• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
I still haven't received a photo in different lighting, can you imagine? ;)

I don't expect to be treated like royalty, but some basic decency would be nice. I don't appreciate being treated like an idiot, especially after transferring about 20k his way in the past 5 years or so.

I have also found that we are being treated like second rate citizens whenever there is an issue raised.
To me, it seems like if there are any concerns or flaws with the watch on the QC pictures they will send you to the back of the line.
However, if you are one of their 'good' customers and GL everything, then the process is quite fast.

They sure are quick to take our money, but when it comes to fixing problems it seems like they disappear for a while.
Also, regardless of whether we are spending $3xx or $6xx, it's not an inexpensive purchase ad we aren't talking like its a $30 cheapie.

I am going to hold off on any future purchases for a while, I have three watches pending and from different TDs too that I'm trying to sort out.
All I am doing is waiting, the more you bother them, the more annoyed they get.
Maybe all the TDs have been in this game too long and have seen it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
GL ?

is that a reddit term ?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Received my Daytona yesterday and I am quite pleased. The subdials are still shiny in some lighting conditions however.

What do you think about bezel? If you seen in person cf before,is it cf better than v4?
thanks

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Subdials look thin, this looks like a V4 based on the CP hole and bezel insert.
Did they fix the Panda dial and mess up the Black dial?

Last edited:

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
What do you think about bezel? If you seen in person cf before,is it cf better than v4?
thanks

Hard to tell if you don`t have them side by side. I once had a Daytona with a CF bezel and my impression is that the CF still is a little bit better. To find out I have ordered a CF bezel today, will post comparison pictures when I get it (in a few weeks).

Reactions: Litheo and Bobi01

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
My noob v4 black was returned by customs..... Ryan send it out to me if it’s arrived. I’m so worry...

Strange place for this type of post. I wouldn't worry but wouldn't it be better dealt with by PM in any event. Holiday is China at the moment.

srhoque

28/11/18
M Scott - What is the verdict on the v4 Black sub-dial thickness? Same as gen or have they become skinnier now? Much appreciated!!

Regarding the shine, I don't think Noob will fix it anytime soon, so I am letting that issue go for now.

Bobi01

2/2/19
M Scott - What is the verdict on the v4 Black sub-dial thickness? Same as gen or have they become skinnier now? Much appreciated!!

Regarding the shine, I don't think Noob will fix it anytime soon, so I am letting that issue go for now.

I think no rep factory will make anytime soon genlike subdials on black dial...i think it is hard to make it,so matte on some light and on some lights it looks matte and shiny at the same time,hard to explain and hard to copy i think..it doesnt change color like on noob subdials but keep that matte finnish and color and have some shine

Reactions: srhoque

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Received my Daytona yesterday and I am quite pleased. The subdials are still shiny in some lighting conditions however.

I think your subdials and hands combo looks great. One of the best I've seen. I would be over the moon with this watch.

Reactions: gb7007

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I think no rep factory will make anytime soon genlike subdials on black dial...i think it is hard to make it,so matte on some light and on some lights it looks matte and shiny at the same time,hard to explain and hard to copy i think..it doesnt change color like on noob subdials but keep that matte finnish and color and have some shine

+1

thickness of V4 subdials is perfect!

Reactions: Bobi01

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

The Black Noob V4 Dial looks exactly the same as a thin Sub-dial V3 version, which is about the same thickness as a Gen. They have not become skinnier.

The Black ARF Dial has Sub-dials that do have a more matte finish, but they are slightly thicker than Gen.

Bobi01

2/2/19
Idk but those subdials looks so gen on direck sunlight,i like black dial and i dont know should i even change to panda when i recieve it...this isnt same subdials from v2 daytona black dial i think it is improoved in v3

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16
Idk but those subdials looks so gen on direck sunlight,i like black dial and i dont know should i even change to panda when i recieve it...this isnt same subdials from v2 daytona black dial i think it is improoved in v3

If I were you I would leave this as is, this is a gorgeous piece!