• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
That sounds like a very sweet build. The ARF dial is still considered the best out so far, and there’s no certainty how the Noob v4 is going to come out, whether it will be stock, and whether the dial will actually be better than ARF.

Only thing I’m not sure about are the ARF hands you mentioned. I don’t believe the noob movement accepts ARF hands. But I could be wrong about this. Did the seller mod the hands?

The seller had purchased it after the mods where applied. The same question came up in that sales thread that the seller purchased it from. Someone asked if they were really ARF hands. The seller stated that the watchmaker was asked to apply the ARF hands, and whether that was done he couldn’t say other than that’s what he asked his watchmaker to do. So I dunno for sure.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
The seller had purchased it after the mods where applied. The same question came up in that sales thread that the seller purchased it from. Someone asked if they were really ARF hands. The seller stated that the watchmaker was asked to apply the ARF hands, and whether that was done he couldn’t say other than that’s what he asked his watchmaker to do. So I dunno for sure.

Even if they’re noob hands, that should be fine. You’re basically getting a noob watch with all the blemishes improved. The verdict is still out how the V4 is going to turn out. Enjoy your watch, my friend.

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
V4

58fe23f7c5affde79b818e7c9c20de4a.jpg

Futzorr

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/8/19
EU
Just talked to Andrew at Trusty Time. He says the V4 should arrive within a few weeks time. They are currently waiting for the sample stocks from Noob Factory

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Same. Just got confirmation from Andrew too.
now we need a side by side comparison between arf, noob v3 & v4

Last edited:

Get2thechopper

Known Member
19/9/18
Following upgrades on the v4 according to my supplier in China

N E W
N O OB 904L steel V4
Ref : 1 16500 L N

Updates :

1.) 4130 integrated movement, blue hairspring, imported KIF shock absorbers.
Same thickness as GEN ( only 1 in the market )

2.) Physical vapor deposition technology, and platinum powder is coated on the font of the bezel insert at high temperature to make the font color durable, and it will not fade or turn black . Better engraving of the ceramic bezel insert.

3.) Dial texture upgrade . Proper even application of the lume on all the hours markers. Delicated polishing finish on the bracelet and case

4.) All Gen parts are interchangeable, including the case, the bezel , the case back , the bracelet , and the buckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
To me it just looked like the went back to the v2.2 subdials (Only correct ones Noob ever made)

I can't really tell if they upgraded the 5 lines of print or not.

red1 what's your verdict, you are used to handling a lot of ARF dials?

Reactions: XLR8R

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

Thanks A. for posting the close-up pic. Definitely a step in the right direction. Some initial observations:
  1. Dial printing crispness has improved. Not sure if it matches the ARF but pretty close and not discernable from normal wrist distance
  2. Red color of Daytona is better
  3. The sub dial printing is great. All digits are bottom (inside) justified and look well aligned (may need a macro shot to confirm). Some ARF dials had this issue
  4. The hand pinions seem to be improved (was one of the biggest tells in the Noob). I would still go with gen hands
  5. The roundness of the markers and the shine was always an issue with Noob, this is where ARF was a step ahead. Hard to figure out from this photo if Noob has improved
  6. I don't know if it is the magnification but sub-dials seem on the thicker side to me. Need a 1x size pic to be sure
  7. The SELs have taken a step backward. v3 SELs were definitely better (more flush and no visible gaps)
  8. The bottom round shape of the coronet at 12 is wrong. Noob is too rounded, but this is easy fix with a gen one from a donor dial
  9. Still prefer the CF bezel incrementally over the Noob because of the better platinum/grey color of markers

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
According the the youku video, he said the v4 Noob panda's sundials are bad and ARF is still better. The digits of the subdials are too low and the makes the sundials look too thick.

However he said for the v4 Black Daytona, it has surpassed the ARF dial.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
According the the youku video, he said the v4 Noob panda's sundials are bad and ARF is still better. The digits of the subdials are too low and the makes the sundials look too thick.

However he said for the v4 Black Daytona, it has surpassed the ARF dial.
Just what I needed to know, I'm an LN man anyway. Awesome, thank you for sharing!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
My noob V3 from this week vs v4
Not good comparison pics though
ef884e0cef488eb2e6c9e0d58cd83d74.jpg

3ed8fe26f6727ce07b3755eb09e232f9.jpg

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
What's going on with that v4, seems to be a regress over v3, i wanted so badly to buy a panda dayto but theses pics on 1st page are so awful.

inb4 v3 gonna be the version to cop lol

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
Well, it does not have those instant-tell, far too thin subdials of the recent V3 batches anymore... Which were a no-go. And otherwise it looks - as far as can be seen from the existing pics - quite good. Let’s wait for QC pics, but I am up for this one.