• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

gpvecchi

4/7/12
Thanks! I didn't want to post my concern to not suggest irregularities. Perhaps 3 and 6 markers are a little off center, and there's a small white dot between 1 and 1 in 110 on bezel (that could be a plush).

Reject your QC, watch should say "China Made" @6 marker

Yes, I noticed that, too, but I saw many V4 more disaligned... But SELs seems to be quite good on this watch...

Last edited:

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Thanks! I didn't want to post my concern to not suggest irregularities. Perhaps 3 and 6 markers are a little off center, and there's a small white dot between 1 and 1 in 110 on bezel (that could be a plush).

Maybe my eyes are tired but to me it looks like a V3 with skinny subdials and very orange Daytona

Rpde

Horology Curious
12/7/20
I’ve purchased a black V4 and both of my QC pics have had the bezel off center. Is this issue common? The other bezels I have seen in this thread look fine, so I would like to know whether it is a known issue or am I just unlucky.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
This release is quite confusing. My TD claims that the watch shown to me in my QC pics is in fact a V4 and that it's just a matter of lighting. But how can lighting make the CP hole bigger and bezel engraving thinner and darker? I think I better go for the 116519,it's a much safer bet, even if it's still a "V3". So frustrating...

Ive found if a watch has a cross over of parts but has been picked up fresh by the dealer from a factory’s new batch and the version is now v4 then it’s a v4 to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Ive found if a watch has a cross over of parts but has been picked up fresh by the dealer from a factory’s new batch and the version is now v4 then it’s a v4 to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know.. TDs don't follow our discussions and generally don't know ( or care ) about details. I'm having difficulties explaining to my TD what my problem is, because the watch was sold to him as a V4. So it's obviously a V4, right?!?! He says that it's becoming more and more difficult to get replacement watches, so I think he wants me to accept the watch, no matter what. I might do that with a 300$ watch, but I'm not bending over on a 700$ watch. No way. I bought well over 50 watches from him and won't take the noob treatment!

He said that it was lighting making the CP hole appear bigger, so I asked for a photo in lighting conditions that will make it look like a V4. So far - crickets.

Last edited:

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Yeah, I know.. TDs don't follow our discussions and generally don't know ( or care ) about details. I'm having difficulties explaining to my TD what my problem is, because the watch was sold to him as a V4. So it's obviously a V4, right?!?! He says that it's becoming more and more difficult to get replacement watches, so I think he wants me to accept the watch, no matter what. I might do that with a 300$ watch, but I'm not bending over on a 700$ watch. No way. I bought well over 50 watches from him and won't take the noob treatment!

He said that it was lighting making the CP hole appear bigger, so I asked for a photo in lighting conditions that will make it look like a V4. So far - crickets.

I agree with you that for a 700 watch you can demand more of your TD.
Sorry for my ignorance but what’s the CP hole?
And what’s the difference in this between V3 and V4?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Anyone know if a gen dial will fit a noob V4?
My concern is if the noob handset will work and if any mods would be needed.

Luvwatch

21/8/14
On RG is a guy who sells them from time to time. He offered one some days before.

He also has a Daytona v4 LN for sale

Good to know mate. I’d appreciate if you have the name of the member so I can get in contact.

Stay safe

Bobi01

2/2/19
So i pulled the thrigger for the noob v4 dial and CF bezel
i didnt want to use arf because of thinner subdials..this v4 correct subdials thickness and correct font possition is the way to go to me especially as they fixed orange daytona
This combo on my watch example would be perfect

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Anyone know if a gen dial will fit a noob V4?
My concern is if the noob handset will work and if any mods would be needed.

Yes Gen dial will fit without any mods. It is a straightforward swap.

However a Gen 116500 is almost impossible to find and expensive as hell. You will not find one under 3k.

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Yes Gen dial will fit without any mods. It is a straightforward swap.

However a Gen 116500 is almost impossible to find and expensive as hell. You will not find one under 3k.

Good to know it fits mate.
Please correct me if I’m wrong but for the noob V4 a gen 116520 would be the right one right?
I have seen some of them available.
I don’t know if the ARF is so good that’s not worth buying the gen dial.

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
IMG_082546f4a79f87b6ee0e.jpg

I rejected. 240 and 120 misalignment. Looks like SonnyM5 watch he rejected.

Bobi01

2/2/19
Good to know it fits mate.
Please correct me if I’m wrong but for the noob V4 a gen 116520 would be the right one right?
I have seen some of them available.
I don’t know if the ARF is so good that’s not worth buying the gen dial.

Yes but 116520 have incorect dial for ceramic bezel..different fonts and subdials