• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Giellea

Patron
Certified
17/5/18
Italy
For many users the Cf bezel is superior to the Noob bezel, I am waiting to receive it to judge it. ;)

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Bezels are even harder to photograph consistently and even gen bezels look "flat" under artificial lighting. Many rate the v4 Noob bezel above the CF but to my mind they are all pretty exceptional and much less of a tell on the wrist than fat or thin subdials, particularly on the white dials.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Very informative, thank you for posting. Does the same guidance apply to the black dial version?

To be honest, i haven't put a lot of effort into the black dial. But from what i understand you want a ARF v1 with correct sized subdials. All the flaws from the white noob dial is also the flaws on the black noob dial (and it has shiny subdials)

Reactions: Roguetheory

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
If I get a spare minute over the weekend I will take some controlled studio photos of the various bezels - I have Noob v2, v3, v4 and gen to hand at the moment

Giellea

Patron
Certified
17/5/18
Italy
Bezels are even harder to photograph consistently and even gen bezels look "flat" under artificial lighting. Many rate the v4 Noob bezel above the CF but to my mind they are all pretty exceptional and much less of a tell on the wrist than fat or thin subdials, particularly on the white dials.

Is the V4 bezel superior to the Cf bezel for you?

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
To be honest, i haven't put a lot of effort into the black dial. But from what i understand you want a ARF v1 with correct sized subdials. All the flaws from the white noob dial is also the flaws on the black noob dial (and it has shiny subdials)

Great, good to know. Do you happen to have an image of a correct V1 Black Dial?

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
It varies between TDs but around $125 for the CF. Not sure what you'd get for the Noob v4 but there have been a few recently in M2M

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
My white dial came in and I'm incredibly happy with it.

The only thing is this is my first easylink clasp and I'm not actually sure how to adjust it lol.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Regarding the debate between ARF and NOOB V4 dials :

1) 5 lines font thinkness :
Here is a comparision between some gen APH 116520 dials :

APH-comp1.jpg

2) Subdial thickness :
ARF has made 2 dials . One has thin subdial rings, the other has thicker ones, but even the thicker ones are not as thick as the gen's :

arf-thineer-than-gen.jpg

3) ARF hour counter :
The 12 seem to be too much to the right .

12-subdial.jpg

4) ARF minute counter :
The 5 , 15 and the 25 min lines are too short - OBVIOUS TELL !

arf.jpg

5) Dial markers :

The hour markes are a bit bigger than the genuine ones and thus look a bit different.
The coronet is also worse than the noob one .

CONCLUSION :

Now don't get me wrong , I'm not trying to bash the ARF in any way , i'm just pointing out some flaws .
The ARF is with no doubt a good candidate but requires a lot of moding : feet shaving, diameter adjusting, mounting new feet and maybe replacing the markers .

And even after all this work, the minute counter will still be a straight tell .

On the other hand, the noob v4 panda dial, if you're lucky enaugh, you might get a wonderful example , like this one :

5bf573b8c42065c9a822389150a19ff1.jpg

I am still waiting to receive this noob dial. Only then i will be able to really know how good it looks in person.

Meanwhile :

I've made a simple jig for the dremel to spin and shave the ARF dial i have :

Whats-App-Image-2020-12-02-at-22-07-39.jpg

Here it is after shaving next to a noob dial :

arf-trimmed.jpg

And here are the new feet in the correct position for 4130 :

FEET.jpg

Next ... gen coronet

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
ARF has made 2 dials . One has thin subdial rings, the other has thicker ones, but even the thicker ones are not as thick as the gen's :

Your ARF dial is not thickness correct. Your version is with middle thick counters.

Reactions: 2841