• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

dimas

Known Member
11/10/14
USA
I want to buy DAYTONA 116500 CERAMIC BEZEL WHITE DIAL 904L Steel :frusty:

iang27

4/12/15
UK
I have accepted this as it was the only one available.
Does the bezel look like it needs rotating back ( Anti clockwise ) very slightly or on the wrist will it be ok.
Can you turn it without removing it ?

iang27

4/12/15
UK
Does the bezel look like it needs rotating back ( Anti clockwise ) very slightly or on the wrist will it be ok.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13

Yes it is off
No you have to remove it
But otherwise the watch looks fantastic, the case is noticeably improved from the front anyway

The guy who can spot the crown from across the street - give him a break, his crown looks like it's been through a titanium blender.

I still wouldn't spot it from across the street though, I can't even read the subtitles on the telly after lockdown destroyed my vision :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iang27

4/12/15
UK
Yes it is off
No you have to remove it
But otherwise the watch looks fantastic, the case is noticeably improved from the front anyway

The guy who can spot the crown from across the street - give him a break, his crown looks like it's been through a titanium blender.

I still wouldn't spot it from across the street though, I can't even read the subtitles on the telly after lockdown destroyed my vision :D

With my cataracts I can barely see the watch !

It was after making the pictures bigger I spotted it

ssouthall6

10/10/13
With my cataracts I can barely see the watch !

It was after making the pictures bigger I spotted it

To be honest, if you swap the gasket the modder could straighten the bezel for you easy enough. Problem solved!

iang27

4/12/15
UK
To be honest, if you swap the gasket the modder could straighten the bezel for you easy enough. Problem solved!

I looked at the cousins gaskets and they looked white as well. Is the gen gasket clear ?

Does the Crystal come off if you remove the bezel or can the bezel be lifted then reseated by itself.
I wasn’t sure how tight it is fitted, could it be turned by just twisting it ?

iang27

4/12/15
UK
Dealer has just sent me this after I had entitled the bezel. I have bought a few watches from him so looks like he is looking after me.

iang27

4/12/15
UK
Mentioned ‘not’ entitled, auto text !’

Looks like he has another one for me.

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19
in your opinion is v4 crystal acceptable or do you recommend something other than gen?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

The Fixer

Horology Curious
4/4/20
in your opinion is v4 crystal acceptable or do you recommend something other than gen?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

I have Prof 2X on all my daytonas. It's beautiful. Not gen spec, better! :D

I love it, it's really something beautiful, and makes the dial so much more enjoyable. Huge upgrade. And if anybody asks, I tell them its aftermarket upgrade with AR, cause Rolex was too lazy to do it. :D

Reactions: gb7007

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19
I have Prof 2X on all my daytonas. It's beautiful. Not gen spec, better! :D

I love it, it's really something beautiful, and makes the dial so much more enjoyable. Huge upgrade. And if anybody asks, I tell them its aftermarket upgrade with AR, cause Rolex was too lazy to do it. :D

Where can i buy a prof?

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Grunf

werdn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/18
Hey how water resistant are these watches? I was wondering if I could clean it under a sink or wear it in a hot tub lol

Tobel

6/7/17
Hey how water resistant are these watches? I was wondering if I could clean it under a sink or wear it in a hot tub lol

You can't assume that they are. You might get lucky, or not. Best is to get it water pressure tested

Reactions: werdn

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Daytona is designed for you to wear while driving in a car, not for swimming or diving, lol
The Rolex Oyster case is designed for you to wear when swimming or diving, lol.

However, as Tobel rightly says, never assume your Chinese Rolex Oyster copy has left the factory in a water tight condition - always assume it hasn’t. And if (for some unfathomable reason) you feel the desire to wear it in water, then get it tested first.

Reactions: KJ2020 and werdn