• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
It's my understanding it's best to solder new dial feet in place. There's a great post detailing the moderately challenging work here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...feet-without-an-expensive-machine#post7009925

I do recall reading some posts discussing gluing or taping the dial in place, but that seems a bit short sighted and potentially risky if you need to disassemble in the future. I am by no means an expert though, so would love to hear some thoughts from others with more experience on the topic.

Nikz19

GMTlover

27/12/12
yeah my rep also not bad

IMG-20210318-WA00468d323119853304f4.jpg

20210401_131922bd63fc9b8bbe7fdd.jpg

20210401_131926464f0bb24440d530.jpg

20210401_13194917ce37e8fd6b0eb2.jpg

Sweet

Reactions: KJ2020

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
It's my understanding it's best to solder new dial feet in place. There's a great post detailing the moderately challenging work here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...feet-without-an-expensive-machine#post7009925

I do recall reading some posts discussing gluing or taping the dial in place, but that seems a bit short sighted and potentially risky if you need to disassemble in the future. I am by no means an expert though, so would love to hear some thoughts from others with more experience on the topic.

Thanks for the link, would love to know their thoughts as well!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's my understanding it's best to solder new dial feet in place. There's a great post detailing the moderately challenging work here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ne#post7009925

Soldering on new dial feet is a high level skill that few people will master. Using epoxy to glue new feet in place is a safe and reliable alternative that is much less difficult and less risky - a dial can be scorched while soldering. Also when gluing there is no need to precisely locate the new feet positions since the feet are already in place in the movement when the dial is set.

I describe the process in detail in the thread linked below for anyone interested.

The Hulktimate - GREEN goes GOLD!

For those who can solder, you have my admiration! If you can't, join the club - there's still hope for the rest of us.

Last edited:

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Soldering on new dial feet is a high level skill that few people will master. Using epoxy to glue new feet in place is a safe and reliable alternative that is much less difficult and less risky - a dial can be scorched while soldering. Also when gluing there is no need to precisely locate the new feet positions since the feet are already in place in the movement when the dial is set.

I describe the process in detail in the thread linked below for anyone interested.

Brilliant post/technique KJ2020! Thanks for chiming in. Good to know there is a safe and reliable epoxy technique for adding the dial feet. The thought of having to apply heat anywhere near the dial definitely seemed a bit high risk.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

For those who can solder, you have my admiration! If you can't, join the club - there's still hope for the rest of us.

This is a great found. Thanks a lot KJ2020
I have been using those dial dots which are far from satisfactory.

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20
Hello everyone.

I am about to buy a noob v4 daytona black dial from a friend. I want to mount a CF bezel on it. I asked my TD and he told me it’s hard to get one because of the raids.
Anyone knows how I can get one? Any advise will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Hello everyone.

I am about to buy a noob v4 daytona black dial from a friend. I want to mount a CF bezel on it. I asked my TD and he told me it’s hard to get one because of the raids.
Anyone knows how I can get one? Any advise will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check with thrillofhunt or Rubberman . I have purchased parts from them before. If no one has it, it maybe prudent to just wait until supply situation improves.

Shany

24/6/19
I dont know why, ive had a daytona Franken for myself. Now ive Seen one in m2m.

Is it me or Even with Full Franken the Dimensions and the entire Form is typically still noob style.

Iam nur sure if the Most of you know what i mean...

7dad81c8a18347e8eadc1c2846124738.jpg

Reactions: Pizzo

Pizzo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/19
I dont know why, ive had a daytona Franken for myself. Now ive Seen one in m2m.

Is it me or Even with Full Franken the Dimensions and the entire Form is typically still noob style.

Iam nur sure if the Most of you know what i mean...

7dad81c8a18347e8eadc1c2846124738.jpg

you are definitely right. see the link ...