• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

anto88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/21
i overpaid but im happy

jIDl5I.jpg

may ask where did you buy

GWT#1

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Where the bluegrass sways!
Been absent from forums for while still have my collection, but damb what the hells up with the Daytona prices? I guess if you have them they near worth there weight in gold! I still have my ceramic panda, and black dial with stainless bezel!
But really 1100,00 plus shipping come on??

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
I bought both the white and black dial last month and intended to only keep one.

I received my white dial today after a month's wait. When I put it on my wrist I noticed that the crystal sits slighter higher than my black dial (received last week) and hence the watch is thicker. My TD double confirmed this is a Noob v4, and said: "sometimes pressing of the crystal is not too much so its not too close to the dial".

I took the bracelets off for both the black dial and white dial and took some pictures. Black on left, white on right. Has anyone experienced something like that before? Can anyone confirm the white dial is indeed a noob v4?
jIagfR.jpg
jIiZ28.jpg
jIij6K.jpg
jIizuv.jpg
jIiKOj.jpg
jIiHj1.jpg

Last edited:

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
I bought both the white and black dial last month and intended to only keep one.

I received my white dial today after a month's wait. When I put it on my wrist I noticed that the crystal sits slighter higher than my black dial (received last week) and hence the watch is thicker. My TD double confirmed this is a Noob v4, and said: "sometimes pressing of the crystal is not too much so its not too close to the dial".

I took the bracelets off for both the black dial and white dial and took some pictures. Black on left, white on right. Has anyone experienced something like that before? Can anyone confirm the white dial is indeed a noob v4?

Can you open the caseback?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21

I don't know if it's a light reflection on the pics, but it looks like also the bezel on the panda isn't sitting right on the case. Looks like it has a gap compared to the LN on the left. Can you confirm? Maybe crystal is different and thicker or even there's a thicker and taller crystal gasket installed

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
I don't know if it's a light reflection on the pics, but it looks like also the bezel on the panda isn't sitting right on the case. Looks like it has a gap compared to the LN on the left. Can you confirm? Maybe crystal is different and thicker or even there's a thicker and taller crystal gasket installed

Just checked. You are right.

There is a gap between the bezel and the case for the panda, the dial looks spot on though. But I immediately noticed the differences when compared to my black dial noob v4, the case back also felt a bit larger but can't confirm.

Anyways first pic white dial, second pic black dial.

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
Okay done some research, it seems that this final batch of 116500 panda that trusty is selling are all slightly thicker at 12.8mm because of how the crystal is sitting on the watch. These are genuine noob with the 4130 movement (still have yet to confirm mine).

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/pl6ipl/noob_daytona_v4_from_trusty_out_in_the_sun/
https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/pkh0d9/i_ordered_a_noob_daytona_did_i_get_fake_noob_13mm/

I am not very happy though, I bought the watch at this premium price under the impression this is the 12.5mm noob v4 I am getting. I even asked Trusty again and again through our email convo for him to make sure this is the "12.5mm same thickness as gen noob v4 116500 panda" I am buying and he said yes.

And now, I am getting a 12.8mm daytona with a gap between the bezel and the watch case that was not visible in QC.

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Okay done some research, it seems that this final batch of 116500 panda that trusty is selling are all slightly thicker at 12.8mm because of how the crystal is sitting on the watch. These are genuine noob with the 4130 movement (still have yet to confirm mine).

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/pl6ipl/noob_daytona_v4_from_trusty_out_in_the_sun/
https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/pkh0d9/i_ordered_a_noob_daytona_did_i_get_fake_noob_13mm/

I am not very happy though, I bought the watch at this premium price under the impression this is the 12.5mm noob v4 I am getting. I even asked Trusty again and again through our email convo for him to make sure this is the "12.5mm same thickness as gen noob v4 116500 panda" I am buying and he said yes.

And now, I am getting a 12.8mm daytona with a gap between the bezel and the watch case that was not visible in QC.

I own around 6 noob daytonas , some bought beginning of this year prior to raids and some post raids.

You must know that building these watches are not consistent in terms of quality , they might vary based on time , batches and availability of parts. I.e you may get different crystal thickness , gasket hight and color tones.

Your watches are true noob , ill be more positive once you open the case back .

OR if you rotate the crown upwards the hour marker goes clockwise and vice versa.

I would advise to start modding these babies with Gen crystal , gasket and CF ceramic bezel , you will get the 12.5 or 12.6 mms and be happy with them.

For all , beware some none TDs do claim they have stock noobs and they sell you a “fake noob” a 13.5mm with a fully functioning chronos and fat ass case back so be carful. Learned that the hard way unfortunately . We live and learn.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cloney and jcher

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
I own around 6 noob daytonas , some bought beginning of this year prior to raids and some post raids.

You must know that building these watches are not consistent in terms of quality , they might vary based on time , batches and availability of parts. I.e you may get different crystal thickness , gasket hight and color tones.

Your watches are true noob , ill be more positive once you open the case back .

OR if you rotate the crown upwards the hour marker goes clockwise and vice versa.

I would advise to start modding these babies with Gen crystal , gasket and CF ceramic bezel , you will get the 12.5 or 12.6 mms and be happy with them.

For all , beware some none TDs do claim they have stock noobs and they sell you a “fake noob” a 13.5mm with a fully functioning chronos and fat ass case back so be carful. Learned that the hard way unfortunately . We live and learn.

Cheers

So did you also get one of these "thicker" noob daytona?

I must admit I am new in the Rolex department, but I did my research and went through about 50-60 pages of this thread, and talked to a few experienced members before pulling the trigger.

I was not aware there are different batches within one version, there were posts mentioning differences in sub-dial in earlier batches but different thicknesses of the watch? Generally, when you buy a watch that is advertised as X thickness with other members posting pics confirming it is X thickness, you expect to receive the watch as X thickness. Give or take +/- 0.1mm is okay, but 0.3mm thicker seems a bit much.

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
So did you also get one of these "thicker" noob daytona?

I must admit I am new in the Rolex department, but I did my research and went through about 50-60 pages of this thread, and talked to a few experienced members before pulling the trigger.

I was not aware there are different batches within one version, there were posts mentioning differences in sub-dial in earlier batches but different thicknesses of the watch? Generally, when you buy a watch that is advertised as X thickness with other members posting pics confirming it is X thickness, you expect to receive the watch as X thickness. Give or take +/- 0.1mm is okay, but 0.3mm thicker seems a bit much.

Case is not thicker , your bezel needs to be pushed down , get a gen crystal and lower transparent gasket.

There you’ll have a 12.5mm

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
Case is not thicker , your bezel needs to be pushed down , get a gen crystal and lower transparent gasket.

There you’ll have a 12.5mm

I see, thanks. It seems that some people were already getting these versions with the higher crystal last year.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...oob-daytona-v4

I just wasn't aware that there are so many different variations looking at the noob v4 on this thread other than the occasional slimmer sub-dial.

Last edited: