• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Tony6239

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/19
Got mine 2 weeks ago. I now have 2 4130 based Daytona’s. Wondering how I will get them serviced once they need serviced..

9b6bf19efffe3af1e0db96209b3405a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Got mine 2 weeks ago. I now have 2 4130 based Daytona’s. Wondering how I will get them serviced once they need serviced..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It would be hard honestly since 4130 is not an easy movement to overhaul. This is one of the reasons why I am still hesitant in getting the 4130 clone Daytona.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
It would be hard honestly since 4130 is not an easy movement to overhaul. This is one of the reasons why I am still hesitant in getting the 4130 clone Daytona.

Its amazing movement,i was sceptic like you but movement is so strong and solid
major people are also satisfied in long term so thats telling something

Azboth

Horology Curious
22/2/21
To add to that its buttery smooth. It really is fantastic

This. And it's what surprised me the most to be honest. I had a watches buying spree lately so I didn't wear it nearly enough but I was generally impressed by the finishing and the smoothness of the movement. I like to wear different watches depending on my outfits , meetings or activities so I'm not really concerned with maintenance right now but I've been thinking about buying a 4130 clone movement just in case I would have to overhaul it in the future ^^'

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
My V4 has just arrived back from Nikz19 spa treatment today, he got it rid of the disgusting milky crystal gasket and slapped on the CF bezel. Plus a bit of timing adjustment. The difference is night and day, especially with the gasket! Thank you mate, you've done a wonderful job!

Bobi01

2/2/19
My V4 has just arrived back from Nikz19 spa treatment today, he got it rid of the disgusting milky crystal gasket and slapped on the CF bezel. Plus a bit of timing adjustment. The difference is night and day, especially with the gasket! Thank you mate, you've done a wonderful job!

Love it bro
wondeefull job from Nikz19 as always

Reactions: Therion666

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Can someone help me see the difference between CF and Noob bezel? What is better about CF? I'm about to mod my V4 with a 519 dial, a better crown (mine is crap) and a cousins crystal gasket. If I reckon I need a CF bezel I'll order one and wait for it before I start working on the watch.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Can someone kindly explain this cousins gasket business and why I'd like to upgrade mine?

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Can someone kindly explain this cousins gasket business and why I'd like to upgrade mine?

The noob gasket has a white tone to it. The cousins one is more clear/transparent which correlates with the gen. The side by side comparison has been posted on this thread if I recall correctly. I can’t seem to find exactly where at the moment though (on mobile). Hope this helps

Reactions: Duckber

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

in my experience, the only case in which you do not necessarily need to change it is if you have an 116520 white dial. In every other case there is a white halo at the rim of the crystal which, once you changed to cousin or gen gasket, you cannot unsee

It's subtle but evident at the same time.

Reactions: Duckber

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
My mtm purchase noob arf hybrid had arrived with a not so good ARF dial and a broken driving wheel for ratchet. Mike watchservicesny serviced the movement, replaced the ratchet wheel with gen and replaced the crystal gasket. Also put the v4 dial back in.
Watch runs sweetly and looks great!

hard at work timing breaks between sets at the gym. Who says you don't need a chrono!!

​​​​​​​bravo watchservicesny

Reactions: Therion666

Robsen

I’ve been replaced by a box.
Supporter
Certified
8/2/17
Had my v4 noob panda few weeks, crazy watch. Best I’ve ever owned. Is it just me or do they wear very small? I have average 6.5 wrists. Only ever tried it on but seems so small. Going to be selling to a friend. Anyone agree?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

StevieH

Known Member
14/1/19
Had my v4 noob panda few weeks, crazy watch. Best I’ve ever owned. Is it just me or do they wear very small? I have average 6.5 wrists. Only ever tried it on but seems so small. Going to be selling to a friend. Anyone agree?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I completely agree. it's a cracking watch and mine gets noticed a lot, shame to sell it.

Yes, I was surprised how small it wore too, but I do have a slightly larger wrist, but it sits lovely, low and comfortable and will easily go under a shirt ????

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Here's a photo of my V4 with an upgraded CF bezel. The difference is very obvious IRL, much more than in pics. Especially in low light. The gen spec gasket is even more obvious, no more milky ring around the crystal, I love it!