• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
This happened today!
33b460579d5b41e0f27c943a6cd3c09a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
My QC pics came today and while its my first rep purchase I don't see any glaring issues. That being said if you feel like taking a look to advise that would be great.
This is against the rules. Suggest you go have a read of the forum rules regarding QC pics.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
My QC pics came today and while its my first rep purchase I don't see any glaring issues. That being said if you feel like taking a look to advise that would be great.
Nice thread hijack with your QC photos mate.

You - and the others who replied to you with their opinions on them - need to pop off and read the rules regarding posting QC pics.

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA

Take a better look for your own good!
Two different watches in qc pics, one has running chronos other is stopped and not main chrono hand/crown are mis aligned. Just reject it!

TheLetterH

Horology Curious
2/11/20
Take a better look for your own good!
Two different watches in qc pics, one has running chronos other is stopped and not main chrono hand/crown are mis aligned. Just reject it!

Your totally right. I will just post pics saying I GL and then let you all nit pick it.

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Just put in my order, in my unrefined opinion, I think this looks fantastic and will have my soul crushed when I go through the other 100 pages again and find out what's wrong about it.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Has anyone here had any breakdowns of the chronograph?

I'm disappointed that for near $700 we don't get a reliable timer. I use the timer bezel on my Subs every day, mainly for cooking..

If my new V4 Daytona does go wrong, what are the options for getting the chrono fixed?

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
Has anyone here had any breakdowns of the chronograph?

I'm disappointed that for near $700 we don't get a reliable timer. I use the timer bezel on my Subs every day, mainly for cooking..

If my new V4 Daytona does go wrong, what are the options for getting the chrono fixed?

I had my V3 serviced immediately after I received it : it was not working when I opened the package coming from China.
After the service, the watch behaves perfectly, I even had the chrono running for more than 12 hours, and I use is regularly.
If the chrono or anything fails in the future, I'll just get it serviced.
The cool thing is that all movement parts can be swapped with GEN parts, so it's quite easy to repair (but it can be pricey for some parts).
You also have the option to buy another Noob (V3 or V4) to have another 4130 movement in case you need parts and the GEN are too expensive.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
No you don't. I've worn a 116519 for 6 months, 0 issues, it ran at +2/d constantly.
I think it depends.. I have 4 noob daytonas. So far I have to service one as it died on me when I ran the chrono on the 2nd day. We later find out there was rust in tbe movement.

I genuinely think is pot luck + when you got the watch as earlier ones seems to have been assembled in a better environment and with more care.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: mytux

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Would highly appreciate suggestions for moders in the USA in order to assemble ARF parts in a Noob V4 and service the movement.

Many thanks!