• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

isoltech

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/20
EU
This one really looks like a Noob v4 dial. If real gen it would be a great news. This boldness is exactly the wrist feeling i have when looking at the 5 lines on my Noob v4

Luvwatch

21/8/14
For me it's not only the boldness of the text, it's also the quality.

You have to see the Daytona dial in real life, It's hard to explain, but even in the pictures you posted here, the font is slightly bolder, but it still looks crisp, precise and uniform. That goes for everything on the gen dial. Text, numbers and Daytona text.

Thats what i like about (SOME) of the ARF dials. They have pretty much the same level of quality and crispness to them. Where as many of the v4 Noob dials looks like a retarded kid with a crayon wrote the text.

I get 100% what your saying mate.
I’ve never hold a ceramic Daytona in my hands but I do have other Rolex gens with ceramic bezels and the texts in the dials are PERFECT and have a subtle 3D effect.

I saw that in the Noob V3 text in the black dial. I’m not sure if it’s there in V4 as in Puretime’s video, the black and white appear with flat texts, but in Intime’s photos it seems to have that effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Under magnification or on the wrist?

Under magnification, easy

On the wrist, well, you need it right in front of your face, and you can tell something is off, if you know what to look for :)

Don't worry, no one's gonna call you out in the supermarket :) This is a very small watch on the wrist.

Guys, it's real easy! No one on the street is gonna see the difference between the ARF or the noob v2.2/v4 on the street. You should do these mods for yourself, so that YOU feel satisfied!

If you wanna use them to be a baller on the gram, well you are probably gonna get called out if you post magnified shots of these watches :) Under magnification and a good quality photo, there is not a single one of these dials that doesn't have a tell. That goes for both ARF and Noob, all version, some are harder than other, but they all have easy to spot flaws.

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
....for all this reason...and what was written till now.....my 116500 will switch with a 116519 v3 dial....yet ordered and flying to me with a new white v4

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Found this video of gen and for sure thst some gens have bold text...also the link of video..noob definetly copied this thing
https://youtu.be/Zpwu7laQIqc

Absolutely! Noob has updated the dial and imitated that of the genuine 2020 116500. You may like this dial or not but it is. For those who have bought or will buy the V4 it is good news because it will have a more gen like rep. Currently it is more gen like Noob than Arf and regarding the quality if Noob has a lower quality than a gen, even Arf is not comparable to a gen regarding the quality. The important thing for me is that the Noob dial is not as wrong as one could understand by reading the many negative comments on this thread.

Reactions: Bobi01 and Luvwatch

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
On the left, is my QC pic of my V4 from Li (This is one of the best examples i've seen of the new v4 dial)

On the right is a brand spanking new 2020 Gen Daytona (with "FAT" font)

It's not super bad, but it lacks a lot of the crispness on the Gen dial, and the ARF.

No matter how you put it, i would pick the ARF dial (With correct subdials) over a Noob dial any day of the week!

And remember, my Noob dial is a really really good examples, we have seen some BAD qc pics here :)

Reactions: Therion666

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
On the left, is my QC pic of my V4 from Li (This is one of the best examples i've seen of the new v4 dial)

On the right is a brand spanking new 2020 Gen Daytona (with "FAT" font)

It's not super bad, but it lacks a lot of the crispness on the Gen dial, and the ARF.

No matter how you put it, i would pick the ARF dial (With correct subdials) over a Noob dial any day of the week!

And remember, my Noob dial is a really really good examples, we have seen some BAD qc pics here :)

BAD QS pics does not mean BAD dials. The dials are all the same. Li has a well-equipped studio for taking pictures, other TDs don't. Each of us will do what he thinks best for himself. As for me, I have no intention of getting bored looking for other dials, watchsmiths, modders, etc. If you want to put an Arf dial, I'm happy for you and if you want to show us the result by posting the photos of your mod Daytona, I'll be among the first to congratulate you on your "outdated" dial. :)

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
BAD QS pics does not mean BAD dials. The dials are all the same. Li has a well-equipped studio for taking pictures, other TDs don't. Each of us will do what he thinks best for himself. As for me, I have no intention of getting bored looking for other dials, watchsmiths, modders, etc. If you want to put an Arf dial, I'm happy for you and if you want to show us the result by posting the photos of your mod Daytona, I'll be among the first to congratulate you on your "outdated" dial. :)

The dials are not all the same... :) There has been a couple of well lit QC pics here, where no amount of "well-equipped studio light", praying to jebus, or any other form of vodoo is gonna fix it. There are just a horrible batch.

But i agree, we do these mods for ourself. If you think the dial is awesome OOTB, well it makes your life a lot easier :)

I have to much free time, and i enjoy this "light" modding stuff, and since i use a couple of reps in rotation with my gens, i want something that look awesome to me. A stock noob just doesn't do that for me. Dial, crystal gasket and bezel is just not good... But hey, that's just my humble opinion :)

Reactions: ettorefranco

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Noob white does not have the same shade as GEN white. Noob is whiter ice cold than the gen. Some ARF V2 (fat counters) are very close to white gen, they are very few.
The rest of ARF dials are more milky white.
That's mine, I was lucky

Noob watch + ARF V2 dial/bracelet (Noob sel) + CF bezel.
Now I have gen crystal gasket too :)

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Noob white does not have the same shade as GEN white. Noob is whiter ice cold than the gen. Some ARF V2 (fat counters) are very close to white gen, they are very few.
That's mine, I was lucky

your Daytona is gorgeous! And the dial is impressive in its beauty. However, I must tell you, I am getting used to the idea of a bolder writing for the dial. In my opinion the current bold writing of the 2020 gen has a more modern and current look. the Arf dial is really good and I like it a lot but I find that the thin line of the writing is a bit outdated, ancient. I think Rolex updated the dial recently to give the Daytona a new, more dynamic look.

Reactions: Bobi01

Bobi01

2/2/19
your Daytona is gorgeous! And the dial is impressive in its beauty. However, I must tell you, I am getting used to the idea of a bolder writing for the dial. In my opinion the current bold writing of the 2020 gen has a more modern and current look. the Arf dial is really good and I like it a lot but I find that the thin line of the writing is a bit outdated, ancient. I think Rolex updated the dial recently to give the Daytona a new, more dynamic look.

I like more bolder look too i must agree,we just need confirmation that it is new dial from rolex

Reactions: ettorefranco

Luvwatch

21/8/14
That's mine, I was lucky

Absolutely beautiful watch mate. Congrats.

Same light mods I’m going for. I’ll buy the NoobV4 black dial and a ARF V2 white dial to see how my luck goes. Then I’ll decide between the two.

I like the black a bit more, but if I get a White ARF like yours, it’s a no brainer.

xob007

Looking Around
9/8/13
Hi do I need to change a gen Chrono wheel to fit a gen hands on Daytona? And also a gen Chrono hands (small 3 hands) talking about sa4130 here noob v1

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
That's mine, I was lucky

This is literally a perfect example of a rep dial. If anyone says that the noob even comes close to this one, they are delusional :)

Luvwatch

21/8/14
This is literally a perfect example of a rep dial. If anyone says that the noob even comes close to this one, they are delusional :)

Absolutely perfect!
I hope to get a dial like that

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20

The thin writing is “outdated, ancient”??? I can’t help but laugh at this... the “thin” writing is nothing but clean and precise. Sorry to say but Rolex’s website showcases all Daytona’s with the “ancient”, thin text. And here’s a gen Daytona from February 2020 as reference:
903f02a4a7d08a593b05ecde6ed9676c.plist

If you enjoy the bolder font as a personal preference, that’s great. To each his own. Rock it and wear it proud. I wouldn’t go as far as calling the text seen in the above photo “outdated” or “ancient” lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2841 and James2020

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
504b8149db01c5f9b45d525b81d105e8.plist

My noob(case reshape)whit V2 Arf dial correct subdial,genuine hands and Arf V2 bezel paint mode!!
Dial have Milk color...

Reactions: MadWatcher