points: Correct subdial size, 3d hands (especially the small chrono hands stands out on the gen) Correct ROLEX on the dial

Rep on the right. A few points: Wrong subdial size, flat hands, donut O in ROLEX, bezel text looks white, not platinum, but in fairness that could be light. This is clearly a Noob

Reactions: sincron and Fervid