• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Luvwatch

21/8/14
I'm not seeing it can you guys explain it better for me?

Buddy, the one in the left is gen, the right is the TD QC pic.
The thickness of the three silver subdials are a tiny bit thicker compare to the QC pic.
V4 should be thicker. I’m not saying it’s not a V4, but the subdials are a bit thin.

Have in mind that apart from the thickness the shine in the black dial’s silver subdials is not exact as in the gen.
The gen has a subtle shine while the noob shines a bit more, bit has not so great subdial printing, and the ARF shines even more but has great overall printing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jonlangley

Jonlangley

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/20
Thanks guys I see it now.

Other than that how does everything else look dial wise?

rg01

Horology Curious
2/10/20
Hi Guys.

Newbie here - a week ago I just posted about my first ever rep purchase.

So I was saving for a Tag 160th Anniv and got a call from a dealer (see pic) for USD6.7K - but a day earlier I chanced upon a Noob Daytona via a local rep dealer that is "fresh batch" for USD900. I know it's a good USD200+ (perhaps owing to delivery and profit) more from a TD but man when I saw and wear it I was convinced. Long story short I bought it and the same time cured my itch for the Tag. Question though, can anyone tell me whether what I bought was a V3 or V4?

Thanks!

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Hi Guys.

Newbie here - a week ago I just posted about my first ever rep purchase.

So I was saving for a Tag 160th Anniv and got a call from a dealer (see pic) for USD6.7K - but a day earlier I chanced upon a Noob Daytona via a local rep dealer that is "fresh batch" for USD900. I know it's a good USD200+ (perhaps owing to delivery and profit) more from a TD but man when I saw and wear it I was convinced. Long story short I bought it and the same time cured my itch for the Tag. Question though, can anyone tell me whether what I bought was a V3 or V4?

Thanks!

Congrats on the watches.
The Noob has skinny subdials. It’s definitely not a V4 IMO.
I would swap the dial for a ARF and put a CF Bezel, with that your good to go.

seansg

Looking Around
1/11/20
Hi Guys, I would like to seek opinion on whether the bezel on this noob v3. I find the words a little too white and engraving too deep. Can I get some opinions on this? I'm undecided between accepting this or getting a CF bezel at $150. Thanks in advance.
ZecUut.jpg
Zecaj2.jpg

Last edited:

rg01

Horology Curious
2/10/20
Congrats on the watches.
The Noob has skinny subdials. It’s definitely not a V4 IMO.
I would swap the dial for a ARF and put a CF Bezel, with that your good to go.

Thank you. In any case, I love it and the movement is within 2-3+ seconds accurate and the chrono works like a charm. I hope its stable in the long run but I don't worry much as I know a watch smith who can service it =)

Reactions: Luvwatch

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Hi Guys, I would like to seek opinion on whether the bezel on this noob v3. I find the words a little too white and engraving too deep. Can I get some opinions on this? I'm undecided between accepting this or getting a CF bezel at $150. Thanks in advance.
ZecUut.jpg
Zecaj2.jpg

It is perfect bro!!!!!!!

seansg

Looking Around
1/11/20
It is perfect bro!!!!!!!

Thanks bro, im quite a newbie at this and still trying to navigate this scene. A friend of my duly pointed out though that the subdials are too thin and recommend me changing to the ARF dial if possible too!

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Thanks bro, im quite a newbie at this and still trying to navigate this scene. A friend of my duly pointed out though that the subdials are too thin and recommend me changing to the ARF dial if possible too!

Subdials too thin????? 116519 Noob dial is perfect bro. The best Daytona dial from reps together with Noob 116518 Paul Newman dial!

Last edited:
Reactions: BOSSK

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
Hi Guys , please let me know how to adjust this clasp before i break it thats noob 116519 , thank you

gravec

25/5/20
Either squeeze the spring bar out and punt in one slot to the right / left, or use the glidelock system? As far as I know the clasp works like every glidlock clasp from rolex...