• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Is there ANY PLACE I can get a noob daytona from anymore? I've contacted like 10 TDs but no luck...

Only m2m right now, noob factory is out for the count from what we are seeing. They could reappear in the future, but who knows what their supply network looks like and if they can get things going again.

I will admit, the Noob Daytona's movement is a thing of beauty, a pure marvel that reps can get this close to the gen, but the rest of the watch is just OK and needs mods to be great. If you MUST have the movement, you need to wait it out either via m2m or noob to return. If you MUST have the watch, an ARF Daytona might do the trick. It is a visually stunning watch that is held back by it's lack of fully working chrono.... Did not bother me much as I had one for close to 2 years and I barely hold a rep for a few weeks at a time!

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
I'm seeking some clarification on whether or not v4 versions were released for any model other than the 116500LN.

From what I remember from just before the raids, there was never any official announcement for v4 of anything other than the 116500LN White/Black dials.
I was looking to buy a 116519LN at the time, some people on Reddit posted their QCs around at the same time, many of whom saying their dealers told them it's a v4, but none of them were ever confirmed by the community to be a v4. Many TDs I spoke to at that moment in time also told me there was no v4 of the model yet, yet allegedly everyone was being told different things.

Many months on since the raids, we have had an influx of newcomers who without really knowing the differences between v3 and v4, are highly interested in the v4 simply by virtue of it being the latest version. This 'v4' gets thrown around a lot and from the sounds of it, gets applied to models outside of the 116500LN, usually from hearsay or perhaps from resellers as a marketing term. While there are many comparisons of v3 vs v4 in terms of the 116500LN, I have seen none for other models, so is it safe to say non 116500LN Noob Daytonas capped out at v3?

senator

3/6/09
8143ea70c0f9877fd6e2f572be7bbae7.jpg

werdn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/18
I'm seeking some clarification on whether or not v4 versions were released for any model other than the 116500LN.

From what I remember from just before the raids, there was never any official announcement for v4 of anything other than the 116500LN White/Black dials.
I was looking to buy a 116519LN at the time, some people on Reddit posted their QCs around at the same time, many of whom saying their dealers told them it's a v4, but none of them were ever confirmed by the community to be a v4. Many TDs I spoke to at that moment in time also told me there was no v4 of the model yet, yet allegedly everyone was being told different things.

Many months on since the raids, we have had an influx of newcomers who without really knowing the differences between v3 and v4, are highly interested in the v4 simply by virtue of it being the latest version. This 'v4' gets thrown around a lot and from the sounds of it, gets applied to models outside of the 116500LN, usually from hearsay or perhaps from resellers as a marketing term. While there are many comparisons of v3 vs v4 in terms of the 116500LN, I have seen none for other models, so is it safe to say non 116500LN Noob Daytonas capped out at v3?

Was there a large improvement in v3 and v4 for the 116500LN? I think it was something like just the bezel and dials changed right. Everything else was basically the same. So in a way, if the latter is true, then its like V3.1 basically

werdn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/18
I will admit, the Noob Daytona's movement is a thing of beauty, a pure marvel that reps can get this close to the gen, but the rest of the watch is just OK and needs mods to be great.

Arent there other watches like the subs that also have a clone movement, or are those movements not as good or complicated as the clone 4130?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
This here is my favourite rep and the nicest watch in my collection, gens included.. what an absolute stunner!

Beats your VSF Hulk? Wow

I have a 116519 on the rubber, absolutely one of my favorites as well

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Yeah, the Hulk is in 3rd or maybe even 4th place.. Since putting the 519 dial inside it it has shot up to 1st place. If you have a 116519 then you'll appreciate this is one of the best dials for the Daytona, it's mega and it blings. It's the most gen like of all the Noob dials too.

I'd go.. Daytona, Pepsi, Hulk/LN. The Hulk was awesome until the other 2 overshadowed it, the design is a bit plain in comparison to those two that are rather busy.

Reactions: Cloney and RiffRalf

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
It is the same movement. Maybe the V4 has the balance spring now in blue like the Gen. However this is pretty pointless as it does not affect the quality and performance of the movement and considering that the whole balance assembly is different to GEN (the only difference in the 4130 movement) will not fool anybody with experience.