• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Wow, what a thread!
A quick glean suggests that it looks similar to a 2010 dial, shiny subdials, that would tie in with chromalight which was introduced in 2008.

Reactions: weezkid

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Are you sure the dial is gen? Gen dial has matte silver subdials, yours are shiny silver like they are on a stock Noob V4.

Gen 116520 dials have shiny subdials, unlike gen 116500 dials whose subdials are more mate

Tobel

6/7/17
Tobel

If I'm not mistaken, the specs were based on the following:
Noob V3
Gen 116520 bezel
Gen crystal with LEC
Gen 116520 dial chromalight blue
Gen hands
Gen crown and pushers
Gen back case
ARF clasp and Noob bracelet

No wonder why it looks so amazing ;) Congrats man wear it in good health

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
latest production chromalight 116520 has shiny counters 2015-2016

My 116520 (2016) gen :)

Reactions: Tione12

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
This thread needs to be resurrected :)

BTW - how do you guys clean your CF bezels? Ultra soft toothbrushes? Any liquid?

IMG-20210808-002406.jpg

Last edited:

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
Does anyone know fitting a gen tube requires the case to be retapped? And is that tube the same as the ones used on subs / gmts?

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville

BTW - how do you guys clean your CF bezels? Ultra soft toothbrushes? Any liquid?

I’m curious about this as well!

I have 2 CF bezels, one looking way dimmer than the other. Thinking of brushing it with a toothbrush and some soap / isopropyl but not sure if the brushing will just wear off the platinum color markers..

Therion666 what’s the current state of your CF bezel?

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20

I have 2 CF bezels, one looking way dimmer than the other. Thinking of brushing it with a toothbrush and some soap / isopropyl but not sure if the brushing will just wear off the platinum color markers..

I've had really nice results cleaning my very dim/dirty ARF SD43 ceramic bezel....first with some warm soapy water and a very soft toothbrush, then finishing with some rubbing alcohol (70%) and the toothbrush. Was able to get it looking like new (surprisingly good results). Haven't had to try this on my CF ceramic daytona bezel yet as it still looks great...but I suspect the results would be similar if it has darkened due to dirt and grime buildup.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi

IMG-20210808-002406.jpg

I noticed that my new CF bezel gets less dirty than the Noob V4 one and I need to clean it a lot less. In my opinion it depends on the engravings that are deeper in the Noob bezel. However, I clean it with warm water, mild soap and a toothbrush with very soft bristles to avoid the risk of damaging the platinum finish.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's a bit darker than it was the day I got it. Not necessarily dirty, because I don't wear the watch very often and I'm one of those super clean pshychos - I wipe my watches with a soft cloth after use to avoid the cheese grater situation on the caseback.

It looks pretty much the same as the stock Noob V4 bezel, the only difference I notice is the thickness of the engravings.

​​​​@ettorefranco It seems to me that engravings are actually thicker and deeper on my CF.

butler182 dashing ettorefranco doumstyle Thanks for your replies guys, I'll try some soap and use a Curaprox Ultrasoft toothbrush.

Last edited:

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
​​​​@ettorefranco It seems to me that engravings are actually thicker and deeper on my CF.

This is obviously my feeling as it is impossible to measure the engravings, however even with a magnifying glass I had the same impression. Or maybe we get different impressions because not all bezels, CF or Noob, are perfectly alike. However, I got the idea that deeper engravings as well as collecting more dirt make the platinum finish less visible especially from an angled view.

Reactions: Therion666

Omega

Known Member
8/5/09
Why the rep factory loves to darken the font? Same as Sub ceramic and now is Daytona. I rather they make it white!

Bobi01

2/2/19
Therion666 hey bro
every part also have qc, maybe your CF isnt lighter from the beggining, also im preety sure that CFs latest bezels are much better and lighter than before, where do you source yours i cant remember? I know you didnt bought it long before but maybe is from old stocks …

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hi Noobtona Fans,

I have no contact with non TDs except for one dealer, albeit I never ever ordered anything from them. Their website has been existing for years and seems to be apparently "legit" to me. Their prices have always been higher by USD 100-200 than those of TDs. To my surprise today I got their newsletter advertising their Noob Daytona's being in stock. To my question they informed me those Noobtona's were really in their stock and they would provide QC pictures of the ordered rep in ca. 3 days after the payment. As I'm not sure if this news is true and I haven't had a purchase experience with them that's why I'm not publicly sharing this dealer's name and their website link with you. Folks, do you think this dealer really has these reps in stock, they are trying to cash in some money from backorders, the production of Noobtona's has been re-started or this dealer is simply lying?