• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
What's the consensus on the crown guards on the Noob V4?
Do I see them with slightly less definition than genuine? Do the ARF Daytona crown guards look more angular and defined/closer?

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Oh i would just throw that in the garbage bin! Absolutely unwearable.....

Ha ha ha. Good one mate.
Same opinion here. Should go to an AD and call the police.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
What's the consensus on the crown guards on the Noob V4?
Do I see them with slightly less definition than genuine? Do the ARF Daytona crown guards look more angular and defined/closer?

Also, just been reading through the thread and found this..

..I use the timer on my Submariners nearly everyday.. is the 4130 in the V4 really so unreliable as a timer? This is a a major downer..

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
is the 4130 in the V4 really so unreliable as a timer? This is a a major downer..
Chrono complications are called complications with good reason. There’s more tiny moving parts than in a regular movement, and therefore more potential for issues. This becomes even more likely when you’re dealing with a Chinese clone movement, put together by a worker in less than clean room conditions, who possibly lacks a deep sense of pride in their work.

More often than not, if these movements are stripped and serviced by someone who does have pride in what they do, they find all sorts of crap lurking inside it, and a lack of proper lubrication.

If you do want to use the watch in your role as adjudicator at the World competitive egg boiling championships, it might be a good idea to get it serviced first (and still have your smartphone to hand as a backup, just in case).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: tdx18

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Also, just been reading through the thread and found this..

..I use the timer on my Submariners nearly everyday.. is the 4130 in the V4 really so unreliable as a timer? This is a a major downer..

There are few threads about reliable. Not much about timer

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
hmm ok.. near $700 for a chronograph that may or may not implode.

I wish rep companies would continue to improve, but with giving us quality instead of aesthetics- which are nearly peaked. I have had many broken reps in the past, all watches that cost $$$.. for our money we should expect better quality. If Seiko can sell you a quality watch with a complications that will work for decades for the same money, why can't Noob do the same - add more quality with the budget they save on not being a huge brand (marketing, innovating) etc??

Waiting on QC for my V4 black. I'll update with QC as and when!

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
This watch confuses me :)

You have a aftermarket dial that does not have a correct 116500 layout, but more correct to the 116520, and you have 116500 bezel.... And you are advising people what's "gen like" :)

LOL.
i will write down the spec.
it is almost all gen parts, not after market hahahah
Gen dial 116520
Gen hands chromalight blue
Gen bezel 116520 which i keep it and i use CF bezel 116500
Gen pusher
Gen crown and tube
Gen crystal and gasket
Gen backcase
Gen movement 4130
NOOB Case (middle case only)
After market endlink
Rubber b strap
ARF clasp
20200916-184554.jpg

this is my super franken with 95% Gen parts ,thats why i know what gen looks like.
im not advising bullshit, LOL
I have some gen watches which i already post pict as well in a right thread. When i comments or advise, it is in the positive ways, because im sure everyone here wants the best watch they can get.
like i said the pusher is too long, and he said it was the angle, thats fine with me.
He is the one who wear the watch not me, if he dont want to admit it, thats not my problem at all. Peace :)

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
Hi guys
all TD price Daytona noob v4 688$ ,but here https://yourwatch.io/ 619$ and they offer -10% for all purchases so its 557$
your watch is in new/probationary trusted dealers, anyone have any experience with your watch ??

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
This watch confuses me :)

You have a aftermarket dial that does not have a correct 116500 layout, but more correct to the 116520, and you have 116500 bezel.... And you are advising people what's "gen like" :)

I kinda surprise as your title is daytona connoisseur means that you are an expert of daytona. But you cant tell gen dial of daytona, LOL

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I kinda surprise as your title is daytona connoisseur means that you are an expert of daytona. But you cant tell gen dial of daytona, LOL

No need to be surprised cupcake, I’m not used to seeing those old school 116520 dials. And to be honest, they look very much like those crappy aftermarket dials you see on eBay.

I was mostly just thrown off by that mess of a watch, haven’t quite seen a Daytona with so many different parts that didn’t fit together. But hey, if you like it like that, enjoy :)

Last edited:

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
No need to be surprised cupcake, I’m not used to seeing those old school 116520 dials. And to be honest, they look very much like those crappy aftermarket dials you see on eBay.

I was mostly just thrown off by that mess of a watch, haven’t quite seen a Daytona with so many different parts that didn’t fit together. But hey, if you like it like that, enjoy :)

Yes, i enjoy it, cupcake ,,, thank you :)

Reactions: OverTheTop and 2841

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
hmm ok.. near $700 for a chronograph that may or may not implode.

I wish rep companies would continue to improve, but with giving us quality instead of aesthetics- which are nearly peaked. I have had many broken reps in the past, all watches that cost $$$.. for our money we should expect better quality. If Seiko can sell you a quality watch with a complications that will work for decades for the same money, why can't Noob do the same - add more quality with the budget they save on not being a huge brand (marketing, innovating) etc??

Waiting on QC for my V4 black. I'll update with QC as and when!

If noob watch works for 10 years like Seiko, then who would buy their products every 6 months?

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I think like you bro, I like the bold one too, but I believe no 116500 has ever had a dial like the one on the right. The Daytona lettering has the 116520 font and the 5 lines are too thin, even for a 2016 Daytona 116500. That dial looks a lot like the Noob 116500 Asia 7750

The thing is with dials, there are many silent update & variations by Rolex over years, for anyone it would be hard to say if your dial is correct or not. As we are seeing now people are coming across pics of bolder font dial Gens. So maybe it’s not worth worrying about too much.

I’d say ,To the eye fatter font isn’t as nice though gen or rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Thanks for your insight.

Really on the fence here.. not sure whether white or black, my heart says black with the ceramic bezel but I know i'd also like white and maybe even with a with stainless bezel too.

I'm fussy: the things that are important to me above all else is the shape of the case and crown guards and the quality of the bracelet and clasp and overall feel of the watch.. and a good movement that is not going to offer some degree of reliability. What do you enthusiasts recommend I get to satisfy my needs? black, white, ceramic, stainless, arf noob?

Thanks for your help! Ordering this evening before I change my mind!

ARF white or black if that’s the case, it looks and feels premium albeit without the gen functionalities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
The thing is with dials, there are many silent update & variations by Rolex over years, for anyone it would be hard to say if your dial is correct or not. As we are seeing now people are coming across pics of bolder font dial Gens. So maybe it’s not worth worrying about too much.

I’d say ,To the eye fatter font isn’t as nice though gen or rep.

Bold or not bold, that is the question.

You may like it or not, but as I wrote previously in a post, if you are lucky enough to receive a brand new genuine Daytona with white dial from your Rolex dealer and if this watch has bold lettering, then what do you do? I don't think you will have a thin lettering dial fitted, but you will keep your fucking bold lettering dial :)

Reactions: Luvwatch

StevieH

Known Member
14/1/19
I purchased a white dial one and here are the QC pix

Still waiting for it to arrive.

Z5CEjI.jpg
Z5CNIc.jpg
Z5Cvu4.jpg
Z5Cu6j.jpg
Z5CRdX.jpg
Z5CfJi.jpg