• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Hi guys,

Is it normal NOOB clasp or ARF clasp to always make clicking sound when we’re not wearing or while holding the watch?
For mine it always has this noisy clicking sound.
Is there anyway to fix this?

Wait! What? Your clasp makes sounds when you’re not wearing it? Yikes!

What next? Oozing green pea soup?

Have you talked to an exorcist?

werdn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/18
No news is good news, but sorry to say this one is a lost cause!

My guess (not that I know anything at all) but I think another maker will take over the movement contract and take Noob's place for the Daytona. When? I have no idea, as you know they have to buy a gen piece, and reverse engineer it etc.

Ahhhh, seems like Noob is gone forever then. I wonder if the guy who replicated the movement also got arrested, and i wonder how long it took him to replicate the movement

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Ahhhh, seems like Noob is gone forever then. I wonder if the guy who replicated the movement also got arrested, and i wonder how long it took him to replicate the movement

I could be totally off base, and incorrect but I do not think the movement maker got arrested. Noob does not make the movements, but they had the contract for the unbelievable 4130 movement. Question is did another factory pick up the contract and start developing the rest of the watch. Too soon to tell, but nothing is done overnight, it would takes months to develop a new Daytona.

Wishful thinking, but would be amazing if Clean Factory can pick this up as they seem to be the premier Rolex rep maker at the moment now that it is rumored VSF is out of the Rolex business.

Reactions: tlander13

audiwt

25/5/18
I could be totally off base, and incorrect but I do not think the movement maker got arrested. Noob does not make the movements, but they had the contract for the unbelievable 4130 movement. Question is did another factory pick up the contract and start developing the rest of the watch. Too soon to tell, but nothing is done overnight, it would takes months to develop a new Daytona.

Wishful thinking, but would be amazing if Clean Factory can pick this up as they seem to be the premier Rolex rep maker at the moment now that it is rumored VSF is out of the Rolex business.

And we have a CF Bezel on it.

Gesendet von iPhone 12 PRO MAX mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

dwjpaypal

Renowned Member
Certified
24/9/10
Hi All,

Just recieved what I believe is supposed to be a V3, but looking at it I'm really underwhelmed by the bezel printing. It just doesn't have the strength of colour as per my gen. Is this normal for a V3? If I sourced a CF bezel would that be better?

My gen for comparison;

Thanks!

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Yep,just mount cf bezel and it is very close to gen

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
People change bezels even on the V4 ( me being one of them ) and they're miles ahead of the V3. So yeah, that's the way to go. Not exactly like gen, but better than stock Noob:

subaddict

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/18
Wait! What? Your clasp makes sounds when you’re not wearing it? Yikes!

What next? Oozing green pea soup?

Have you talked to an exorcist?

Lol, what I mean is that the clasp is not very tight and always has the clicking sound.
Sorry for bad english

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Folks,

I'm a lucky man three times. I could buy a Noob 116519LN dial from InTime before the raids, a brand new Noob 116500 rep from Toro Bravo's during the raids, and get Master Nikz19 to service and mod my Daytona (movement service, dial swap, translucent crystal gasket, bezel and hands lume). This wach is my first and only precious Rolex :thumbsup:.
jz2lrS.jpg
jz2PHL.jpg
jz2pEQ.jpg

Last edited:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Hmm, v4s are on Aliexpress. What we thinking about that?

Do not buy. If any V4s were floating around, I think our TDs would know about it.

And I hate Aliexpress, I bought something for my daughter a couple of months ago, the seller shipped it to another location (or gave me fake tracking #) and Aliexpress wont refund my money as it shows shipped. Ridiculous, and I am done with them.

Reactions: P..DR..D

ornateLover

2/8/20

I always wonder what “the contract on the 4130” means in the Chinese rep industry. I guess the organized crime manufactures have long and complicated manufacturing and supply lines they have to honor just like in any other powerhouse Chinese manufacturing industry?

it’s just hard for me to picture that there is some manufacturer out there that is refusing to make 4130 reps because a rep maker/integrator that doesn’t exist any more has the IP under contract.

Reactions: Ylijumala

ornateLover

2/8/20
Maybe the margins are just to small/investment to large to justify 4130 Daytona reps right now. That seems like a more believable story

Reactions: weezkid

Bendori

2/5/16
Is there ANY PLACE I can get a noob daytona from anymore? I've contacted like 10 TDs but no luck...