• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

mac83

9/7/13
Gen dial might be the way to go with these , have seen a few on chrono24

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Yes i watched milion videos of noob,arf and gen examples of black dial and trust me i think neither arf or noob don have genlike subdials,really i like black more but im changing to white because i think it is more genlike.. arf have too matte finish and too white subdials and without shine on any angle you look at and it is white on any angle while noob have some mettalic gray-silver color subdials and on some lights look very genlike but on some lights looks very bad and chrome.. gen have some matte gray-white color but have some weird shine like a some shine coating really specific ,and goes dark grey on angles ... (arf too matte and white,noob to much shine and mettalic,gen is specific matte with some shine coating and goes both white and dark gray on different angles)

Me too. I literally have my big screen IPad next to my laptop comparing the Puretime video vs gen videos on YouTube like a professional art dealer inspecting a high value painting.

This is what I found.

White dial:
All texts on gen have a small 3D effect and the ARF doesn’t
Coronet size and markers are pretty similar in shape and size. Gen has a little better rounded edges.
Subdials seem pretty good with a similar shine
Minute and seconds lines are exact
Red tone in Daytona is different
Numbers in the subdials are ok, same shape and almost as crisp
Swiss made text looks exact

Black dial:
Coronet size and markers are pretty similar in shape and size. Gen has a little better rounded edges.
Subdials seem pretty good in terms of overall finish and size but, in a certain angle looks like aluminum and the gen has a more titanium look
The gen subdials has a very small polished outer edge less noticeable in the ARF
Red tone in Daytona is brighter and crispier in the gen. ARF is a red tone thats about 50% less intense and bolder, I think this is a major flaw. The gen is soooo nice.
Numbers in the subdials are ok, same shape and almost as crisp
Swiss made seems a bit bolder than gen

On the wrist I think the white dial looks closer to gen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bobi01

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I feel that you guys are overthinking this a bit.. The watch is small, the dial even smaller, those letters are sooooo tiny IRL. A watch on the wrist is very different to a watch on a 65" TV. I promise. There are reflections, AR is poor, your wrist is moving. And I can't imagine that someone would have the nerve to question the authenticity of your watch in public in a way that would make you uncomfortable. 0,000000001% chance of that ever happening. Unless you're a wanker trying to pass it as gen on social media, I'm pretty sure that you'll be safe.

Luvwatch

21/8/14
I feel that you guys are overthinking this a bit.. The watch is small, the dial even smaller, those letters are sooooo tiny IRL. A watch on the wrist is very different to a watch on a 65" TV. I promise. There are reflections, AR is poor, your wrist is moving. And I can't imagine that someone would have the nerve to question the authenticity of your watch in public in a way that would make you uncomfortable. 0,000000001% chance of that ever happening. Unless you're a wanker trying to pass it as gen on social media, I'm pretty sure that you'll be safe.

True thing mate, but isn’t it the amazing part of this hobbie obsessing over all this little details?

That’s where all the fun is!

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
After reading all the information and comparison here and others thread, i feel lucky i found my dial LOL.
20201017-065758.jpg
20201017-065900.jpg

Well at least i can live with the flaw. And I must agree, its very very very difficult to notice anyone authentic watch IRL, with the moving hand and surrounded light situation and more that 1meter distance from the watch. I might said its impossible.
and IF you really pay attention to someone watch more than 15second,,, be careful mate,,, people will think that you are a THIEF !!!!

Reactions: Smitty and Luvwatch

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
After reading all the information and comparison here and others thread, i feel lucky i found my dial LOL.
20201017-065758.jpg
20201017-065900.jpg

Well at least i can live with the flaw. And I must agree, its very very very difficult to notice anyone authentic watch IRL, with the moving hand and surrounded light situation and more that 1meter distance from the watch. I might said its impossible.
and IF you really pay attention to someone watch more than 15second,,, be careful mate,,, people will think that you are a THIEF !!!!

For me, that’s very easy to spot as a noob dial. But if I saw it on the wrist, I would take time, and I would have to get close.

i agree with the above statement, don’t worry to much about this, no one is gonna spot the differences we discuss here. We are a weird bunch :)

I mostly have gen watches, but I like this hobby for what it is, and I do my franken builds just for me.

bottom line is, if you like the watch, and you like the way it looks, wear it with pride, and don’t get to hung up on what a bunch of OCD guys on the internet says :)

All reps have subtle tells, especially under a lupe or a big screen. I can tell you another couple of flaws on the ARF dial that makes it VERY easy to spot as a replica, but once you see it, you can’t unsee it, so I won’t :)

Reactions: Valentz

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Haha yes, did the NARFtona mod myself then shipped it off to Mike to franken it out a bit lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats mate.
What kind of mods does Mike specialize in?

Wolf98989898

Horology Curious
9/9/19
Goodmorning everyone. QCs of a v4 noob arrived last night. I have doubts. As I can see, some points of the bezel do not correspond precisely to the hands as in the case of the 60. And in addition, I cannot distinguish if this is a v3 or v4. Thank you all

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Goodmorning everyone. QCs of a v4 noob arrived last night. I have doubts. As I can see, some points of the bezel do not correspond precisely to the hands as in the case of the 60. And in addition, I cannot distinguish if this is a v3 or v4. Thank you all

If I understand your statement correctly. Chrono hand and 60 mark wont look the same in those last 2 pic since they are totally different angle

Wolf98989898

Horology Curious
9/9/19
If I want to center the bezel through a watchmaker, can I do it? Or do I have to live with this tiny flaw? Thank you

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Yes! If I ever see you on the street wearing one, I will sneak up behind you and start yelling Nooooooob, noooooob, nooooooob, nooooob

Hahahahaahah you are everywhere in the world and sneaking behind every single man who wears noob and you cll them out looooooool

isoltech

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/20
EU
Hi so are flaws of the noob v4 callable on the wrist?

They are easy to spot, especially at wrist distance. The macro shot of the Noob v4 5 lines is looking fine, but the issue is in real life on the wrist: the fat wording is evident also at untrained eyes

Reactions: J84