• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
The thin writing is “outdated, ancient”??? I can’t help but laugh at this... the “thin” writing is nothing but clean and precise. Sorry to say but Rolex’s website showcases all Daytona’s with the “ancient”, thin text. And here’s a gen Daytona from February 2020 as reference:

Sure! there are those who still go around with low-rise jeans and are proud of it, I like to keep up with the times.:)

Many posts back in this thread I was attacked by more than someone because I brought the dial published on the official Rolex website as a reference, they told me that dial was WRONG and also the Rolex website. I investigated it and those people were right, the Rolex site publishes a dial of 116520 in the 116500 section. Check it out and you'll see that it's true.

It is useless to tell you that a February 2020 Daytona could still be of the old production.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Sure! there are those who still go around with low-rise jeans and are proud of it, I like to keep up with the times.:)

Many posts back in this thread I was attacked by more than someone because I brought the dial published on the official Rolex website as a reference, they told me that dial was WRONG and also the Rolex website. I investigated it and those people were right, the Rolex site publishes a dial of 116520 in the 116500 section. Check it out and you'll see that it's true.

It is useless to tell you that a February 2020 Daytona could still be of the old production.

Do you have a picture of a gen with bold style text?

shotgun

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
504b8149db01c5f9b45d525b81d105e8.plist

My noob(case reshape)whit V2 Arf dial correct subdial,genuine hands and Arf V2 bezel paint mode!!
Dial have Milk color...

timavo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/1/20
Good morning everyone. My QCs of a Noob v4 arrived and I'm not sure if this is a v4. The bezels seems to be okay, but the subdials look too thin to me and I can't see the CP hole of the v4...? Could you please help me figuring out if this is a v4 and if the subdials are too thin?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Oh wow. I ordered a Noob v3 116519 on Oyster, and the text has been made more bold on the dial. I thought they did the whole one step forward one step back thing and intentionally messed up the dial. Maybe it's more accurate after all...

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Here are the pics I have already posted. In the second pic I am comparing the gen with my V4 qc

Those two dials are very far apart. The gen is out of focus, that’s why it looks fat. That noob dial is just not good.

but at the end of the day, it’s not important what we think. If you like the dial, you shouldn’t worry about it :)

Bobi01

2/2/19
Oh wow. I ordered a Noob v3 116519 on Oyster, and the text has been made more bold on the dial. I thought they did the whole one step forward one step back thing and intentionally messed up the dial. Maybe it's more accurate after all...

I watch every day videos of gens and it really depends..have many of them older than 2020 like 2018 and have bolder text..also you have 2020 with thinner text..many gens have thinner and bolder text... only thing i cant find is few white dials together with different hue like creamy and frost together side by side..we have only one picture in net that have two gens side by side one with creamy and one pure white and thats the only one picture,but also i think that gens have many variations either with different text and different hue of white color
I like more pure white with bolder text than the creamy one with thinner text..but thats me

Reactions: saucin

Bobi01

2/2/19
Those two dials are very far apart. The gen is out of focus, that’s why it looks fat. That noob dial is just not good.

but at the end of the day, it’s not important what we think. If you like the dial, you shouldn’t worry about it :)

Here isnt out if focus bro..
pure white and bold text

Also found one guy on instagram it is older than the 2020 and also bold text

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi

I'm not worried at all bro, the Noob dial is blurry too. Only Li manages to make nice pics :)

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I give up :)

I understand that you guys wanna justify your purchase, and that you wanna convince yourself that the Noob looks like gen. It’s not really my problem, I’m just trying to help.

If you one day get to compare it to a gen in real life, you will understand what I’m trying to say :)

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi

I understand that you guys wanna justify your purchase, and that you wanna convince yourself that the Noob looks like gen. It’s not really my problem, I’m just trying to help.

If you one day get to compare it to a gen in real life, you will understand what I’m trying to say :)

I don't have to justify anything.
Currently the Noob V4 is this. I could do as many do, buy an Arf dial and put it in my Noob. I don't see where the problem is.
In my opinion bold writing is better than thin because I find it more modern, it's so simple ...
But perhaps questioning the Arf dial makes those who have bought it at a high price jump out of their seats. :hehehe:

timavo

21/1/20
Good morning everyone. My QCs of a Noob v4 arrived and I'm not sure if this is a v4. The bezels seems to be okay, but the subdials look too thin to me and I can't see the CP hole of the v4...? Could you please help me figuring out if this is a v4 and if the subdials are too thin?

Any ideas???

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

This happens over and over, each time a new version is released...

1- First people ask, what has changed.
2- Then, how close is it to a Gen now?
3- The changes are then detailed and they are usually minor.
4- Then they ask, how does the Dial and Quality compare to an ARF.
5- Please review my QC pictures as I can't see any difference is next.
6- Many pictures of varying quality and lighting are posted and compared.
6- Then people who purchased and receive the new version will say it is good enough "on the wrist".
7- In the end, those who have compared a Noob to a Gen or an ARF, side by side, in person continue to say that there is a difference that you can easily see.

Please don't argue that this version is better than an ARF, or really so close to a Gen, until you compare them side by side, in person. All the pictures are great tools, but they just vary too much in quality and lighting.

Many people have Noob Daytonas and they are very, very happy with them.
It is a small watch, and the small details are difficult to see on the wrist.

If you come here just looking for a really nice watch out of the box, then you will be happy.

If you want the closest to a Gen, then you will likely have to combine Noob, ARF, CF, and/or Gen parts... or wait for the next version.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

6- Then people who purchased and receive the new version will say it is good enough "on the wrist".
7- In the end, those who have compared a Noob to a Gen or an ARF, side by side, in person continue to say that there is a difference that you can easily see.

Please don't argue that this version is better than an ARF, or really so close to a Gen, until you compare them side by side, in person. All the pictures are great tools, but they just vary too much in quality and lighting.

If you come here just looking for a really nice watch out of the box, then you will be happy.

If you want the closest to a Gen, then you will likely have to combine Noob, ARF, CF, and/or Gen parts... or wait for the next version.

I totally agree :) Last time there were people trying to justify the horrible skinny v3 subdials :)

Judging something online is very different to holding it in your hand, and that is apparently difficult for some people to understand.

I know that you spend a lot of time trying to help out Daytona hungry people, i myself found that very useful when i was new here :)

People can use my knowledge /advise if they want, or make up there own mind, at the end of the day, its not that important to me, i'm just trying to help out

uberkoen

11/10/20

Are you able to help identify which parts should be used from which factory to get it closest to gen? I mean it's understood that one should use a CF bezel, ARF bracelet but what about the black dial should it be arf or noobv4?

Bobi01

2/2/19
I totally agree :) Last time there were people trying to justify the horrible skinny v3 subdials :)

Judging something online is very different to holding it in your hand, and that is apparently difficult for some people to understand.

I know that you spend a lot of time trying to help out Daytona hungry people, i myself found that very useful when i was new here :)

People can use my knowledge /advise if they want, or make up there own mind, at the end of the day, its not that important to me, i'm just trying to help out

Bro dont get me wrong and i understand what you are saying and i saw many gens and also compared mine with gen panda... i understand that arf dial have better finnish and better shape text but also have some other flaws compared to gen,also im saying that noob v4 dial copying panda dial with bold text very well..
you are telling that gen doesnt have with bold text but this video show it very well
Only thing we dont know is did noob updsted their hour indexes we still dont have zoomed comparison

I dont like creamy arf color and dont like noob text shape,but bold text on gens exist with white cold color as noob

Bobi01

2/2/19
Manny will think now what a idiot i am lol
but here is one more gen vs arf comparison
Z2JmR2.png
Z2JiBt.jpg

Arf is more yellow one

And also a link to video
He spoted creamy dial
https://youtu.be/ZBq0c73uh6g

Last edited: