• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Very easy. You got the same problem on the sub clasp as well. The gen and rep has slightly different dimension, the Gen does not touch the bracelet when open like the rep does, so you just have to brush the edge of the middle section down a bit. 10 min job. Take the locking clash off, sand it down, pop it back on

Interesting.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
^^^^ With the stickers still on?? Fresh! :D

And it will stay like this too, I don't think this is a watch for me and will probably hit M2M soon. I find it a bit too small and delicate with all those polished parts. I like to keep them minty fresh and this one will be a handful. I think it would scratch just by looking at it. It's a shame though, because I got an exemplary unit, everything is perfectly aligned..

IMG-20201101-143111.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobi01

tonydel11

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/20
The V4 Noob Daytona is my 3rd REP Daytona panda and I am very happy with it. The first two I got I was not happy with and always wanted to mod them. But because I couldn’t find a good watchmaker in my city (Dubai) I could not mod them. I never even wore them because they felt rep and were an easy spot on. I was not comfortable wearing them in public.

But the V4 is different.

The flaws are not noticeable unless you look for them through a microscope and compare them with a GEN. Even the comparison we do by taking a photo of our rep and comparing it to a GEN photo online. That’s not accurate because of the different lighting, different camera and also angle of the shot.

In my opinion:

1) The Daytona red color is very GEN like. Yes its a tiny bit high but it’s not noticeable at all on the wrist.

2) The 5 lines text is great because there are GEN dials that are very close to it. Again, Rolex keeps on changing the dials so you will never be able to catch up. If you decide to change the dial to an ARF then it’s your choice but trust me you don’t have to.

3) The bezel is also very GEN like and many people who own both the V4 and CF bezel say that the difference is hardly noticeable. Both bezels have their flaws in low or high lighting but both dials are GEN like.

For me if the flaws are not noticeable unless you put a GEN next to it and you spend 30 seconds trying to find a flaw then the rep is amazingly done and is worth every penny.

Guys we are only spending $700 for a $28,000 watch. The watch looks very GEN like and the movement is also great and reliable.

In my opinion anyone who wants a Daytona should buy the V4 and not mod it because it’s not worth spending more money on tiny details that are not easily noticeable on the wrist.

Buy it and enjoy the compliments!

bb1620359b36653d53c7a2e9be2cd3b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well put and THANK YOU! I couldn’t agree more. Most seem to be splitting hairs most of the time. I don’t do that with any “flaws” on my GEN’s so why would I with my REPs. I think the psychology behind all of it creates a lot of unneeded concern .... though these desires and attention to details IS what causes the factories to produce such high quality REPs. I say strap it on and keep on trucking in confidence and enjoy each beautiful piece we’ve treated ourselves to.

Sent from the RWI App

tonydel11

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/20
The V4 Noob Daytona is my 3rd REP Daytona panda and I am very happy with it. The first two I got I was not happy with and always wanted to mod them. But because I couldn’t find a good watchmaker in my city (Dubai) I could not mod them. I never even wore them because they felt rep and were an easy spot on. I was not comfortable wearing them in public.

But the V4 is different.

The flaws are not noticeable unless you look for them through a microscope and compare them with a GEN. Even the comparison we do by taking a photo of our rep and comparing it to a GEN photo online. That’s not accurate because of the different lighting, different camera and also angle of the shot.

In my opinion:

1) The Daytona red color is very GEN like. Yes its a tiny bit high but it’s not noticeable at all on the wrist.

2) The 5 lines text is great because there are GEN dials that are very close to it. Again, Rolex keeps on changing the dials so you will never be able to catch up. If you decide to change the dial to an ARF then it’s your choice but trust me you don’t have to.

3) The bezel is also very GEN like and many people who own both the V4 and CF bezel say that the difference is hardly noticeable. Both bezels have their flaws in low or high lighting but both dials are GEN like.

For me if the flaws are not noticeable unless you put a GEN next to it and you spend 30 seconds trying to find a flaw then the rep is amazingly done and is worth every penny.

Guys we are only spending $700 for a $28,000 watch. The watch looks very GEN like and the movement is also great and reliable.

In my opinion anyone who wants a Daytona should buy the V4 and not mod it because it’s not worth spending more money on tiny details that are not easily noticeable on the wrist.

Buy it and enjoy the compliments!

bb1620359b36653d53c7a2e9be2cd3b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. We’re splitting hairs here. I don’t study my GENs under a loupe or microscope for their flaws (which are sometimes more noticeable than some REPs) so why would I do that with my REPs. I say strap it on and enjoys the beauty you’ve treated yourself to in confidence and keep trucking.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: RiffRalf

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
I agree. We’re splitting hairs here. I don’t study my GENs under a loupe or microscope for their flaws (which are sometimes more noticeable than some REPs) so why would I do that with my REPs. I say strap it on and enjoys the beauty you’ve treated yourself to in confidence and keep trucking.

That's right, I know the flaws of mine but I don't care, because when I put it on my wrist I don't see them and it looks perfect.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Very easy. You got the same problem on the sub clasp as well. The gen and rep has slightly different dimension, the Gen does not touch the bracelet when open like the rep does, so you just have to brush the edge of the middle section down a bit. 10 min job. Take the locking clash off, sand it down, pop it back on

Maybe i understand but still will touch the bracelet isnt that right?

TheLetterH

Horology Curious
2/11/20
I have orders a V4 Panda from Trusty. Still waiting in QC pics. This is my first post and purchase after research. Good timing the V4 just came out when ready to learn more and purchase.

Can I post QC pics here in the proper format or should i make a thread just for it?

Thanks
H

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16
I have orders a V4 Panda from Trusty. Still waiting in QC pics. This is my first post and purchase after research. Good timing the V4 just came out when ready to learn more and purchase.

Can I post QC pics here in the proper format or should i make a thread just for it?

Thanks
H

As you’re new, welcome! However have a read of the rules re positing QC pictures.

You can only post if your have a specific concern or question about the watch, don’t post expecting the rest of us to QC your watch for you. If you have accepted however you can upload the images for the rest of us to enjoy these great pieces. Enjoy!

Reactions: TheLetterH

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
As you’re new, welcome! However have a read of the rules re positing QC pictures.

You can only post if your have a specific concern or question about the watch, don’t post expecting the rest of us to QC your watch for you. If you have accepted however you can upload the images for the rest of us to enjoy these great pieces. Enjoy!

Then again we all like to see QC pics so just come up with something like "do you think the SELs are allright?" or "do you think the bezel is 0.00001 degrees off center?" ..... :p

Reactions: TheLetterH

Luvwatch

21/8/14
That's right, I know the flaws of mine but I don't care, because when I put it on my wrist I don't see them and it looks perfect.

Congrats mate. Looks beautiful! ARF dial?
The printing looks pretty good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
It looks as a pretty good dial to me. I don’t see the subdials being to thin. How do you identify it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He’s right, they are to thin. Take a look at the gen, it’s pretty obvious

Reactions: Luvwatch