• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
To me the 5 lines of text makes a huge difference:)

but at the end of the day, you pick the flaws that you can live with

And yeah what if i get thinner subdials on arf then im fucked up hahaha i cant change qc on parts

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
And yeah what if i get thinner subdials on arf then im fucked up hahaha i cant change qc on parts

I know! That’s what I’ve been dealing with the last 4 months :) I bought 2 complete ARF watches, and I just ordered 3 ARF dials :)

im getting this fucking build perfect, or I’m gonna die trying :)

I got an ARF dial now that I’m 95% happy with, but maybe I can find a better one before my modder starts working :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Luvwatch

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
a597d668104bb8b50aacdeb2994c9f79.jpg

For your info...2 dial gen...one bold and one slim 5 lines...

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
312a9cc5fc66444dd964e24dc9651287.jpg

fd7c47bcb167d4bfdbdebf6e198215a3.jpg

And two Mark dial black...one is very similar to noob V3/4 black

Reactions: Bobi01

Bobi01

2/2/19
Im confused too and i font know what to do now..arf have better 5 line fonts,have better indexes but noob improved them too on v4.. noob have better subdials imo and white is better on noob imo..idk if this 5 line tekst will be visible on wrist

Noobguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
United Kingdom
Hey guys, quick question. I’ve done searching through here and came to the conclusion that the Arf is better piece for white dial and black dial is better for noob.

I know overall quality of the arf is superior to that of the noob. I haven’t been able to find good enough resolution pictures of the black noob V4 to compare to gen, but what does everybody think about the font of the noob v4 black? Quality is easily noticeable on the white but not so much on black.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Im confused too and i font know what to do now..arf have better 5 line fonts,have better indexes but noob improved them too on v4.. noob have better subdials imo and white is better on noob imo..idk if this 5 line tekst will be visible on wrist

Here are your options:

1. Find a perfect v2 ARF dial, you won’t do better then that!
2. Find a v2 ARF dial with almost perfect subdials and text
3. Use the v4 Noob dial and live with slightly fat font and less “crispyness” of the dial

or at least that would be my preferred scenario form 1-3 :)

mistermagoo

9/8/17
idk if this 5 line tekst will be visible on wrist

That's what I would like to see - if these differences between ARF and Noob dial text are discernible on the wrist and not under magnification.

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
That's what I would like to see - if these differences between ARF and Noob are discernible in the wrist and not under magnification.

In my humble opinion yes, when I compare the text on the ARF, Noob and gen irl, the noob dial just doesn’t look right on the wrist

the noob dial lacks the crisp look of the gen, and the luster on the hour markers

Last edited:
Reactions: ssouthall6

Bobi01

2/2/19
In my humble opinion yes, when I compare the text on the ARF, Noob and gen irl, the noob dial just doesn’t look right on the wrist

the noob dial lacks the crisp look of the gen, and the luster on the hour markers

And if gen owner see a creamy white color of dial and you must to explain to him that gen have both variations hahaha..most of them are more white

Luvwatch

21/8/14
I know! That’s what I’ve been dealing with the last 4 months :) I bought 2 complete ARF watches, and I just ordered 3 ARF dials :)

im getting this fucking build perfect, or I’m gonna die trying :)

I got an ARF dial now that I’m 95% happy with, but maybe I can find a better one before my modder starts working :)

I’m the exact same mind frame as you mate, and just about to start the process of choosing the most gen like ARF Dial with my TD.

Please, in your experience which one to go for, black or white, and what flaws to look for.

The most noticeable I guess are the sub dials thickness and boldness in the 5 lines texts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Arf white dial is closer to gen..black dial isnt to me..doesnt have gen shine and color on different angles..arf is on any angle white and gen goes dark grey
arf subdials dont have this effect 100%

Great input mate!

Actually I like both, maybe the black a bit more.
My concern with the white dial is that the red tone in Daytona looks a bit more orange than gen.
My logic tells me black is harder to miss the overall tone than white but I haven’t seen any of them, only in photos and they can be tricky.

Reactions: Markaplan

ssouthall6

10/10/13

I have to agree. They've improved it but the finish on the indices is immediately obvious. At first I thought it was the crystal - I switched the crystal first to double check - nope, it's clearly the dial.

The other big problem is the O. Rolex dials have loads of colour and shade variations, although the 116500 only has one very marginal variation (2018). No rolex dial on any model has ever had an O shaped like a donut :D

4 releases and the noob dial is still unusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2841

Bobi01

2/2/19
Great input mate!

Actually I like both, maybe the black a bit more.
My concern with the white dial is that the red tone in Daytona looks a bit more orange than gen.
My logic tells me black is harder to miss the overall tone than white but I haven’t seen any of them, only in photos and they can be tricky.

Yes i watched milion videos of noob,arf and gen examples of black dial and trust me i think neither arf or noob don have genlike subdials,really i like black more but im changing to white because i think it is more genlike.. arf have too matte finish and too white subdials and without shine on any angle you look at and it is white on any angle while noob have some mettalic gray-silver color subdials and on some lights look very genlike but on some lights looks very bad and chrome.. gen have some matte gray-white color but have some weird shine like a some shine coating really specific ,and goes dark grey on angles ... (arf too matte and white,noob to much shine and mettalic,gen is specific matte with some shine coating and goes both white and dark gray on different angles)

Reactions: gb7007

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I’m the exact same mind frame as you mate, and just about to start the process of choosing the most gen like ARF Dial with my TD.

Please, in your experience which one to go for, black or white, and what flaws to look for.

The most noticeable I guess are the sub dials thickness and boldness in the 5 lines texts.

I don’t really like the black 116500, so haven’t paid any attention to that.

on a ARF dial, I look for 3 factors on the v2. Subdial thickness, subdial number placement, quality of 5 lines of text print and lastly quality and placement of the Daytona text

Noobguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
United Kingdom
I haven’t bought a daytona since my noob 116520 V2... are ARF dials still misaligned or has this been sorted with recent batches? I’m seeing less and less of the misaligned dial and unsure if this has been a mod.

If not a mod then I’m 100% going Arf panda and just replacing rotar and caseback.