• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
No no don’t even try mine is the latest batch of Noob which is much better than yours and looks more GEN. It’s for sale, I will let it go for $3,000 if you want it. ????????????

Hahahaha . .

Jokes aside, yes I agree with you. The lighting and camera make a big difference.

I personally don’t care much about these small details because no one will come with a microscope and check if it’s the same as GEN or not, also Rolex is changing their dials with time.
As long as it looks GEN from one meter distance On the wrist, I am very happy with it.

Your watch is nice! Enjoy it brother.

hahaha, yes, I agree 100% with you, mate.

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20
Another picture with natural lighting. Looks way way way better than my old noob V3. Much better dial and better bezel!
I love it!
5ffba12348d48efba19546a593ab2664.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Another picture with natural lighting. Looks way way way better than my old noob V3. Much better dial and better bezel!
I love it!

Still think gen hands are a must.

Though I must say, bezel paint and the dial look slot better.

Last edited:

James2020

1/6/20
The one left is a 25,000 bucks gen, yours looks even better. Have you paid 25,000 bucks for your Noob V4? :D

Not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me or just the photo angle, the gen minute hand (left photo) seems to be shorter than the Noob minute hand. The gen minute hand doesn’t go beyond the 5-min interval chromalight markers but the noob minute hand does.

To caveat, I’m not complaining and I agree that the noob Daytona is superb value for $

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me or just the photo angle, the gen minute hand (left photo) seems to be shorter than the Noob minute hand. The gen minute hand doesn’t go beyond the 5-min interval chromalight markers but the noob minute hand does.

To caveat, I’m not complaining and I agree that the noob Daytona is superb value for $

Well, I think because the subdials are placed higher than the exact center of the hands (9 in the subdial is higher than the 9 o'clock marker).

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20

You are not wrong, Noob is longer n slightly thinner than GEN hands,
I know it cause i have both gen and noob. But its not really an issue. No one will notice IRL,,, and really2 No One will ever notice it without loupe and in 10cm distance, LOL

Anyway its a great looking watch mate Markaplan
enjoy ! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: James2020

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20
If we dig a lot in the details I am sure we will find a lot of flaws. At the end of the day it’s a Chinese factory with low quality machines trying to make a $25,000 watch for only $600.
Lol you get better value for your money from china compared to Rolex themselves. For the final product we are getting for such a low price IMO it’s amazing.

Thank you [mention]James2020 [/mention]

Luvwatch

21/8/14
I love it!

Awesome pic mate! Congrats, your watch looks great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

James2020

1/6/20
If we dig a lot in the details I am sure we will find a lot of flaws. At the end of the day it’s a Chinese factory with low quality machines trying to make a $25,000 watch for only $600.
Lol you get better value for your money from china compared to Rolex themselves. For the final product we are getting for such a low price IMO it’s amazing.

Thank you [mention]James2020 [/mention]

Well said! The noob Daytona is my fav rep and i like it so much that I have 3 of them... lolz

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I actually really like it but it just feels weird that every batch of NOOB V4 is different.

Not weird at all. Sadly Noob's quality has always been inconsistent at best, especially with the V3s.

Dials are supplied to Noob in different batches and possibly from different suppliers.

SELs can vary largely on the bracelet quality. It is likely that the cases are more consistent.
Again different batches and possibly different suppliers can result in SEL gaps. ARF has also had inconsistent SELs.

Reactions: James2020

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20
I appreciate everyone’s input. I had a collection of GEN watches and after seeing the good quality of reps on this forum I decided to sell my watches and invest the money in a business.
People know that I wear GEN watches and they know I can afford to and I want to keep it that way.

I purchased the HULK noob v11 and the quality was great. I am confident wearing it in public especially after I put it side by side next to my brothers GEN.

I am not scared that someone will spot it’s a REP while it’s on my wrist and from a one meter distance.

I am still not sure about my Daytona noob V4. I think the dial is okay. But what about the bezel? I feel like the print on the numbers of the bezel is too white, it’s flashy.
Maybe it’s only my eyes trying to compare my V4 to hundreds of GEN watches pictures online or maybe because I did not get the opportunity to compare it to a GEN side by side.
Comparing two different pictures is a hard tell. As you see in the pictures I attached different lighting makes a huge Difference.

I searched the forum to see if anyone has posted a picture of both GEN and V4 side by side and I haven’t been successful finding one.

I attached two pictures, one with normal warm home lighting and one with the phone flash light.

Any input will be highly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.

b7eaa90e8e8a262a8cb73c53d7acc9c2.jpg

a647956fb754cac46a3a8de2e890543c.jpg

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
For me the most noticeable mistake is still the red Daytona lettering. This is obviously still printed too high.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I appreciate everyone’s input. I had a collection of GEN watches and after seeing the good quality of reps on this forum I decided to sell my watches and invest the money in a business.
People know that I wear GEN watches and they know I can afford to and I want to keep it that way.

I purchased the HULK noob v11 and the quality was great. I am confident wearing it in public especially after I put it side by side next to my brothers GEN.

I am not scared that someone will spot it’s a REP while it’s on my wrist and from a one meter distance.

I am still not sure about my Daytona noob V4. I think the dial is okay. But what about the bezel? I feel like the print on the numbers of the bezel is too white, it’s flashy.
Maybe it’s only my eyes trying to compare my V4 to hundreds of GEN watches pictures online or maybe because I did not get the opportunity to compare it to a GEN side by side.
Comparing two different pictures is a hard tell. As you see in the pictures I attached different lighting makes a huge Difference.

I searched the forum to see if anyone has posted a picture of both GEN and V4 side by side and I haven’t been successful finding one.

I attached two pictures, one with normal warm home lighting and one with the phone flash light.

Any input will be highly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.

b7eaa90e8e8a262a8cb73c53d7acc9c2.jpg

a647956fb754cac46a3a8de2e890543c.jpg

Bro your bezel is simply amazing and very genlike..gen also have more white engraving than te old v3 in low light..v3 goes little too dark and they improoved it on v4,it is genlike dont worry

uberkoen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/20
Hi guys,

Would appreciate some advice. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger of a Noobv4 black dial 116500 with CF bezel and an Arf Bracelet. Looking to hear opinion on how this would come out? Also, I'm not changing the crystal. Anyone know how good the noob crystal is? Anything else you guys would recommend changing?

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20
Bro your bezel is simply amazing and very genlike..gen also have more white engraving than te old v3 in low light..v3 goes little too dark and they improoved it on v4,it is genlike dont worry

That’s great. I will wear it with confidence now. I feel much better. Thank you!! [mention]Robi01 [/mention]

Reactions: Bobi01

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20
Go service it mate. Im sure you will be happy after that.
mine stable at +2 s/d. Only full wind 1time after the service. I wear mine almost 1 year now. Movement is very good. I have 2 daytona , 1 gen movement, 1 noob movement, both are stable.
20200823-111106.jpg

black dial gen movement
white dial noob movement

Thank you all for your valuable input.

Valentz From the picture you posted earlier, I really like your bezel. Side by side next to your GEN it looks very GEN like. Is it a CF bezel or noob? If noob is it v3?

I bought a V4 noob white dial and I like it. What do you think of V4 bezel compared to CF and GEN? I wear my V4 and people think its GEN because they know I can afford to buy a GEN and I meet people who own GEN Daytonas. Is it a quick spot ? Can people quickly spot that the bezel looks fake?

You own a GEN and your feedback is valuable.

Thank you in advance.

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
Thank you all for your valuable input.

Valentz From the picture you posted earlier, I really like your bezel. Side by side next to your GEN it looks very GEN like. Is it a CF bezel or noob? If noob is it v3?

I bought a V4 noob white dial and I like it. What do you think of V4 bezel compared to CF and GEN? I wear my V4 and people think its GEN because they know I can afford to buy a GEN and I meet people who own GEN Daytonas. Is it a quick spot ? Can people quickly spot that the bezel looks fake?

You own a GEN and your feedback is valuable.

Thank you in advance.

Hi mate.
nope mate, my black dial is franken with almost all GEN parts 116520. Not 116500. and in that picture, both watches use CF bezel.
I have CF bezel, V3 bezel and V4 bezel. V3 and CF is almost the same.
IMO CF bezel quality is Genlike. But a bit dark in low light. V4 bezel is bit whiter font and looks genlike in low light situation, both CF n V4 looks nice and genlike in strong light situation.

If you ask is it quick spot fake? of course not. I might say its imposible.
Wear with pride mate, no one will ever notice it IRL. With moving hands, surrounded light situation, distance more than 1meter and almost everyone dont care what watch that you wear, I will say NOBODY KNOWS ITS NOOB , LOL

And even though you meet someone you knew, white dial 116500 is a rare watch, I dont think they will ask you to take it off from your wrist because they want to see it, they will probably ask how long that you wait from your AD to get one?