• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Hi Guys

For those who bought the Noob 4130 what about reliability after one year?

Many watchmakers said that noob 4130 is best rep movement that exist… but that doesnt mean that yours will be best,they are reps,but overral best rep movement

Reactions: werdn

werdn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/18
Hey, when you guys wind your crown, how smooth is it supposed to be. For me, it is kinda gritty clockwise, but smooth CCW. Is that normal? And it gets harder to wind as I wind it x amount of times when dead.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Hey, wenn ihr eure Krone aufzieht, wie glatt soll es sein. Für mich ist es etwas grobkörnig im Uhrzeigersinn, aber glatt gegen den Uhrzeigersinn. Ist das normal? Und es wird schwieriger zu wickeln, da ich es x-mal aufwickle, wenn es tot ist.

Get it lubed...

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
I get a dead automatic watch moving again by spinning it around so the rotor winds it, as some automatic movements are not really designed to be manually wound (ETA).

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Hi Guys
For those who bought the Noob 4130 what about reliability after one year?

My Noob v2.2 is still running perfect for well over 12 months already. Still keeps perfect time and the winding on it is still super super smooth. Feels gen like actually. Chrono works perfectly also.

Reactions: eltyrannos

dwjpaypal

Renowned Member
Certified
24/9/10
Hi all,

managed to pick up a V3 this morning, really happy.

One thing from the pics seems to be that the bracelet is a little scratched up and bezel seems pretty dark.

Is there anyone I can send to (in the UK) who can refinish the bracelet?

Thanks
Dave

eltyrannos

18/10/11
My Noob v2.2 is still running perfect for well over 12 months already. Still keeps perfect time and the winding on it is still super super smooth. Feels gen like actually. Chrono works perfectly also.

Thanks for your feedback, I wanted to go for the ARF 116520 V2 with non working chronos for reliability purpose, but I guess I should try this 4130 clone from Noob.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Hi all,

managed to pick up a V3 this morning, really happy.

One thing from the pics seems to be that the bracelet is a little scratched up and bezel seems pretty dark.

Is there anyone I can send to (in the UK) who can refinish the bracelet?

Thanks
Dave

You can DIY, it’s easy.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
You can DIY, it’s easy.

No problem with Cape Cod on shiny areas after protecting the satin parts with adhesive tape. On the other hand, in the satin areas where you work with very fine sandpaper, after having protected the shiny parts, it is difficult to go straight by hand. Professionals use a belt polishing machine.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
bbeeb55d9089b36b40f698f4b387512e.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
No problem with Cape Cod on shiny areas after protecting the satin parts with adhesive tape. On the other hand, in the satin areas where you work with very fine sandpaper, after having protected the shiny parts, it is difficult to go straight by hand. Professionals use a belt polishing machine.

I don't have a belt sander but I do have a (homemade DIY) tool to make sure the brushed finish is perfectly straight. The guides are all online.

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
CF bezel reflection , got it from [mention]Rubberman [/mention]

199bf1c46207d2b4bca9167ea8561334.png

9bd022cdf215bd90177c499caba0db2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ettorefranco

gpvecchi

4/7/12

Please define fine sandpaper...

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Please define fine sandpaper...

It depends on the depth of the scratches. If they are light, I use the 800 grain, if instead they are marked first 600 and then 800 (the satin finish of the bracelet is quite subtle). But as I said, by hand, it is difficult to go straight. Be careful!
I'm very curious how StreetFighter solved with his homemade method. It would be very useful.

Reactions: gpvecchi

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
The method I used was Scotchbrite on the table, and move the bracelet over it linerally. Easy to keep it straight then. I used green, but this was on the clasp of my gen vintage DJ, I would say that the Daytona requires a finer grit (just look up the chart).

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
The method I used was Scotchbrite on the table, and move the bracelet over it linerally. Easy to keep it straight then. I used green, but this was on the clasp of my gen vintage DJ, I would say that the Daytona requires a finer grit (just look up the chart).

Good idea! You could also use a sheet of sandpaper placed on the table and then slide the bracelet with the help of a thick ruler. In this case, the bracelet must be completely disassembled. Also I would apply thick tape to the back of the bracelet to make it more rigid in order to be able to impart more force distributed in the sliding

Last edited: