• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
Trust me!! The Noob V.4 has distributed to almost famous TD already my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Futzorr

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/8/19
EU
Is Jtime the only one advertising and selling the V4 at the moment? I wouldn’t think so, but the reason why I’m asking is because my TD sent me their latest QC picture of this watch but it still looks like V3. I asked them about the V4 and they don’t seem to know too much about it and stresses the image they sent me is the latest model.

What TD told you this?

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
That is the V3. Have seen QC pics from Li with the V4 version (which I already ordered btw), also with some other TDs.

ra1n

Known Member
29/7/20
Well, InTime has the V4 on their website...

Black:
DAYTONA 116500 904L SS CASE BLACK CERAMIC BEZEL V4 NOOB 1:1 BEST EDITION BLACK DIAL ON 904L SS BRACELET SA4130

White:
DAYTONA 116500 904L SS CASE BLACK CERAMIC BEZEL V4 NOOB 1:1 BEST EDITION WHITE DIAL ON 904L SS BRACELET SA4130

What is weird, however, V3 just vanished...
I think they are reusing the V3's and replacing the dials to V4, I have a feeling they have been doing this before the released the V4, and some V3's just maybe are V4... am I stretching here?

Last edited:

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I think they're trying to pass a QC reject to you. I'm not just saying that, I've had this happen before. So I told that TD to f#@k off and took my business elsewhere.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Is Jtime the only one advertising and selling the V4 at the moment? I wouldn’t think so, but the reason why I’m asking is because my TD sent me their latest QC picture of this watch but it still looks like V3. I asked them about the V4 and they don’t seem to know too much about it and stresses the image they sent me is the latest model.

Trusty also had the v4 for sale 688.00 and he longer shows a v3. I asked Andrew if i could buy just the dial of a v4 and he said yes for 95 bucks. So it appears some TD are selling the v4 already

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Sure im just telling what i saw on this pictures
what about this two pieces one have darker and shiny subdials while other have matte?
my friend have 116500 and must compare side by side with it irl

With your ability to take clear, high resolution photos, you should just compare and photograph your friends Gen 116500 side by side with your Noob in the same lighting.

Bobi01

2/2/19
With your ability to take clear, high resolution photos, you should just compare and photograph your friends Gen 116500 side by side with your Noob in the same lighting.

As soon as i can be alone with him i will try to do it
in group of other peoples i wont for sure...
Im not as good with him like my friend but i know him personaly

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
I have never seen black noob vs gen side by side before. Any body have some?

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
What TD told you this?

PureTime. I found it strange and when I tried telling them and explaining with pictures, V3 and V4 side-by-side, that’s the response I got. Also they don’t have it listed on their website as V4, still showing V3. Even told the the differences with the correct subdial and pinion. What gives?

Also I didn’t want to be a dick and send him links to other dealers pages, but I might have to do that. And the reason that I need to stay with this TD is because I have some credit with them that I need to use.

Last edited:

xakrofobiax

2/6/16
PureTime. I found it strange and when I tried telling them and explaining with pictures, V3 and V4 side-by-side, that’s the response I got. Also they don’t have it listed on their website as V4, still showing V3. Even told the the differences with the correct subdial and pinion. What gives?

Also I didn’t want to be a dick and send him links to other dealers pages, but I might have to do that. And the reason that I need to stay with this TD is because I have some credit with them that I need to use.

I am dealing with the same thing right now with them. They are saying the watch they recently sent me 3 days ago which I received is the V4 but the photos clearly show its a V3. I have shown them the difference and they are yet to respond with a feedback. Great and fast service from them but I am very confused on this V3/V4 transition when they are telling me the watch they sent me is the V4 but looks to have the V3 dial.

PastyMan

3/8/20
CONUS
Panda Dial is easy to tell V3 from V4 due to sub dials. TD shouldn’t dispute this with you as its a super easy differentiator. PureTime are great and well reviewed, but are a high volume TD and probably place large orders and then distribute. Wouldn’t surprise me if they have a bunch of V3’s they need to move before V4’s replace them.

In all honesty I have not ordered from PureTime, so am purely speculating. I enquired about certain watches a month or two ago asking for their opinion on what versions were best. They pointed me towards particular factories that clearly had inferior current versions. At that point I felt like they had an agenda so moved to a smaller TD where I can speak with the owner/senior personnel who really know the watches/factories.

Reactions: Zenth

xakrofobiax

2/6/16
Panda Dial is easy to tell V3 from V4 due to sub dials. TD shouldn’t dispute this with you as its a super easy differentiator. PureTime are great and well reviewed, but are a high volume TD and probably place large orders and then distribute. Wouldn’t surprise me if they have a bunch of V3’s they need to move before V4’s replace them.

In all honesty I have not ordered from PureTime, so am purely speculating. I enquired about certain watches a month or two ago asking for their opinion on what versions were best. They pointed me towards particular factories that clearly had inferior current versions. At that point I felt like they had an agenda so moved to a smaller TD where I can speak with the owner/senior personnel who really know the watches/factories.

Who would be considered a smaller TD in your opinion?

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Jtime and geektime are smaller dealers.

PureTime has been around for a long time, but I’m surprised they don’t know the difference between v3 and v4. Like you guys said, maybe they have a lot of inventory in stock that they have to get rid of?

Last edited:

PastyMan

3/8/20
CONUS
Who would be considered a smaller TD in your opinion?

I can only speak for JTime, they have been great and Li who you deal with is the owner (I think). I know there volume is nothing like PureTime but they are growing. I think Trusty is of similar size. I am sure there are some guys on here with more experience than me who could chime in and recommend others.

Reactions: Zenth

Smitty

Horology Curious
3/6/20
Redondo Beach, CA
I also ask PureTime about the V4 Daytona, they said I could order the V3 & they would send the V4! I said I wanted to wait to see pictures on the website too insure I did not get the thin dials. They said it would be several days before they would have pictures on the website. Maybe a smaller TD is the way to go!

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Robi01 Thank you for replying to my question, I appreciate it! It looks phenomenal it those pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobi01