• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
It was simply misquoted / misspoken, it's a 116509 they received and not a 116519. Anyway, great job in picking it up jkrw247! Very lucky to get one during these times indeed. Great as it is but also a versatile platform for franken.

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
I read several times that noob profile was quite wrong compared to gen.
Is this true for V4?

Comparing mine with pics of gen from sales thread on rolexforums

not seeing huge difference.

Rustyrandy

Known Member
31/12/19
Is this true for V4?

AFAIK the issue is the slope and rounding of the outside of the lugs which you can sort of see in your comparison although the lightings very different. It’s really evident if you compare it to something like an Arf. Yours looks pretty similar to my v3 although maybe it was an unannounced change between v3-4.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Is this true for V4?

jmgwiI.jpg

Yes, since the v2 case, the v4 case is proberbly the worst one.

If its a huge difference, well, that's up to the beholder :) But to sum it up, every single line on the Noob case is off. The gen is sharper in the lines, sleeker around the lugs, and proberbly the biggest error on the v4 case, is the lack of asymmetrisk lug sides (right side needs to be slimmer then the left side)

Its proberbly not something you will notice a lot, unless you put it next to the gen, then its pretty obvious.

I did a comparison here of different build and my gen https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-rep-pic-heavy

Last edited:

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe

If its a huge difference, well, that's up to the beholder :) But to sum it up, every single line on the Noob case is off. The gen is sharper in the lines, sleeker around the lugs, and proberbly the biggest error on the v4 case, is the lack of asymmetrisk lug sides (right side needs to be slimmer then the left side)

Its proberbly not something you will notice a lot, unless you put it next to the gen, then its pretty obvious.

I did a comparison here of different build and my gen https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-rep-pic-heavy

Thanks for helping me seeing the differences. Though I was aware of lack of asymetric lugs on the noob, your link is such a great source for comparison.

Been waiting 3 months now for my TD to deliver an ARF panda to mod my Noob V4 and was losing a bit of patience. But reading your build thread, it was quite the adventure haha.

Thanks for educating me on this.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks for helping me seeing the differences. Though I was aware of lack of asymetric lugs on the noob, your link is such a great source for comparison.

Been waiting 3 months now for my TD to deliver an ARF panda to mod my Noob V4 and was losing a bit of patience. But reading your build thread, it was quite the adventure haha.

Thanks for educating me on this.

My pleasure :)

Yeah, nothing never goes as expected when dealing with reps :)

Just do the mods you want, and enjoy the watch for what it is. A noob build is imo great value for money

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17

ARF case is better than Noob case?

frankenme

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/10
Ipk factory modded. Plated with new dial, bezel and buff hands. Noob v4 base. How's it look? Saw this online.
fef8c4c5acee7e98188e3892e41b2677.jpg

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Is this true for V4?

The profile is wrong. Took me about a day to refinish by hand during lockdown. The rep case is more like a GMT.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plantagenet

TeddyDaytona

Looking Around
14/8/21
What's the next best available Daytona clone to date. ( which factory is still running and not selling for a rip off price )
is ARF still going? Does anyone know of DP factory daytonas?
Thanks in advance

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
What's the next best available Daytona clone to date. ( which factory is still running and not selling for a rip off price )
is ARF still going? Does anyone know of DP factory daytonas?
Thanks in advance

Arf if you dont mind working chrono,Ewf if you mind

Reactions: TeddyDaytona