• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
The problem right now is that is almost impossible to find a white ARF dial with correct subdial size. Trust me, ive been on the hunt for a while! I finally found one on m2m the other day.

The batches ARF are doing at the moment are not correct. I've had 3 different TD´s to look for ARF dials/watches for me :)

Situation atm is:

WHITE Noob V2.2. and V4 = good correct subdials, but shitty 5 lines of text

WHITE ARF V2 (Up to 4 different variations) recent batch = Subdials not correct, but really good on the 5 lines of text

So if you want the perfect white sub, you gotta hunt down one of the good ARF v2 dials, and do a dial swap, or just be happy with the current v4

How can you tell which version the ARF dial is? Is there any comparison photos available between V2 and current (whatever version you call it)?

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Patron
Certified
12/10/19
EU
I would reject if the TD cannot fix it. It's a very noticeable flaw and will bother you in real life. I can't believe someone said to accept it.

I agree.. I'd reject it too...

Reactions: RonP

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Exactly lol...only people like us spot the difference haha.. really overral amazing job noob

I’d not noticed the font thing before. Knowledge is power, and we’re getting to a point where these are specific tells not a whole number of them. To think people are paranoid about people noticing. The number of people who thought early poor fakes were “the same”

I almost thought the black was gen. too many reps are pointless going gen in stainless steel now, Despite the flaws (which are small on these clones)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobi01

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
How can you tell which version the ARF dial is? Is there any comparison photos available between V2 and current (whatever version you call it)?

They are all V2´s, but different batches.

Sadly no, i'll try and put something together.

And they way i can tell is a combination of Subdial size, sundial number placement in the ring and the type of font/size of th 5 lines of text

srhoque

28/11/18
My "V4" QC that I just received from Li this morning.

Take it before they screw up something else ;) Looks really good except for the usual Noob issues (color of Daytona, crispness of 5 line print, top shape of hand pinions, bottom curve of coronet etc.). Overall a very good Noob sample dial.

Is there any improvement to the Noob bezel in v4? Hard to figure out with so much light in QC pics. Curious if CF is still the way to go.

Reactions: James2020

srhoque

28/11/18
Nothing special,same like v3 and maybe with thinner subdials

I have been seeing some v4 black QCs earlier in this thread where the sub dials seem "skinny". Or maybe its my tired eyes ;)

Bobi01

2/2/19
Take it before they screw up something else ;) Looks really good except for the usual Noob issues (color of Daytona, crispness of 5 line print, top shape of hand pinions, bottom curve of coronet etc.). Overall a very good Noob sample dial.

Is there any improvement to the Noob bezel in v4? Hard to figure out with so much light in QC pics. Curious if CF is still the way to go.

Im also curious about v4 and cf,v4 is improoved and more white than v3 and looks very gen imo,idk what should i do order a v4 bezel or cf
V3 on left and v4 on right obvious difference

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Cf has a proven record of being better, so prob need a few months of someone wearing thier v4 to see if the bezel holds up by comparison.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Im also curious about v4 and cf,v4 is improoved and more white than v3 and looks very gen imo,idk what should i do order a v4 bezel or cf
V3 on left and v4 on right obvious difference

That may be an earlier v3 (no skinny subdials) my v3 ( just got the watch last month) my bezel looks like the v4 in that pic.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
This release is quite confusing. My TD claims that the watch shown to me in my QC pics is in fact a V4 and that it's just a matter of lighting. But how can lighting make the CP hole bigger and bezel engraving thinner and darker? I think I better go for the 116519,it's a much safer bet, even if it's still a "V3". So frustrating...

gpvecchi

4/7/12
You have been here 8 years, and still haven’t found the time to read the rules.... Good job

The rule says not to open a thread to ask for QC, but it's allowed to post into other threads.

Mathisbou155

Known Member
5/6/19
je viens de vendre ma v3, je vais commander une v4????

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16
The rule says not to open a thread to ask for QC, but it's allowed to post into other threads.

Only post if you have a specific concern, otherwise if you have GL’d your watch by all means post the QC pictures as a reference for people to enjoy.

Anyway, your watch looks good! Enjoy it! I’m waiting on one myself.

Reactions: gpvecchi