• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I kinda thought that ettorefranco was from the EU, judging by his nickname. We have Johnny Depp here to do the job. I didn't even think about the US members as I replied. But you have other skilled modders over there, I'm sure one of them can do it.

I'm still on the hunt for one near me so i could either buy the v4 dial or buy an arf and source out the dial....still looking if you are a mod in conus, lemme know.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
no sorry, but he is a very nice person, if you write to him in private he gives you all the right information and advice

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Therion666

Ghost410

Looking Around
7/3/15
I’m looking for a modder in the US because the only thing it seems I must change on a v4 is the crystal gasket. Hopefully someone has a suggestion.

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
That bezel looks like CF is not needed (I have one on my 116519), That SUPERLATIVE is a bit messy... have seen much better than this

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
That bezel looks like CF is not needed (I have one on my 116519), That SUPERLATIVE is a bit messy... have seen much better than this

Arf is Definitely the way to go as far best dial avail

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I’m looking for a modder in the US because the only thing it seems I must change on a v4 is the crystal gasket. Hopefully someone has a suggestion.

I can do that for you, but im at my house in Mexico the next 6 months, if you wanna send it here?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Arf is Definitely the way to go as far best dial avail

Arf makes some beautiful dials, but sadly they are not correct atm either. Subdials are to thin (Slightly) and the subdial numbers are not aligned correctly. But the 5 lines of text blows Noob away. So again, it depends on what flaws you can live with, but neither dial is correct.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
You are correct but at the cost of 3-5k for a gen dial, i think the arf is the closest at the moment.

McPeace

13/9/20
Nobody notices any f.... difference between a Noob and an ARF dial on the wrist...

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
True but you wear a watch for your own personal pleasure so it matters to the wearer if it bothers them.

Reactions: 2841

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
You are correct but at the cost of 3-5k for a gen dial, i think the arf is the closest at the moment.

Well..... The subdials is the first thing you will notice are off. The text is pretty much impossible to spot if you don't have it 20 cm from your face :) I do love ARF dials, but they took a step back some months ago.

I have one of the old v.2.2 dials, and i don't see any point in upgrading at the moment. Neither a v.4 or a current ARF is going to be better.

Reactions: kavorca1

Rollie_69

12/11/19
From the looks of things, I might have to skip V4 and wait for v10. Been waiting for a Daytona Panda In my collection for awhile now.

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Well..... The subdials is the first thing you will notice are off. The text is pretty much impossible to spot if you don't have it 20 cm from your face :) I do love ARF dials, but they took a step back some months ago.

I have one of the old v.2.2 dials, and i don't see any point in upgrading at the moment. Neither a v.4 or a current ARF is going to be better.

What’s wrong with the recent ARF dials?

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I'm no expert but here's how i seem em. Arf subdials appear smaller than gen. Thickness of the black border is good but size is smaller. Noob v4 seem too thick period. And noob v3 seem correct in size but too thin of the black border. My 2 pennies

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
I'm no expert but here's how i seem em. Arf subdials appear smaller than gen. Thickness of the black border is good but size is smaller. Noob v4 seem too thick period. And noob v3 seem correct in size but too thin of the black border. My 2 pennies

Or maybe just buy V4 and then swop next model ARF dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
What’s wrong with the recent ARF dials?

Subdials are slightly to thin, subdial numbers are not placed correctly towards the bottom. And the red Daytona text is to high on the dial (but so is noob) ARF did do a dial with perfect proportions some months ago, but then the took a step back. Both dials where labeled as v.2

noob v.2.2 and v.4 has perfect sized subdials and the subdial numbers are placed correctly. (But the 5 lines of text is horrible on both)

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Or maybe just buy V4 and then swop next model ARF dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually gonna keep my v3 till arf releases their next panda and cross my fingers that it will be the best dial to date.....( or at least i hope there will a new arf model)

Reactions: Zenth