• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Here it is.. I stick the bracelet onto the base part, solid so it wont move, then you brush it with the top part, it leaves perfect straight brushed lines. Sure it has it's limitations but it does a really great job - for nothing.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Here it is.. I stick the bracelet onto the base part, solid so it wont move, then you brush it with the top part, it leaves perfect straight brushed lines. Sure it has it's limitations but it does a really great job - for nothing.

Brilliant little jig! Is that a blue scotchbrite pad? What grit is it?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Not sure, green I think, it’s not real scotchbrite, these are cheap dishwashing sponges I tore up.. works well. I did my gen Sub with it..
jZd8Ao.jpg

Last edited:

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Not sure, green I think, it’s not real scotchbrite, these are cheap dishwashing sponges I tore up.. works well. I did my gen Sub with it..

Wow, nice job on the sub bracelet! I definitely will be making one of those jigs ASAP!

subaddict

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/18
My v4 with ARF v2 Dial and cousins gasket :D

Last edited:

tlander13

1/11/20
USA
Just received this beaut - I had ordered / approved of the QC in April, then it sat with the TD as we were waiting on a VSF as well (which never was fulfilled and eventually canceled given the raids). Reckon it makes the watch on of the last v4's to make its way out!

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
This watch is absolutely perfect in every regard. It's comfortable, balanced, legible and it can be worn in every situation. I actually never liked the panda, but went completely 180 after experiencing it in real life. It really is a shame that Noob is gone, I'd really like another one - the 116519 on rubber ( third purchase of the same watch, I know...I wish there were pills out there to help me with this... )

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
This watch is absolutely perfect in every regard. It's comfortable, balanced, legible and it can be worn in every situation. I actually never liked the panda, but went completely 180 after experiencing it in real life. It really is a shame that Noob is gone, I'd really like another one - the 116519 on rubber ( third purchase of the same watch, I know...I wish there were pills out there to help me with this... )

I agree with you mostly, it is a damned good looking watch and I love the "old fashioned" smallish sizr.
the legibility however is pretty poor.
I use my chrono in the gym to time between sets. With my speedy it us one glance. I know the time, the elapsed time, no matter the lighting, the angle, etc.
With the Panda I am always squinting looking again, see if I got it right, changing the angle so the brightness doesn't hit it etc.
Perhaps the black dial is better in that regard but I do find the panda prettiest ....

and don't get me started on the scew in pushers ...
why ...,???

Reactions: mraccountant

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I get what you're saying and agree 100%. This is why I have multiple watches that serve different purposes. I don't think that a Daytona was ever intended to be a gym watch.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend one of these, Garmin Tactix Delta sapphire Solar:

Sapphire crystal, solar charging, very light and comfortable and most of all - you can see what's going on. The one that I'd recommend even more is on the opposite side of the price spectrum - the Garmin Instinct solar. That must be the most legible sports watch I've ever encountered.
​​​​​

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Still no news on Noob ever coming back?

No news is good news, but sorry to say this one is a lost cause!

My guess (not that I know anything at all) but I think another maker will take over the movement contract and take Noob's place for the Daytona. When? I have no idea, as you know they have to buy a gen piece, and reverse engineer it etc.

Reactions: tlander13

subaddict

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/18
Hi guys,

Is it normal NOOB clasp or ARF clasp to always make clicking sound when we’re not wearing or while holding the watch?
For mine it always has this noisy clicking sound.
Is there anyway to fix this?

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Hi guys,

Is it normal NOOB clasp or ARF clasp to always make clicking sound when we’re not wearing or while holding the watch?
For mine it always has this noisy clicking sound.
Is there anyway to fix this?

its perfectly normal mate..even gens do the same.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I get what you're saying and agree 100%. This is why I have multiple watches that serve different purposes. I don't think that a Daytona was ever intended to be a gym watch.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend one of these, Garmin Tactix Delta sapphire Solar:

Sapphire crystal, solar charging, very light and comfortable and most of all - you can see what's going on. The one that I'd recommend even more is on the opposite side of the price spectrum - the Garmin Instinct solar. That must be the most legible sports watch I've ever encountered.
​​​​​

yeh I heard good things about those garmins but when I wear that to the gym I can't wear my Daytona! Or my Speedy. (Or my El Prim, tempted, must resist .... )
The Daytona was meant to track lap times around the track.
When the Daytona (and the Speedy, and the El Prim, and the Monaco bla bla bla) there were no digital watches.
I don't wear a digital watch to work or to the mall to keep time, why would I wear one to the gym?
My GF gave me a fitbit when I started running last spring with Covid. It was great because it would measure my distance, speed, etc. Until my knees said no mas. Now it's collecting dust in a drawer. Yet I still wore my analog chrono next to it on my wrist.
I am an analog wind up man man! WInd baby wind!!