• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Hey guys, what do you think of the white dial below? It's being offered for sale as a noob v4. I'm planning to swap out my black v4 dial for either a good noob v4 white dial (easy swap) or an ARF white dial (not so easy due to mods required). I thought the "DAYTONA" text looked very orange and the coronet fairly flat (not 3D). Would love to get a second opinion.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Hey guys, what do you think of the white dial below? It's being offered for sale as a noob v4. I'm planning to swap out my black v4 dial for either a good noob v4 white dial (easy swap) or an ARF white dial (not so easy due to mods required). I thought the "DAYTONA" text looked very orange and the coronet fairly flat (not 3D). Would love to get a second opinion.

Imo this is not v4
v4 have much sharper subdials print
check out others v4-s here on thread and you will see

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I'm interested in buying a cf bezel but my td is saying they stopped making it. Anyone try and get the same answer?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I'm interested in buying a cf bezel but my td is saying they stopped making it. Anyone try and get the same answer?

So CF is also under raid?
If this is the case, God knows when will the great reps we have been enjoying be ever emerged again.

ronsars

Horology Curious
28/6/20
Can you please tell me where i can buy those hands?

From what I have learnt, those hands do not come from “Factory” but a small group of people. They sell hands directly to the modders. They make profit because noob hands are too bad.

However, I believe all TDs know how to source those hands. Just ask

Bobi01

2/2/19
From what I have learnt, those hands do not come from “Factory” but a small group of people. They sell hands directly to the modders. They make profit because noob hands are too bad.

However, I believe all TDs know how to source those hands. Just ask

No problem,source one set for me if you can

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Change gasket and bezel (it was a 116520)

dbf7db542ceecfed68e21da256316ed3.jpg

b38f7c6b4270b05424aa6d8746b8d8af.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

oay62

1/1/20
South Germany
Do these guys all use the same video? Same video, different language and presenter but different ads.

my question is: Who provides them with the initial recording? :cool:

Reactions: Seefeld

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
No problem,source one set for me if you can

Honestly I prefer not to have your level of knowledge, so I do less mental blowjobs :D In fact I cannot see differences between Noob hands and this and especially the 3d effect that I seem to see in one and in the other

Last edited:

Bobi01

2/2/19
Honestly I prefer not to have your level of knowledge, so I do less mental blowjobs :D In fact I cannot see differences between Noob hands and this and especially the 3d effect that I seem to see in one and in the other

Hahhaha check out edges of the hands,especially on subdial hands,edges are soft and not flat like on noobs hands

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Hahhaha check out edges of the hands,especially on subdial hands,edges are soft and not flat like on noobs hands

Yes, now I can see too, subdial hands at this magnification seem to be shaped, instead the Noob hands are flatter. Now I have the reason for a new headache :smile:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Quick question- if I was to purchase an ARF dial for my Noob Daytona- the dial has already been shaved and feet removed

do new feet need to be applied? Seller showed me a photo and it is basically smooth on the back side with no feet.

Thanks in advance!!

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Quick question- if I was to purchase an ARF dial for my Noob Daytona- the dial has already been shaved and feet removed

do new feet need to be applied? Seller showed me a photo and it is basically smooth on the back side with no feet.

Thanks in advance!!

It's my understanding it's best to solder new dial feet in place. There's a great post detailing the moderately challenging work here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...feet-without-an-expensive-machine#post7009925

I do recall reading some posts discussing gluing or taping the dial in place, but that seems a bit short sighted and potentially risky if you need to disassemble in the future. I am by no means an expert though, so would love to hear some thoughts from others with more experience on the topic.

Reactions: SOLEX