• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
I understand all this great passion that especially here is towards the Arf dial. I share this passion with you, the Arf dial is simply perfect.

However, I want to have a more pragmatic approach and I ask you and me this paradoxical question:

if one of us, after years of waiting from booking, is lucky enough to receive from the official Rolex boutique a nice Daytona with a "bold style" dial like that to the left of this pic, then what does he do?
Order an "old style" gen dial from the dealer and mount it on his brand new Daytona?

I think not and he will surely keep the watch as it was the one he received. I certainly would not do it and it is for this reason that although I appreciate it very much, I will not look for an Arf dial and will keep my "bold style" one.

Also because, looking at this pic, I find it very very gen like...

ZAtJTJ.png

I can´t see a difference. However, I would have said right looks better. lol.

Reactions: ettorefranco

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Buddy.... You can keep coming up with the same nonsense statements all day long, it's not gonna change the fact that the text on the v4 looks like shit! Its fat, the text bleeds, there is no crisp precise lines, the O in ROLEX looks like a donut ect.

I suspect you haven't seen a Gen and a ARF in real life. If you had, you would understand that there is absolutely no comparison! The ARF dial like Mark1937 posted above, blows the Noob dial away, by far, on EVERYTHING! from text, to Daytona color and placement, to crispness, to the lush of the indicators and the 3D effect on the crown ect.

I understand that you bought a V4, and i understand that you are very happy with it. I also understand that its human nature to try and justify that you made the correct/best choice. But besides from that, you are talking out your ass, based on different resolution/size/lighting photos you found on the internet.... Just let it go and be happy with your watch, you don't need strangers approval to enjoy it!

Although you did not behave exactly like a gentleman towards me, I will gladly answer you.

I guess the real reason we don't get along, at least here, is that you go beyond my words by imagining what I think and take it for granted.

Contrary to what you suspect I have very often seen gen Daytona, I myself have owned one gen 116520 black dial which unfortunately they have stolen from me.
So, despite having owned one and having seen several, I certainly have never observed them as morbidly as it is done in a watch forum. I own several gen watches including three Rolex, two Audemars Piguet Royal Oak, one Panerai submersible, one Tudor Big Block, four Cartier and many others, but if you ask me to describe a detail of one of these, well, I don't know how to answer you.

This is a new thing for me, it's like a game and I never bothered to go through all the details that are discussed here before. I also think that discussing these things animatedly is quite useless because we are talking about objects that are very small in themselves and in real life the "O" of Rolex is absolutely invisible, at least for me and for many other people.

But I must say that I participate in this game especially for fun and when I read comments that are too biased or contradictory or even out of place, then I like to argue and tease my interlocutor, without malice of course, but only for the pleasure of the controversy and I must say you have bite very well. :)

So mate, and I tell you with the best of intentions, don't go beyond my words because my true intentions are playful and the Noob I just bought is part of the game.

Without hard feelings...

Reactions: RiffRalf

Hunvaakaren

12/6/13
Looks pretty pretty good mate. Congrats.

I’m totally in the fence, I’m placing the order to mix a Noob V4 with ARF dial, CF bezel and gen crystal but I’m still undecided if to go Black V4 or white ARF V2.
I have the rest of the day to decide before placing the order.

Where is it possible to order mixed watch?

Looking for noob with arf V2 Dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luvwatch

21/8/14

It’s very easy to order a mixed watch.
You just ask any of the members here to send you a custom made watch with any parts you choose.
An ROO Audemars Piguet dial in a Rolex datejust case and IWC straps if the finest sheep leather for example.
You can even impose any price you choose.
That’s how it works.

Seriously, come on man, at least read the forum!

Reactions: Therion666

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

It's not possible the way you mean it. At best you can ask your TD to get a noob and install a CF bezel on it. But if you want an ARF dial or gen parts you're going to have to source them yourself and send all parts to a modder. BTW ARF doesn't sell their dial alone so you'll have to source the whole watch and resell the leftover.

Alternative is to buy a watch that has already been mixed here on m2m if you find one

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
I have my Noob V4 coming very soon, seems to be stuck in some mail facility close-by... Below is a QC pic of the watch I accepted

Two questions (with sub-questions LOL):
1. One of my TDs says he can seel me an ARF dial. Should I just let him sell me anything?
a. Can I install it with no mods? I thought ARFs were 7750 based.
b. Do I need to specify anything, or just tell him as white as possible?​
2. I asked him also about an ARF bracelet... He came back saying it might not fit the Noob case...
a. Is this true?
b. How could that be??!!​

I'll post photos when it arrives, but in the meantime, all I have is this:

Voodoojar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/9/15
lbrzK45_d.jpg
I changed the crystal gasket on mine with one from esslinger $13.95 and makes the v4 look so much better. I removes the white ring around the crystal which is a super obvious tell.

Reactions: JohnnyDangerous

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
I have my Noob V4 coming very soon, seems to be stuck in some mail facility close-by... Below is a QC pic of the watch I accepted

1. One of my TDs says he can seel me an ARF dial. Should I just let him sell me anything?

2. I asked him also about an ARF bracelet... He came back saying it might not fit the Noob case...
a. Is this true?

ZAXvrJ.jpg

If you can get an ARF dial by your TD go for it. You can compare it with the Noob and decide if swapping is necessary for you. You can sell the ARF dial very quickly here in the Sales Section if you will not like it, without making any financial loss.

The ARF dial needs modding (needs to be shaved on a lathe for about 1 mm). If you are not a skilled person, knowing your way around watches (especially the 4130) I would not do it myself. A modder takes about 100 to 150 Euros/Dollars for it.

The ARF braclet fits the Noob case in general. How good the fit is can no one tell before you have installed it. However the ARF bracelet is a tiny bit narrower at the SELs, so you might have very small SEL gaps. I would suggest the same as with the dial: Buy the ARF bracelet, test it out and if you do not like it sell it here without a big loss. People search for this bracelets.

Even if you do not like the fit of the bracelet you can switch the clasps. From my experience ARF clasps are better finished than Noobs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20

a. Is this true?

In my opinion your watch looks really good. Whatever mod you make they will be so minor you won’t be able to see that big of a difference. Why spend more on shaving the dial or buying a bracelet that might not fit well.
Better font, bold or not.
At the end of the day whatever you do it will always be rep with flaws. Most Gen watches look different if you dig into the details.
Again your QC pics are nice. Enjoy the watch brother.