• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
They are easy to spot, especially at wrist distance. The macro shot of the Noob v4 5 lines is looking fine, but the issue is in real life on the wrist: the fat wording is evident also at untrained eyes

Really? Man, I got to stay away from you.

Reactions: Pietros

J84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/20
They are easy to spot, especially at wrist distance. The macro shot of the Noob v4 5 lines is looking fine, but the issue is in real life on the wrist: the fat wording is evident also at untrained eyes

Thanks.

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Hey guys, quick question. I’ve done searching through here and came to the conclusion that the Arf is better piece for white dial and black dial is better for noob.

I know overall quality of the arf is superior to that of the noob. I haven’t been able to find good enough resolution pictures of the black noob V4 to compare to gen, but what does everybody think about the font of the noob v4 black? Quality is easily noticeable on the white but not so much on black.

I’m with you there mate. Same conclusion.
ARF V2 in white and Noob V3 and V4 in black

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Noobguy

Luvwatch

21/8/14
After reading a lot throughout the forum. Everyone is saying that the bezel of the CF is the best so far. I have the Noob V3 and just ordered V4.

Is it worth it to purchase the CF bezel and replace the V4.
Jtime quoted me $158 for the CF bezel plus $55 shipping. My total cost will be $213 for the CF bezel. Then I have to find a watchmaker to replace the bezel for me.

Is it worth it guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, do you really need to use the same exact pic I’m using in my profile since 2014 considering you can choose form millions of options?

Luvwatch

21/8/14
The black dial Noob V3 seems to have the 3D effect and red tone more similar to gen than the V4 and the ARF V2.

The flat texts and red tone in Daytona seems to me one of the important flaws in the V4 and ARF V2.

What’s your take on that?

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I’m with you there mate. Same conclusion.
ARF V2 in white and Noob V3 and V4 in black

+ 1
White: ARF V2 dial in Noob watch
Black: Noob V3 (first batch) or V4

Reactions: Luvwatch

uberkoen

11/10/20
Hi guys,

Looking for some help here. Can someone recommend who can build/mod a Daytona for me? I'm looking for the black ceramic bezel version 116500. I'm thinking of going with a Noob v4 base and upgraded with a clean factory bezel v2, Arf Dial and Arf bracelet and Prof Xtal.

Also, I've heard the movement on the reps is rather unreliable, is this true? Would like to hear some opinions on this because if that's the case and it's too expensive/difficult to replace it or repair it just ends up becoming an expensive paperweight.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Hi guys,

Looking for some help here. Can someone recommend who can build/mod a Daytona for me? I'm looking for the black ceramic bezel version 116500. I'm thinking of going with a Noob v4 base and upgraded with a clean factory bezel v2, Arf Dial and Arf bracelet and Prof Xtal.

Also, I've heard the movement on the reps is rather unreliable, is this true? Would like to hear some opinions on this because if that's the case and it's too expensive/difficult to replace it or repair it just ends up becoming an expensive paperweight.

Do you want to buy V4 black and change dial???????

uberkoen

11/10/20
You have a lot of reading to do !

Yeah, just read that Noob does a better black dial and Arf is better on the white. So, I'll keep the noob black dial but the CF Bezel, Arf Bracelet and Prof Xtal would still be an upgrade on the noobv4 and still something I'd want done. So still looking for recommendations on who I could help with this.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
I am more and more confused! I found this 116500 gen for sale on the web, then I compared it with the pic of my 116500 QC and to my surprise I find that the "bold" writing of the two dials are almost the same... and I am clearly very happy with this. The vendor says it's a 2020 Daytona ... But how many dials has Rolex changed over the years? What do you think about this thing, I can't understand...

Z2PU6n.png
Z2PWv3.png

Last edited: