• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
That's fair enough, but I'd wager the proportion of people who buy the noob that mod is very small. Due to no access to a watch smith and/or to save money.

if you want to save money you don't get a noob, since in order to make it respectable you need at least ARF parts for most models, so if you wanna save money you just get the arf and don't mod it.

You get the noob for the movement, just the movement is worth the extra money.

It's the best base for modding, accepting both internal and external gen parts, and there's no need to cut feet if someone wants to get a gen dial for it.

Reactions: James2020

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
if you want to save money you don't get a noob, since in order to make it respectable you need at least ARF parts for most models, so if you wanna save money you just get the arf and don't mod it.

You get the noob for the movement, just the movement is worth the extra money.

It's the best base for modding, accepting both internal and external gen parts, and there's no need to cut feet if someone wants to get a gen dial for it.

That makes sense, sounds like a sound strategy. Out of interest what are some common internal mods and what benefits does it bring?

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
That makes sense, sounds like a sound strategy. Out of interest what are some common internal mods and what benefits does it bring?

Well let's see, some people change the hairspring and bridge just so it looks gen visually, i don't think there is any advantage there. Then a common mod is the automatic module and rotor, some people put that gen in order to boost the self winding efficiency, and others put in gen main spring in order to boost power reserve.

In my opinion you don't need to change anything unless something breaks. And that's quite rare since the reliability of the 4130 is well known. Still, it can happen, but it never happened to me.

Reactions: greenbeans

Bobi01

2/2/19
In my case my noob 4130 movement is perfect when i full wind it, trought the day on my wrist it lost -2 secs and overnight in flat position +2 so every day it runs almost perfect but only thing that im concerned is when it is on low power reserve like last 10-15 h of reserve it starts to runs very fast like +4 secs trough the day and in flat position overnight it loose like 10-15 secs... idk if it is normal or not

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
In my case my noob 4130 movement is perfect when i full wind it, trought the day on my wrist it lost -2 secs and overnight in flat position +2 so every day it runs almost perfect but only thing that im concerned is when it is on low power reserve like last 10-15 h of reserve it starts to runs very fast like +4 secs trough the day and in flat position overnight it loose like 10-15 secs... idk if it is normal or not

Go service it mate. Im sure you will be happy after that.
mine stable at +2 s/d. Only full wind 1time after the service. I wear mine almost 1 year now. Movement is very good. I have 2 daytona , 1 gen movement, 1 noob movement, both are stable.
20200823-111106.jpg

black dial gen movement
white dial noob movement

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
mine stable at +2 s/d. Only full wind 1time after the service. I wear mine almost 1 year now. Movement is very good. I have 2 daytona , 1 gen movement, 1 noob movement, both are stable.
20200823-111106.jpg

black dial gen movement
white dial noob movement

Hey Bro, where did you get that white strap for the white dial? Also, what exactly are your watches (v3, v4)? How about the bezels (clean)?

Thanks!

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
Hey Bro, where did you get that white strap for the white dial? Also, what exactly are your watches (v3, v4)? How about the bezels (clean)?

Thanks!

Hi mate.
White dial : Noob V3 stock with Noob V2.2 dial. White rubber strap from everestbands strap. Arf Clasp. Bezel is from Clean factory.

Black dial : All Gen 116520 parts, Noob mid case, bracelet, Gen back case, Arf clasp. Bezel is from Clean as well.

Reactions: Swiss Maiden

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
20200823-111106.jpg

black dial gen movement
white dial noob movement

Nice combo right there.

gpvecchi

4/7/12
OK, I ordered my V4... For a good franken, I'd need a good dial (fat ARF V2, if I can find it), gen gasket and gen balance bridge, right? Anything else?

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
OK, I ordered my V4... For a good franken, I'd need a good dial (fat ARF V2, if I can find it), gen gasket and gen balance bridge, right? Anything else?

The most concern to franken will be dial, bezel and clasp (most use arf).
For movement itself, after service i dont think anyone complain.
If you want to franken movement to gen parts, it will be good but i dont think it make lot difference.
For gasket, IMO it depends on individual eye. For me i dont see any difference between my noob (white dial) crystal and gasket, compare to my black dial (gen crystal gen gasket)
Just my 2 cents, hope you got the great V4 watch mate :)

Reactions: gpvecchi

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
That's what I was thinking too. The majority on here seem to rate the Noob due to the 4130 movement clone, but doesn't it defeat the purpose if the advice is not to actually use the chrono? Then what's the point? Why just just get an ARF which has a better dial?

Let's be honest. Some people are scared that a friend will be manipulating their expensive hard working money spent "Rolex Daytona" and notice the chrono are not working lol

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
20200823-111106.jpg

black dial gen movement
white dial noob movement

Ok I’m a metal bracelet guy but that white Daytona is AWESOME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Valentz

Luvwatch

21/8/14
I’m looking for a modder in the US because the only thing it seems I must change on a v4 is the crystal gasket. Hopefully someone has a suggestion.

Hey mate, did you find a modder?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

takoxavy

I'm Pretty Popular
8/3/14
Seems like everyone is mostly discussing about the white dial on V4... Is the black dial good to go? Or does it still have over shiny subdials?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Seems like everyone is mostly discussing about the white dial on V4... Is the black dial good to go? Or does it still have over shiny subdials?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Seems its still shiny, but well... she looking good as well

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Seems its still shiny, but well... she looking good as well

I’ve been reading a lot in this post. Great info.
Seems like the V4 is the way to go, better movement, but I’m still undecided about the dial, I don’t know if the white or black version is most gen like.
For the printing and overall finish, seems the black one is a better option, the texts look sharper.

From the ARF, which is better, black or white?
Which one has a better crystal?

Maybe an option would be buying a V4 and an ARF just for the dial.

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Seems its still shiny, but well... she looking good as well[/QUOTE]

I’ve been reading a lot in this post. Great info.
Seems like the V4 is the way to go, better movement, but I’m still undecided about the dial, I don’t know if the white or black version is most gen like.
For the printing and overall finish, seems the black one is a better option, the texts look sharper.

From the ARF, which is better, black or white?
Which one has a better crystal?

Maybe an option would be buying a V4 and an ARF just for the dial.