• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

gravec

25/5/20
As far as I know there is no mod needed for installing the GEN hands....

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Got My Noob V4 today from Andrew Trustytime! Love it! Unboxing and unstickering below and a pic with my gen and rep subs..
ZWQlZS.jpg
Phenomenal reps these are. Always fancied a Panda but the black dial is awesome too..... Santa? Hello Santa, are you busy? Does Li deliver to the North Pole?

Last edited:

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
They are plug and play, no mods needed

I have 2 frankens and none of gen small hands fit noob. Need to mod a little.
BTW some of members fit them without mod too. Kinda random

Last edited:

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
People mention that Gen Hands are a must-do mod, but really is there any difference without looking through a loupe?
Many thanks!

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
As 2841 said, it's kinda useless, but you can find some sets from your preferred TDs, but the quality will be low, don't except the quality shown in the pictures posted earlier.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I sometimes like to have a box.. I bought my wife a full (replica) set with a 37mm ARF Yacht Master as a gift, the box and paraphernalia makes it a little more special. Also bought a box and manuals for my sister when I gifted her a Noob Date Just. I bought a full set Noob Yacht 40mm that I just sold on M2M. I have a box for my 116610LV.. I didn't bother with the new Daytona and won't bother with any other future purchases, I have a couple of boxes now. Genuine Rolex and Tudor for those genuine watches and replica boxes too for (some of) the reps. Horses for courses.

For the record, you can acquire genuine boxes on ebay and replacement cards with your own serial number. Most of the boxes listed as genuine are fake though. Expect to pay big $$$ for a genuine box.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Hi mate, I have installed more than 10 GEN handsets on the noob daytona and no mods were required - straight fit :)

IMO, a GEN handset installed on the REP goes a long way. If I had only one mod to do for this model it would be changing the hands (and the gasket... ) !

What's wrong with Noob hands? Are they so bad to spend $500 on gen hands?

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
Why would you want box and papers for a replica?

I like collecting things, and I like completing collections. For my guitars, I want them with catalogues, hang tags, etc. Cars, I want the manuals, dealer brochures, ads. A box is just a way to complete a collection. I still have the original box and papers for my 1978 Datejust, along with the brochure that my mother picked up the day she and my dad first looked at watches.

Nothing to do with value, and certainly not to deceive someone. Sometimes the answer is simply because I want it. I can't wear my watches at the same time, so the rep daytona may as well sit in a rep box. Better than the wooden necklace box that it currently resides in.

Reactions: Therion666

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I like collecting things, and I like completing collections. For my guitars, I want them with catalogues, hang tags, etc. Cars, I want the manuals, dealer brochures, ads. A box is just a way to complete a collection. I still have the original box and papers for my 1978 Datejust, along with the brochure that my mother picked up the day she and my dad first looked at watches.

Nothing to do with value, and certainly not to deceive someone. Sometimes the answer is simply because I want it. I can't wear my watches at the same time, so the rep daytona may as well sit in a rep box. Better than the wooden necklace box that it currently resides in.

I get that. We all have our own OCDs :) I 100% understand when we are talking gen watches, I too save my boxes ect to have the full set. But with a rep there’s just some alarm bells going off when people are seeking box and papers :)

The rep boxes you can buy are pure crap and very obvious fakes . My suggestion would be to get a nice watch box or watch roll instead, also a great idea when you gift a rep, and something that’s useable daily :)

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
What's wrong with Noob hands? Are they so bad to spend $500 on gen hands?

No and yes :)

No they are not horrible, but they just don’t have the same shimmer and shine as gen. And they are cut very flat, with no curvature on the sides.

If I see a picture of a noob rep, the hands is one of my easy top 3 tells :)

But as always stated, it depends on how far you wanna take it.

imo there is a must have list and a nice to have list.

must: change crystal gasket, change dial to ARF, change clasp to ARF.

nice: change hands to gen, bezel to CF, full bracelet to ARF (if the end links are a good fit.

I would never spend money on gen dial or bezel. The price vs reward just dose not do it for me, the prices are still ridiculous high for 116500 parts. (Unlike a 116520 build, where are would absolutely change the dial to gen.)

Luvwatch

21/8/14
No and yes :)

No they are not horrible, but they just don’t have the same shimmer and shine as gen. And they are cut very flat, with no curvature on the sides.

If I see a picture of a noob rep, the hands is one of my easy top 3 tells :)

But as always stated, it depends on how far you wanna take it.

imo there is a must have list and a nice to have list.

must: change crystal gasket, change dial to ARF, change clasp to ARF.

nice: change hands to gen, bezel to CF, full bracelet to ARF (if the end links are a good fit.

I would never spend money on gen dial or bezel. The price vs reward just dose not do it for me, the prices are still ridiculous high for 116500 parts. (Unlike a 116520 build, where are would absolutely change the dial to gen.)

You have exactly described my build with must and nice to have things.

Now I have purchased all the parts needed.

Reactions: 2841