• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
Well my TD said mine is a v4, how is that possible, I am not sure, as I said, ordered mine early this month and just had it for a week (note I have the gen black version) so I am checking if the white is for me and get white gen in the future too, anyway... to me it v3.

Wow mate,,,
since you have the gen daytona, i think everyone here will be grateful if you could post pict side by side your GEN with V3 , to compare the bezel an case.
personally i like to compare V3 bezel and GEN.
Thanks in advance mate

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
I got this about a week ago, ordered early this month (not going to mention which TD it is for the time been).
Can anyone identify if this is a V3 or a V4 (you'll be surprised what my TD told me).

Base on front and center pin
I think it’s V.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Ya doesn't seem like the TD deliberately lied, just didn't know. It's definitely a v3. But to be honest with you, I'm wearing the heck out of my v3 and no one has ever said the subdials are too thin. I get good compliments about it's looks. I may at some point buy the v4 dial and look for someone to swap it out. Like it's been said a million times on our forum...the biggest tell is the wearer not the watch.

Reactions: Zenth

ra1n

Known Member
29/7/20
Base on front and center pin
I think it’s V.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed.

Ya doesn't seem like the TD deliberately lied, just didn't know. It's definitely a v3. But to be honest with you, I'm wearing the heck out of my v3 and no one has ever said the subdials are too thin. I get good compliments about it's looks. I may at some point buy the v4 dial and look for someone to swap it out. Like it's been said a million times on our forum...the biggest tell is the wearer not the watch.
I agree completely, I have no issue been a v3 or v4, and nor TD would ever lie to their customer, I have been buying from the same TD for a while and I trust them.

Also as mentioned before, I am trying out the white dial to see it is for me, and as it goes, 100%, the more I am wearing it the more I want to sell my gen black to get the white as a replacement, I will probably do so once it is back from repairs, as I have broken the glass and bezel over a week ago. ( Valentz This should answer your request too mate ).

And agreed to your last part of your comment, is not the watch it's the wearer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valentz

xakrofobiax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/16
The way my eyes see the thin dials is like this..not sure if this is how you guys see it. I was informed by my TD as well that the version they sent me was the V4 but the dial looks exactly like what everyone is posting on the forum

this is the Gen dial i pulled online

this is the V3 or "V4" as what everyone is posting

I noticed that the "black ring color" spacing between the white and the number is slightly thicker on the Gen than the "V3" or new "V4 dial. On the Noob dial it is barely touching the numbers...

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I actually think the v4 is thicker than gen, and the v3 is thinner but the arf dial seems spot on. At least to me. So the real question is, would you rather have the dials too thin or too thick if you stick with noob dials. Or try and locate an arf dial and find a modder to swap it out....quite the conundrum

Reactions: lolo1972sg

xakrofobiax

2/6/16
Who is a CONUS modder than can do a dial swap in. Noob V3/4 for the ARF dial? I am interested in doing that mod on my current white panda Dayton cause I really can’t stand the thin dial look. Everything else on the watch looks great but that small issue is killing my OCD for some reason

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19

Looks like the ARF dial is still superior to the Noob V4.

I first noticed the ROLEX font was thicker when I made a gif with the first V4 pictures posted page 4 to compare the dials to but wasn't 100% sure. But someone else mentioned it too and in this picture you can see the ROLEX font is thicker.

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Patron
Certified
12/10/19
EU
I got this about a week ago, ordered early this month (not going to mention which TD it is for the time been).
Can anyone identify if this is a V3 or a V4 (you'll be surprised what my TD told me).

It is a V3 man...without a doubt..those skinny subdials...

Reactions: RiffRalf

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
Looks like the ARF dial is still superior to the Noob V4.

I first noticed the ROLEX font was thicker when I made a gif with the first V4 pictures posted page 4 to compare the dials to but wasn't 100% sure. But someone else mentioned it too and in this picture you can see the ROLEX font is thicker.

Damn!! I really hate how Noob screen all the letters on dial, especially the upper word look different from Gen...

Last edited:

McPeace

13/9/20
Nobody will ever notice that print on your wrist. Even with gens, the print quality varies (I own a few, including a black dial steel Daytona)... so nothing to worry about. Those skinny subdials on the V3 were something to worry and a no-go, but they corrected that. Looking forward to my QC pics, can’t wait :)

Reactions: Bullflo3 and ra1n

ra1n

Known Member
29/7/20
The way my eyes see the thin dials is like this..not sure if this is how you guys see it. I was informed by my TD as well that the version they sent me was the V4 but the dial looks exactly like what everyone is posting on the forum

ZzxI9p.png

this is the Gen dial i pulled online
ZzxqKb.png

this is the V3 or "V4" as what everyone is posting

I noticed that the "black ring color" spacing between the white and the number is slightly thicker on the Gen than the "V3" or new "V4 dial. On the Noob dial it is barely touching the numbers...

I guess I am not alone with regards to the TD and their claim they have sent a v4, not a v3...

I actually think the v4 is thicker than gen, and the v3 is thinner but the arf dial seems spot on. At least to me. So the real question is, would you rather have the dials too thin or too thick if you stick with noob dials. Or try and locate an arf dial and find a modder to swap it out....quite the conundrum

Actually the question is not what you rather do? keep the Noob dial or ARF, the real question you have to ask yourself is, why not just enjoy the watch, only people here will tell you the difference, no one else outside this bubble would notice anything, just enjoy the watch if you have the v3 or v4.

Last edited:

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
This one looks VERY nice indeed. Wow! Hope mine will be alike - should receive QC pics any day now... :thumbsup:

It looks nice, however the red 'Daytona' lettering is too bright. It's the reason I sold mine. I hope they will fix it one day..

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I think you got a good one. SELs seem fine, everything is aligned. The subdials are shiny, but that's not a QC issue. You should approve your QC.