• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Jhiraldo

Horology Curious
22/9/20
Am asking about the quality of this new version vs old, isn't this the purpose of this forum to share new versions and get feedback on the quality?

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Am asking about the quality of this new version vs old, isn't this the purpose of this forum to share new versions and get feedback on the quality?

This thread is dedicated to Daytona’s..specially Noob’s version 4...you should post your question in the appropriate thread..or create a new one.

Reactions: Zenth

swink6112

Known Member
15/7/20
guys i just want to know if it's a v4 no more please

200929074724704683.jpg

200929074725714623.jpg

I think it is...
ZHAypi.png

Last edited:

gpvecchi

4/7/12
OK, so ARF dial yes and no; but what about ARF bracelet and CF bezel?
Did they correct the wrong balance bridge and gasket?

ManuelCalavera

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/19
haven't seen anyone talk about the movement in a while, has anyone had any long term issues with it breaking after engaging the chrono's?

James2020

1/6/20
haven't seen anyone talk about the movement in a while, has anyone had any long term issues with it breaking after engaging the chrono's?

I would recommend you don’t touch the chrono functions though it’s a fairly reliable mvmt. The mvmt may not have issues but your chrono sec hand may not reset back to 12 o’ clock exactly. I found this out the hard way... LOL.

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I would recommend you don’t touch the chrono functions though it’s a fairly reliable mvmt. The mvmt may not have issues but your chrono sec hand may not reset back to 12 o’ clock exactly. I found this out the hard way... LOL.

This.

Unless your job is official timer at your local sports stadium, race track or egg boiling factory, there’s really no point to over-stress the delicate Asian mechanism. Genuine chrono movements are notoriously prone to breaking as well.

And there’s little in life more dissatisfying than a big chrono seconds hand not quite pointing straight up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
This.

Unless your job is official timer at your local sports stadium, race track or egg boiling factory, there’s really no point to over-stress the delicate Asian mechanism. Genuine chrono movements are notoriously prone to breaking as well.

And there’s little in life more dissatisfying than a big chrono seconds hand not quite pointing straight up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well then, buy an ARF

Reactions: mytux

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
well then, buy an ARF

That's what I was thinking too. The majority on here seem to rate the Noob due to the 4130 movement clone, but doesn't it defeat the purpose if the advice is not to actually use the chrono? Then what's the point? Why just just get an ARF which has a better dial?

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
That's what I was thinking too. The majority on here seem to rate the Noob due to the 4130 movement clone, but doesn't it defeat the purpose if the advice is not to actually use the chrono? Then what's the point? Why just just get an ARF which has a better dial?

Franken options? The noob has a better case and is thinner closer to gen. I would never use the chrono but moving on to my next franken project which is going to be a Daytona it will have to be the 4130 for certain parts. If obviously you just want to wear it otb which I did with my 116500 arf that’s fine.

Reactions: James2020

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Franken options? The noob has a better case and is thinner closer to gen. I would never use the chrono but moving on to my next franken project which is going to be a Daytona it will have to be the 4130 for certain parts. If obviously you just want to wear it otb which I did with my 116500 arf that’s fine.

That's fair enough, but I'd wager the proportion of people who buy the noob that mod is very small. Due to no access to a watch smith and/or to save money.