• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Can anyone sum up what he said? Unfortunately i didn't understand a damn thing said on the video LOL

My mandarin is rusty, but here goes my best attempt :) :

'Plastic cover on the V3 is harder, V4 has a softer plastic similar on the gen, factory added the 904L sticker and gold label not on gen'

'Clasp is nice to wear the ending code 1QN is unchanged between V3 to V4, the button is nice, V3 to V4 same back'

'Thickness similar, front details changed'

'The hand pivot on the V4 is more three dimensional like the gen, V3 is flatter'

'Subdial is more three dimensional, like the gen, more 3D'

'Bezel improved, V4 is white silver shiny, V3 is darker. V4 also has bezel numbers that are deeper engraved, similar to the gen'

'Bezel straighter (less lined up?) V3 is more to the left with the hands'

'Same movement between V3 and V4, stability is exactly the same'

'Some other factory selling fake V3 V4, I'm telling you guys how to tell, other V3 has thinner subdials rings but completely wrong'

---shows how to adjust---

'when second hand is moving/timing don't press reset, must stop the reset otherwise you'll break the mechanism'

'timer function is exactly as real watch'

Not all of it makes sense, but it's a direct translation as I understood it. Apologies for the lousy translation skills.

Last edited:

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Think I will pull the trigger on one of them, but I'm not really sure if the white or the black dial is the better choice... Anyone a suggestion and why? Think the white dial color is not really gen like...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G988B mit Tapatalk

Hundreds of pages on this topic, show some respect by reading at least a couple of them and then ask a specific question to show that you've put some effort in it. Spoon feeding is not ranking very high on "favorite activities" list on this board.

You need to understand that this watch is tiny and the dial is even smaller. Crystal has no AR and there are reflections non stop. You're safe with either one of them, unless you're one of those poor bastards trying to appear rich on Instagram by posting close ups of your watch. Your nickname suggests that you have a thing for titles.

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
My mandarin is rusty, but here goes my best attempt :) :

'Plastic cover on the V3 is harder, V4 has a softer plastic harder similar on the gen, factory added the 904L sticker and gold label not on gen'

'Clasp is nice to wear the ending code 1QN is unchanged between V3 to V4, the button is nice, V3 to V4 same back'

'Thickness similar, front details changed'

'The hand pivot on the V4 is more three dimensional like the gen, V3 is flatter'

'Subdial is more three dimensional, like the gen, more 3D'

'Bezel improved, V4 is white silver shiny, V3 is darker. V4 also has bezel numbers that are deeper engraved, similar to the gen'

'Bezel straighter (less lined up?) V3 is more to the left with the hands'

'Same movement between V3 and V4, stability is exactly the same'

'Some other factory selling fake V3 V4, I'm telling you guys how to tell, other V3 has thinner subdials rings but completely wrong'

---shows how to adjust---

'when second hand is moving/timing don't press reset, must stop the reset otherwise you'll break the mechanism'

'timer function is exactly as real watch'

Not all of it makes sense, but it's a direct translation as I understood it. Apologies for the lousy translation skills.

Thanks

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: greenbeans

DrMedUniv

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
31/5/17
Hundreds of pages on this topic, show some respect by reading at least a couple of them and then ask a specific question to show that you've put some effort in it. Spoon feeding is not ranking very high on "favorite activities" list on this board.

You need to understand that this watch is tiny and the dial is even smaller. Crystal has no AR and there are reflections non stop. You're safe with either one of them, unless you're one of those poor bastards trying to appear rich on Instagram by posting close ups of your watch. Your nickname suggests that you have a thing for titles.
What is your problem? I've read the whole topic and just wanted to know, if the V4 versions in black or white is the better choice. Most said, that ARF has the better white dial and I wanted to know if Noob V4 in white is okay or black would be better...
I am not posting anything on instagram or something else.

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
I have seen that intime have the new v4 in stock since a few hours , but only in white. Know anyone when is the black version available?

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
One question:
In the black version: V4 Updated the solid handset
the white version: V4 updated the sub dials and solid handset

is the sub dial from the black version the same of the v3 or are the sub dail like the overrided white v4 version?

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
V4 black dial subdials looks less shiny to any comments?

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
I think the sub dail looks not so bad.

Looks OK to me.
My point was that the Noob V3 that the TDs are sending people seem to be V4, it seems.
I asked my TD about it, and they haven't heard about a V4 yet, so there is some gap here.
Also if it was available, they would have it on their site today, but only InTIme has it published.

Last edited:

vik2001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/14
I just got my v3 noob from ryan at intime. But im sure it was the v3.
Gutted it had skinny subdials. Also totally hate the bracelet and clasp. The bezel also has the fading issue under certain light.
Wish i knew about v4 before the order 2 weeks ago. Other than that the movement is excellent.

Reactions: Mathisbou155

TomP

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
18/9/20
Hello everyone!

I'm reading in the forum for a while, but this is my first post.
I really like the Daytona and for me as a noobie the V4 looks very good. I'm just wondering which color is the more versatile one. I still have a few watches with black dials and for me black is quite neutral. What you guys think about the white one as far as versatility is concerned? I think white looks sportier...
Which one would you prefer?
Thanks for some inputs :)

Hope this is the right chat for that question, if not I apologise for it ..

Last edited:

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Hello everyone!

I really like the Daytona and for me as a noobie the V4 looks very good. I'm just wondering which color is the more versatile one. I still have a few watches with black dials and for me black is quite neutral. What you guys think about the white one as far as versatility is concerned? I think white looks sportier...

I've been thinking of getting one of these every since I joined ths community about a year ago. Up and including V2.2 it seemed the white one was the better one but with version 3 I think the black dialed one is the better one, the skinny subdials of the Panda put me right off. As I already have a Speedmaster Moonwatch (gen) which obviously has a black dial I was going to go for the white one.
There are quite a few on the Daytona appreciation thread and of late I have taken a shine to the black ones.
black dialed chronos are super flexible. The white one looks a bit more summer like to me. But I have seen both (gens) being worn by blokes in suits (whose dress sense obviously does not match their financial status ;))
Of course there is that old adage, when in doubt get both:p
Which is not as outrageous as it sounds, if you do get two and you decide which one you want I am sure you can find a buyer on the M2M sales board

Last edited:

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
Is the v4 from intime the official v4 or is it a v3? I don’t understand it. Today I would order one v3. In store it says that the v3 is Not longer available. 1 hour later the v4 was listed. So i wondering why the subdails of the white version are new and the black version look like the old v3. Chacingtime has although listed the v4

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
Hello everyone!

Hope this is the right chat for that question, if not I apologise for it ..

Black is the best option. It looks good in every situation. I hate white dials because they look too clean for my opinion.

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Is the v4 from intime the official v4 or is it a v3? I don’t understand it. Today I would order one v3. In store it says that the v3 is Not longer available. 1 hour later the v4 was listed. So i wondering why the subdails of the white version are new and the black version look like the old v3. Chacingtime has although listed the v4

Looks like a v4 to me, but wondering why they are the only ones that have it up right now on their website.

Reactions: ProGamer73061