• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
Why most people blame Noob V4 Bezel but my opinion i think it not much different from CF
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Why most people blame Noob V4 Bezel but my opinion i think it not much different from CF
giphy.gif

The letters are thicker - a little too thick - and the CF has too little space between the top of the letters and the edge of the bezel. Neither is perfect.

Reactions: Zenth

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Do you guys really think that the subdials on the V4 black dial are less shiny now? They look the same to me...

mlk2000m0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/20
Li from jtime has sent me QC of the V4 Daytona, I couldn't see any changes. Need to be more patient.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
They look the same to me as well

I agree. Especially after seeing pics posted by Zenth , still too shiny. I used to not give a damn about it until a saw a gen a while ago. Not shiny AT ALL. I don't like the white dial, so I guess I'll have to live with that....Or just go for the 116519. Again...Or perhaps the silver 116509 with silver dial. But those SELs...ffs...

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I agree. Especially after seeing pics posted by Zenth , still too shiny. I used to not give a damn about it until a saw a gen a while ago. Not shiny AT ALL. I don't like the white dial, so I guess I'll have to live with that....Or just go for the 116519. Again...Or perhaps the silver 116509 with silver dial. But those SELs...ffs...

If you wanna go for a 116519, why don't you build yourself a nice 116519 "old" style?

This is the one i built recently:

8-DDB47-F2-75-EB-4-DE6-8-F39-963839639-B40.jpg

517-CB636-315-B-4-C33-BA13-B33-B8-C982711.jpg

351-F6603-EF14-46-C2-A19-C-FC28-D899-D900.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: happyharrysco1

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I've just watched this comparison between the white and black version and the subdials appear to be a bit shiny on the black one:

https://youtu.be/iaQjW3ZiJiA

the 116500's subdials are way more matte and opaque than the video shows, there must be a huge light shining on them to make them look that shiny lol, even the subdials in the white one look shiny even if they are black because of that light lol

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I've been out the game for a few months, funny that:

Noob still can't get the O right in ROLEX
New versions are still backward steps
There are new factories making subs
People still can't decide which is best
Still the rumours of a v10 ap diver with 'ghost lines' persist without any materialising
I still can't remember which modders have which watches :D

You haven't missed much regarding the Daytonas...

The Noob V3 release starting a year ago in September 2019 became a Dial Train Wreck.

- Looking back, the Bezel was the only real change for the V3 White Dial Panda.
They started shipping with the "V2.2" Dials which had the correct Sub-dial thickness for many months. Many Members were very happy with this version. Then some of them started showing up with the old V1-V2 style Dials with Sub-dials that were too thick. Finally sometime last Spring, they started shipping them all with Sub-dials that were too thin.

- The Bezel was also an improvement for the Black Dial 116500 Noob Daytona.
However, They started shipping with Dials that had the old V1-V2 Sub-dials that were way too thick. Then some started to ship with "V2.2" style Black Dials that were better, but still thicker than Gen. Finally they started shipping with Sub-dials that are about the same thickness as a Gen, but the Silver continues to be much too shinny.

- Overall the SELs were better for the V3 Noobs, but that would be more of a quality issue and not really a change.

- And now a year later, the Noob V4 is released.

The Dealers say that the Bezel paint/coating has been improved to reduce fading over time and that the Bezel engraving has been improved, along with the quality of the hands at the pinion points.

The Dials for both the White Pandas and the Black 116500 V4s have the correct Sub-dial thicknesses, but the Silver Sub-dials on the Black Dials continue to be much shinier than a Gen. Everyone would also like to believe that the overall quality of the dials has improved. Time will tell, when they can be compared side by side, in person with the V3s.

- No real changes with the ARF Daytonas over the last year.

Running changes from over a year ago included better alignment of the Rehaut and Shorter Pushers.
SEL quality slipped a bit in that time and the Silver Sub-dials on the Black Dial continue to be slightly thicker than a Gen.

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
The v4 is completely different than the gen, the v3 is far better compared to the v4, and obviously the closes is Clean

Don't be too quick to conclude until I get the real one.

I think shooting angles may affect photographs...Maybe ....

Last edited:

ra1n

Known Member
29/7/20
Don't be too quick to conclude until I get the real one.

I think shooting angles may affect photographs...Maybe ....

Have a look at the 400 engraving mark, not even near the gen nor others, that is what caught my eyes.