• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
We have to give a lot of credit to both Noob and ARF.
10 years ago the rep game was totally different. The best reps in those times where the Pams (111, 104, 183, etc).
Rolex where good but light years away from what we got now. The ceramic inserts, pearls, dial printing, sels, bracelets and clasps, are getting to the point we literally need macro shots to compare with gens, and we’re taking about very very small details.
Reps are getting more expensive but also much much better.
The Noob and ARF Daytona are so good that it gets to the point of choosing a bolder or finer dial print and color tones that most likely no one will ever notice.
I wear my reps for my own satisfaction and I prefer the most gen like in order to wear it in confort so, in this case, for me mixing the best of Noob and ARF with a gen crystal is as good as it gets.
Maybe around the corner it could be impossible to tell ref from gen, at this pace, it wouldn’t surprise me it happens in 5 years.

Nuff said mate

Luvwatch

21/8/14
I ordered both noob white and arf white dials but idk i like my black dial a lot and i dont know should i even change that dial

Your dial looks spot on mate. I wouldn’t change it for the white.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Your dial looks spot on mate. I wouldn’t change it for the white.

Thanks bro...i must see in person side by side with gen..one my well known person (i cant call him friend) i told him to call me when he will wear his gen black daytona 116500 so i can compare and picture (he have a lot of gen rolexes)
so waiting that comparison and i will post pictures as soon as i shot it

Reactions: Luvwatch

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Thanks bro...i must see in person side by side with gen..one my well known person (i cant call him friend) i told him to call me when he will wear his gen black daytona 116500 so i can compare and picture (he have a lot of gen rolexes)
so waiting that comparison and i will post pictures as soon as i shot it

Mate, that would be awesome!!
Having that Noob V4 black dial vs gen comparison is exactly what I’d love to see.
Good luck with that.

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20
I understand all this great passion that especially here is towards the Arf dial. I share this passion with you, the Arf dial is simply perfect.

However, I want to have a more pragmatic approach and I ask you and me this paradoxical question:

if one of us, after years of waiting from booking, is lucky enough to receive from the official Rolex boutique a nice Daytona with a "bold style" dial like that to the left of this pic, then what does he do?
Order an "old style" gen dial from the dealer and mount it on his brand new Daytona?

I think not and he will surely keep the watch as it was the one he received. I certainly would not do it and it is for this reason that although I appreciate it very much, I will not look for an Arf dial and will keep my "bold style" one.

Also because, looking at this pic, I find it very very gen like...

ZAtJTJ.png

Hello Guys,

I just received my NOOB V4 and I took a picture in the same angle as @ettorefranco but I feel like the text on my dial is not as BOLD as other NOOB V4 pictures posted on this thread. I actually really like it but it just feels weird that every batch of NOOB V4 is different.

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20
More pictures of my Noob V4 that I received today. I took pictures in different angles and different lighting.
Any criticism, comments or complements are welcomed. ????

0901a5c00ebb9088f0a5acd2e02b83ee.jpg

ce27cd9d69ef95807c8e4dbfca07c7b1.jpg

ce2f48b5e72645d8e46a9f7cd05d7edd.jpg

0f20b04fa466715d138dd8ec69ee6469.jpg

ad2ee0c2a1b10c217d9f3d5b681a1675.jpg

b68f036d5dd61717b1788980f88df439.jpg

85c46c46103da0dd9b38f0d4fe490800.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
More pictures of my Noob V4 that I received today. I took pictures in different angles and different lighting.

The one left is a 25,000 bucks gen, yours looks even better. Have you paid 25,000 bucks for your Noob V4? :D

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville

This is one of the nicest V4 example that has been shared so far!

Last edited:

uberkoen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/20

The SEL's on the noob continue to be horrible. The dial looks amazing.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
I just received my NOOB V4 and I took a picture in the same angle as @ettorefranco but I feel like the text on my dial is not as BOLD as other NOOB V4 pictures posted on this thread. I actually really like it but it just feels weird that every batch of NOOB V4 is different.[/QUOTE

I think however it depends a lot on the lighting conditions, the quality of the camera and the resolution, In this bad pic mine looks more like yours

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20
I just received my NOOB V4 and I took a picture in the same angle as @ettorefranco but I feel like the text on my dial is not as BOLD as other NOOB V4 pictures posted on this thread. I actually really like it but it just feels weird that every batch of NOOB V4 is different.[/QUOTE

I think however it depends a lot on the lighting conditions, the quality of the camera and the resolution, In this bad pic mine looks more like yours

No no don’t even try mine is the latest batch of Noob which is much better than yours and looks more GEN. It’s for sale, I will let it go for $3,000 if you want it. ????????????

Hahahaha . .

Jokes aside, yes I agree with you. The lighting and camera make a big difference.

I personally don’t care much about these small details because no one will come with a microscope and check if it’s the same as GEN or not, also Rolex is changing their dials with time.
As long as it looks GEN from one meter distance On the wrist, I am very happy with it.

Your watch is nice! Enjoy it brother.