• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
So, I’m sure you know the gen is platinum so the weight is way off and an obvious instant tell.

The other concern is the subdials don’t have their own individual sunburst within their particular dial which is another tell.

Other than that the flaws are similar to what’s already been discussed with the 116500’s (font on dial and bezel etc).

Also, there’s a thread dedicated to the discussion on this watch (116506).

Yes, won't worry about the platinum. I've got a couple nice pics of the real thing on my arm. I tried it on when I was in for service for my gen Datejust. Can you elaborate on the "subdials don’t have their own individual sunburst"? I'm trying to look at gen pics, and not sure what I'm looking for here.

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16
Yes, won't worry about the platinum. I've got a couple nice pics of the real thing on my arm. I tried it on when I was in for service for my gen Datejust. Can you elaborate on the "subdials don’t have their own individual sunburst"? I'm trying to look at gen pics, and not sure what I'm looking for here.

It’s discussed on this thread along with the other flaws. Go on and have a look at pictures of the gen and pay particular attention to the subdials. You will see the individual sunburst within the subdials, this isn’t reflected on the rep.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...as/9320252-sunburst-on-noob-daytona-sub-dials

Last edited:

marcoxxxx84

17/4/17
V4 is amazing. Saw a friend of mine who has it. Believe me even the white gasket of the crystal is not so visible
what really bother me is the 5 lines which are too bold compared to gen

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
V4 white dial replicate subdials very very nice so those smudges that you are seeing on qc pics and under studio light is identical to gen..v3 and before didnt have sudbials shine like that

Reactions: shotgun

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
I think V4 is great watch!!!
Buy black version,and this is good rep!
Love pinion on the hands,3D crown on the dial and update bezel,In my opinion is nice watch!
Reshape case lug and you have a best Daytona rep!

Bobi01

2/2/19
I think V4 is great watch!!!
Buy black version,and this is good rep!
Love pinion on the hands,3D crown on the dial and update bezel,In my opinion is nice watch!
Reshape case lug and you have a best Daytona rep!

Black? Black have too shiny subdials bro..white is closer to gen

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
Black? Black have too shiny subdials bro..white is closer to gen

Yes is not perfect...but is good for me,this is a rep,I have gen 116500(White)and white V4 is not perfect,trust me,but is good...for only 700€ is a dream for me,gen now is over 20K... we wear our reps,without analyzing them with the lens...:)

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
a0b2453a6593dc4b5e236e9215e78957.jpg

My gen 116500 (right) VS noob (Dial and bezel ARF)
Noob V4 white is very nice rep,but is not perfect,I think Arf V2 white is best dial in the market rep(build one now ;-).
But repeat for 700€ is perfect!ten years ago this Daytona it was a dream!

Bobi01

2/2/19
a0b2453a6593dc4b5e236e9215e78957.jpg

My gen 116500 (right) VS noob (Dial and bezel ARF)
Noob V4 white is very nice rep,but is not perfect,I think Arf V2 white is best dial in the market rep(build one now ;-).
But repeat for 700€ is perfect!ten years ago this Daytona it was a dream!

my v3 vs gen panda..no one who is not from forum cant distinguish which is gen

Reactions: saucin and shotgun

thinker1

26/11/17

Massive difference of CGs. You can see Gen CGs are quite a bit beefier amongst other things. But others only obvious if you know what to look for....

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi

I went with the new V4 Panda and it is on the way, I hope that the big font issue on the wrist is not as noticeable as it appears in the enlarged pics. Also, not all the pics posted do the fonts look that big. Very strange...

popi2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/20
in my opinion V4 black is better than white dial...

how much i would like a gen vs v4 black comparison! :(

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
in my opinion V4 black is better than white dial...

how much i would like a gen vs v4 black comparison! :(

I own several watches with black dials. Let's say that I wanted to make a bet, if I just can't accept the flaws of the white dial, I would try to buy a black one, even if black dial + black bezel is not the best in my opinion.

Last edited:

popi2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/20
I own several watches with black dials. Let's say that I wanted to make a bet, if I just can't accept the flaws of the white dial, I would try to buy a black one, even if black dial + black bezel is not the best in my opinion.

as a combination I agree, but I believe that the "defects" are seen less on a black dial than on a white one with beautiful black lettering in prominence ....

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
as a combination I agree, but I believe that the "defects" are seen less on a black dial than on a white one with beautiful black lettering in prominence ....

Agreed. The paragraph looks OK on the black dial version.

Bobi01

2/2/19
Yup..on white print is more visible and on black dial subdials are more visible..

Reactions: Therion666

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Here is my approved QC pic.

im using this for a ARF dial build, so don’t really care about the dial, but it does not look to bad. Same as the v2.2

SELs looks amazing, both from and back. I gotta check the quality feel and weight to see if I need to change it out with a ARF bracelet

Reactions: Therion666

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
J Time offers very good pic in its QCs! However, if my V4 were to arrive with this aspect, I would be very satisfied and would not feel any need to change the dial.