• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Luvwatch

21/8/14
I’ve been reading a lot in this post. Great info.
Seems like the V4 is the way to go, better movement, but I’m still undecided about the dial, I don’t know if the white or black version is most gen like.
For the printing and overall finish, seems the black one is a better option, the texts look sharper.

From the ARF, which is better, black or white?
Which one has a better crystal?

Maybe an option would be buying a V4 and an ARF just for the dial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
That's what I was thinking too. The majority on here seem to rate the Noob due to the 4130 movement clone, but doesn't it defeat the purpose if the advice is not to actually use the chrono? Then what's the point? Why just just get an ARF which has a better dial?

Actually I had two ARF Daytonas, both had to get da different rotor due to noise and bad winding. On the other hand I had/have 5 Noob Daytonas partly modded with gen parts and I do use the chrono function without problems.

Reactions: pistebasher

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I’ve been reading a lot in this post. Great info.
Seems like the V4 is the way to go, better movement, but I’m still undecided about the dial, I don’t know if the white or black version is most gen like.
For the printing and overall finish, seems the black one is a better option, the texts look sharper.

From the ARF, which is better, black or white?
Which one has a better crystal?

Maybe an option would be buying a V4 and an ARF just for the dial.

If you have cash, buy both and swap the parts.

If I buy one, I go for the noob black, I don't care of the shiny subdials

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
My QC pics, I need some help. I think there's some crap on subdials, I don't think those are reflections. Thoughts? SELs seem ok though.

0929-1.jpg

0929-2.jpg

0929-4.jpg

0929-8.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
My QC pics, I need some help. I think there's some crap on subdials, I don't think those are reflections. Thoughts? SELs seem ok though.

0929-1.jpg

0929-2.jpg

0929-4.jpg

0929-8.jpg

IMG-20201002-171315.jpg
At first I thought those weren't reflections but after looking at some of my own pics, I think they are.

Reflections should look uniform and even, and be similar on all subdials within the same pic.

20200918-201756.jpg

On yours, those lighter areas are in fact similar on all subdials within the same pic so that would indicate a light source as the cause. It's probably a strong, close studio type light that's causing that much washout in the black subdial ring.

Also, there are corresponding bands of light on both sides of the bezel that align with the subdial reflections. The studio lights are pretty much directly right and left of the framed pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

mistermagoo

9/8/17

Would many people accept that Daytona based on those sub-dials? Their quality is questionable.

Last edited:

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
KJ2020 Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. Unfortunately I can't get any more pics to be sure. I think these could in fact be reflections, but they look more like stains or dirt to me. I'm not sure, I've never seen such reflections before. I need to stare at those pics some more :)

Last edited:

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
KJ2020 Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. Unfortunately I can't get any more pics to be sure. I think these could in fact be reflections, but they look more like stains or dirt to me. I'm not sure, I've never seen such reflections before. I need to stare at those pics some more :)

If this is from a TD and those are stains...their TD status should be in question because that should’ve been denied from your dealer as soon as they received it from the factory. But I do agree with KJ2020 , I believe it’s reflections.

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Actually I had two ARF Daytonas, both had to get da different rotor due to noise and bad winding. On the other hand I had/have 5 Noob Daytonas partly modded with gen parts and I do use the chrono function without problems.

What gen parts did you mod the Noob with if you don't mind me asking?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

Not saying yours has, but I had one with crud in the subdials It’s really annoying in daylight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal

Ask the TD to look at the subdials and give his/her opinion.

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
If this is from a TD and those are stains...their TD status should be in question because that should’ve been denied from your dealer as soon as they received it from the factory. But I do agree with KJ2020 , I believe it’s reflections.

Also looks like reflections to me.

I also noticed that the 6 hour marker is slight askew, same as with my QC pics. Have a feeling that this is on all Noob v4 panda dials.

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
Im still waiting for a correct case, which is not "softened", the lugs look soft on the outer case which makes the watch look polished. There are basically no sharp outer edge on the case.... Same goes for the ARF DJ 41/36.

991_GT3

Looking Around
12/2/18
At a glance, my CF bezel does seem to show a bit better than this v4. But difficult to tell...

Reactions: gpvecchi

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Anyone know if the V4 is waterproofed?

I have a Noob DSSD for a good 5 years and is totally waterproofed. I’ve tested everywhere and zero problems.

Hope the V4 is as good