• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

gpvecchi

4/7/12
Guys, I got my V4. Mine has shorter hands, like gen. The minute hands touches the minute markers, it doesn't cover them.
I'm not sure if I have the high Daytona text: I checked it with trasversal light source, it sits exactly where the subdial radius starts, you can see a hair like thin line.
Somebody with low Daytona, may please check where it starts?

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Guys, I got my V4. Mine has shorter hands, like gen. The minute hands touches the minute markers, it doesn't cover them.
I'm not sure if I have the high Daytona text: I checked it with trasversal light source, it sits exactly where the subdial radius starts, you can see a hair like thin line.
Somebody with low Daytona, may please check where it starts?

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
Despite having bought the Noob V4 panda that I am quite happy with, I have great nostalgia for my gen 116520 black dial that was stolen from me. I was thinking about buying the Noob with the 4130 movement as well. I haven't read any great comments about it, what do you think, is it a worthy purchase? Thanks for your advice.

I don’t think they have released the 116520 v4 yet. Someone correct me please if I’m wrong.

Sent from the RWI App

BeachHorse

Looking Around
31/10/20
I just placed an order for the Noob V4 the other day and the QC pictures just arrived. I'm so dissapointed. Bezel is a dead giveaway. It's not even a Noob. Just a poor replica.

Seller is insisting they look the same as the bullshots he first sent me.
ZeTPaY.jpg

Below are pictures of the actual watch he was going to send me:
ZeTBjE.jpg

ZeTlk3.jpg

ZeTpJs.jpg

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I just placed an order for the Noob V4 the other day and the QC pictures just arrived. I'm so dissapointed. Bezel is a dead giveaway. It's not even a Noob. Just a poor replica.

ZeTPaY.jpg

ZeTBjE.jpg

ZeTlk3.jpg

ZeTpJs.jpg

Wow.... yeah, no way to sugarcoat it... that is bad! Like garbage can bad.

dust yourself off, chalk it up as experience, and order a proper watch trough one of the TD’s

BeachHorse

Looking Around
31/10/20
Wow.... yeah, no way to sugarcoat it... that is bad! Like garbage can bad.

dust yourself off, chalk it up as experience, and order a proper watch trough one of the TD’s

As much as I'd want to order from a TD, I cannot. I've done it before and customs intercepted the parcel. I'm ordering this from China via Shopee, which is very similar to Amazon. There is almost no chance that customs will be able to intercept it because theh have their own logistics network with their own, special process.

I also get protection since Shopee holds the money in escrow. Luckily, I didn't have to go through that as the seller as agreed to just let me cancel the order instead of filing a dispute.

seansg

Looking Around
1/11/20
Hello guys, thanks for all the input. I've read through all 89 pages of this this before making the decision to buy a 116519. I didnt want to get the panda v4 because of the hassle to franken ARF dial and CF bezel. I've just received the pics from Li (Jtime) and i've drawn the lines to check for alignment. Would appreciate any input from old hands here on whether the dials are ok, and the overall feel of the bezel. i'm undecided if I should change to CF bezel (Li says he is able to do it). THank you in advance.
Zed59j.jpg
ZedeK1.jpg
ZedANv.jpg

Hq6gQmt
Hq6gQmt

Last edited:

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Is not allowed posting QC just for comments if anything wrong

You must have a specific question

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
As much as I'd want to order from a TD, I cannot. I've done it before and customs intercepted the parcel. I'm ordering this from China via Shopee, which is very similar to Amazon. There is almost no chance that customs will be able to intercept it because theh have their own logistics network with their own, special process.

I also get protection since Shopee holds the money in escrow. Luckily, I didn't have to go through that as the seller as agreed to just let me cancel the order instead of filing a dispute.

Where in the world are you based? Interceptions/seizing does happen, but it’s rare, you may just have been unlucky. As long as you can prove it was intercepted a TD will send another at their expense.

johnysub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/18
Hello guys, thanks for all the input. I've read through all 89 pages of this this before making the decision to buy a 116519. I didnt want to get the panda v4 because of the hassle to franken ARF dial and CF bezel. I've just received the pics from Li (Jtime) and i've drawn the lines to check for alignment. Would appreciate any input from old hands here on whether the dials are ok, and the overall feel of the bezel. i'm undecided if I should change to CF bezel (Li says he is able to do it). THank you in advance.
Zed59j.jpg
ZedeK1.jpg
ZedANv.jpg

Hq6gQmt
Hq6gQmt

how you know that oysterflex strap lenght will fit on your wrist? do you have choise to choose size? what if will be to loose or thick?

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20

ZeTPaY.jpg

ZeTBjE.jpg

ZeTlk3.jpg

ZeTpJs.jpg

That's not even a noob.

Lol wtf

gpvecchi

4/7/12
After 1 day I already have a scratch on the bracelet, where the clasp touches the link when it's open. Nothing to do to avoid it?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
After 1 day I already have a scratch on the bracelet, where the clasp touches the link when it's open. Nothing to do to avoid it?

Refinish the clasp like gen. Its because the shape is wrong.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Is it easy job bro?

Very easy. You got the same problem on the sub clasp as well. The gen and rep has slightly different dimension, the Gen does not touch the bracelet when open like the rep does, so you just have to brush the edge of the middle section down a bit. 10 min job. Take the locking clash off, sand it down, pop it back on

gpvecchi

4/7/12
Can you please circle the part to be brushed on a photo? Thanks!
I'm talking of the part of the clasp with the coronet...

Last edited: