• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
I try to put this pict together, hope it can helps to compare.
Photo-Grid-Plus-1600612050964.jpg

7d893f10d9e8de1bc76d7dd7dec5b9d0.jpg

+ GEN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
Has V4 a CF bezel ? The CF is really the best in the rep possibilities of engraving Daytona( IMHO)

Im not sure mate. I like the font a bit thicker n brighter color on the bezel compare to my CF bezel. Mine a bit dark

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I don't think it does, I'm sure Noob would advertise it all over the place. It does look good though.
​​​​​

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
So based on this photo...it seems like the V3 is far from gen like on the dial and V4 is much closer to gen? When looking at both of these side by side, I’m survived the V3 was offered for sale as long as it did because the whole sub dials just stand out as being way too small/thin

Posted yesterday, just a few pages back...

​​​​​​
The Noob V3 release starting a year ago in September 2019 became a Dial Train Wreck.

- Looking back, the Bezel was the only real change for the V3 White Dial Panda.
They started shipping with the "V2.2" Dials which had the correct Sub-dial thickness for many months. Many Members were very happy with this version. Then some of them started showing up with the old V1-V2 style Dials with Sub-dials that were too thick. Finally sometime last Spring, they started shipping them all with Sub-dials that were too thin.

Reactions: Warfighter2020

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Did they improve the bracelet or case at all on the v4? Only improvements I read were the pinion and the dial improvements. Since I couldn’t understand the video.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Did they improve the bracelet or case at all on the v4? Only improvements I read were the pinion and the dial improvements. Since I couldn’t understand the video.

I haven't seen any mentions of Bracelet improvements yet. Some believe that the SEL fit appears to be not as good in some of the recent QC pictures.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Would be cool to have a TD chime in for know what really changed in this v4

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Wonder if TDs will still sell V3 discounted now. V4 updates don’t seem to be significant.

Last edited:

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Wonder if TDs will still sell V3 discounted now. V4 updates don’t seem to be significant.

I'm not positive but i believe a few TD dont even advertise the v3. I think it's all about the v4. Could just be that they just swapped out the dial on all the remaining v3 and called them the new v4.....just a guess.

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
The Silver Sub-dials can all appear different in photos depending on the lighting.

You have to look for the contrast between the shine on the Hands and the shine on the Sub-dials in different photo lighting.
The Sub-dials should have more of a Matte Finish and more contrast with the Shinny Hands, as shown in this Gen picture.

I think that’s a perfect way of evaluating photos. Every photo is gonna have differing light sources, and from differing directions, not to mention the temperature color of the light source.
The best way it seems is to evaluate the info from each photo by contrasting the “shininess” of relative parts.